BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Possible Futures

Lots of stuff written in lots of threads, so I have attempted to distill the salient points.

Here are the five possible futures for Blackburn Rovers:

1. Venkys walk away. Throw back the keys and write off the £100m.

2. Venkys find a buyer. Somebody buys the club and pays off Venkys £100m debt.

3. Venkys leave but attempt to recoup their losses. Sell saleable assets :- Players, Brockhall etc.

4. Venkys stay and attempt to get the club promoted to help clear their debt.

5. Venkys stay but maintain the status quo. Just do enough to keep the football club ticking-over.

I think I've covered them all. No doubt some joker will add :-

6. Venkys taken out by a hit man.

... But in reality that would default to (3.) as the Bank of India steps in to retrieve what it's owed.

So in a nut shell they are the possible futures for this football club. Which do you want and how can you achieve it?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem IF the bulk or all of that 100 mill is debt from somewhere else, they can't walk away.

No.2 will never happen so we can totally forget that wet dream.

Most likely scenario is probably number 5 whilst there is still odd players of value to sell and keep it going. Saves them hassle, fall out, further bad press but in the meantime the club continues to be strangled to death slowly by them. The end game will be the same as if they just chuck it in and walk away or the bank grabs us, it'll just be much slower and more embarrassing for the fans.

I'd take number 1 though regardless now, just completely had enough of them it makes me i'll.

Lots of stuff written in lots of threads, so I have attempted to distill the salient points.

Here are the five possible futures for Blackburn Rovers:

1. Venkys walk away. Throw back the keys and write off the £100m.

2. Venkys find a buyer. Somebody buys the club and pays off Venkys £100m debt.

3. Venkys leave but attempt to recoup their losses. Sell saleable assets :- Players, Brockhall etc.

4. Venkys stay and attempt to get the club promoted to help clear their debt.

5. Venkys stay but maintain the status quo. Just do enough to keep the football club ticking-over.

I think I've covered them all. No doubt some joker will add :-

6. Venkys taken out by a hit man.

... But in reality that would default to (3.) as the Bank of India steps in to retrieve what it's owed.

So in a nut shell they are the possible futures for this football club. Which do you want and how can you achieve it?

Re number 6, The Rao's have children

That's the problem IF the bulk or all of that 100 mill is debt from somewhere else, they can't walk away.

No.2 will never happen so we can totally forget that wet dream.

Most likely scenario is probably number 5 whilst there is still odd players of value to sell and keep it going. Saves them hassle, fall out, further bad press but in the meantime the club continues to be strangled to death slowly by them. The end game will be the same as if they just chuck it in and walk away or the bank grabs us, it'll just be much slower and more embarrassing for the fans.

I'd take number 1 though regardless now, just completely had enough of them it makes me i'll.

I can understand why you would want 1) .... but how likely are they to in effect gift £100m? And if they did who would maintain the day to day costs of running the club ... not just the first team but the academy etc? The fans couldn't fund it.

One option which is not covered is if they sell a part /controlling share in the club. Other party concentrate on the football side of things whilst the v's keep their heads down. They still part own the club so the shame of their failure is watered down

If it works out the V's can then use it to show off to their hanger on's or whatever they want to do

Of course any potential joint owners will need to understand their strange ways , if they get fed up of them they could always buy the remaining part of the club.

Re number 6, The Rao's have children

True ... but all five (or six) scenarios would also be passed on.

One option which is not covered is if they sell a part /controlling share in the club. Other party concentrate on the football side of things whilst the v's keep their heads down. They still part own the club so the shame of their failure is watered down

If it works out the V's can then use it to show off to their hanger on's or whatever they want to do

Of course any potential joint owners will need to understand their strange ways , if they get fed up of them they could always buy the remaining part of the club.

Fine ... but how much control would they sell ... and for what proportion of the 100m debt. Who would want to buy in to such an arrangement?

To be honest no idea, but just putting it out there as a possible scenario were they save face and get some of the money back.

If they have any sense they would sell a controlling stake because it is blatantly obvious they do not have the knowledge or interest to make a success of it, and just take the plaudits if it happens

Also depending on who this imaginary investor is , there could also be a bit of prestige in it for the v's being in a venture with them. Could also be a boost for their Poultry business in certain markets

To be honest no idea, but just putting it out there as a possible scenario where they save face and get some of the money back

Ok. I started this thread to try and replace some of the emotion with cold facts. On Saturday ... as at Rotherham ... I expect lots of people to turn up at Ewood shouting "Venkys Out!" etc ... which is fine ... but as long as they understand the possible paths that lie ahead.

I was worried it was going to be 1) in the summer without them writing their part of the debt off, so if we're still here it's something to be slightly relieved about.

I'm assuming there's no Jack Walker's about therefore I've always wanted 4) but with every passing managerial failure that looks less and less likely. 5) is looking more and more likely with our fortunes ebbing slowly away.

We need to get very very lucky with a manager and that might rekindle the owners enthusiasm a bit.

I can understand why you would want 1) .... but how likely are they to in effect gift £100m? And if they did who would maintain the day to day costs of running the club ... not just the first team but the academy etc? The fans couldn't fund it.

Well it's cutting their losses and saving face by say handing it over to the fans trust or whatever. They'll never get that money back but they're cutting their hassle and some serious PR to be had from 'gifting' it.

Of course there'd still have to be huge cut backs undertaken and sales and maybe relegation but it would be being done the right way for the right reasons. The 2 mill a month losses should be a lot less now and they wouldn't be forever anyway after cuts and the right guidance in stabilising things although it would take a few years. These lot continue to put us in a position to keep creating huge losses. Two years of battening down the hatches would stem that. They are both the providers and the cause of the poverty where Rovers are concerned.

Also I think for certain we'd find someone to come in with funds to keep it going.

The main point is if we have to go down the road we are going of more downscaling and maybe even harder times we'd rather do it without them.

Venky's staying is the most likely scenario to my mind but it's unlikely to be status quo and more of the same we have seen over the past 6 years, in other words a continuing, grinding inexorable decline including relegation into the third division and possibly lower. I think they've written us off as a bad investment and as long as the club doesn't cost them too much money they will hang on in case there is a miraculous upturn in our fortunes.

For what it's worth I don't think that they will leave. I have believed this for the last five years and never been wrong yet ! For me it's got to be 4). I don't buy all this 'they're not interested' malarkey. I know for a fact that they have every home game beamed back to Pune.

I have snooker on BB2 beamed into my house but it doesn't mean I watch it...... :rover:

Why didn't you just say 'in Venkys you trust' then stick your noggin back in the sand.

.... so anyway cutting through the crap you are hoping for 1) ... good luck with that.

.... so anyway cutting through the crap you are hoping for 1) ... good luck with that.

...meanwhile I wish you luck with your next 5 years of hope. See you at Scarborough away in a few years then !

7) They deliberately run the Club into the ground, put us into administration/liquidation and walk away, taking all evidence with them.

I've attempted to cover that with 3).

...meanwhile I wish you luck with your next 5 years of hope. See you at Scarborough away in a few years then !

If we play them, indeed you will.

I think to be fair they're also the ones that have been shafted up been shafted up the back passage by a continuous succession of con artists and find themselves £105m in the hole and rising.

That's not an excuse in any way, if you take over a business it's up to you to do a good job of running it by whatever means.

I think to be fair they're also the ones that have been shafted up been shafted up the back passage by a continuous succession of con artists and find themselves £105m in the hole and rising.

That's not an excuse in any way, if you take over a business it's up to you to do a good job of running it by whatever means.

Do you really believe that Rev? It was all because they were innocently led astray by some wicked con artists. They're multi millionaire business people.

Sadly ES I expect 3 l happen; I say this as my views on the V's are always glass 1/2 empty which is sad as everything else in life tends to be glass 1/2 full.

I fully expect them to sell whatever they can then cut-and-run.

My preference is that they sell; unfortunately the Club is unsellable.

The club has been going since 1875 and is far more valuable than the debt they created.

The club and it's fans are hurting far more than they ever will.

They may have been taken for a ride but they had ample time to make amends but they wouldn't run the club properly and wouldn't take advice from the right people.

For what it's worth I don't think that they will leave. I have believed this for the last five years and never been wrong yet ! For me it's got to be 4). I don't buy all this 'they're not interested' malarkey. I know for a fact that they have every home game beamed back to Pune.

Do you watch it with them

I cannot believe after the last 5 and half years venkyites like you still believe in these charlatans

They knew exactly what they were doing rev that's an old chestnut they may have been out conned by bigger conmen than themselves

No one in any form of business goes about things the way they did and continue to do

Sick of all this BS

Do you really believe that Rev? It was all because they were innocently led astray by some wicked con artists. They're multi millionaire business people.

Even a child wouldn't believe that BS

Archived