BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

Indeed. There is a school of thought that because Rovers were short of money and in the 2nd/3rd divisions in the 70's and 80's that this is 'our place' or our 'destiny' as a club, and only the input of Jack Walker artificially and temporarily lifted us out of that status and that only huge investment will see us get back to where we were.

I think that is complete bunkum. I'm not interested in what the situation was like 30-40 years ago, because football generally, and Blackburn Rovers specifically, have changed so much so quickly that the playing field is completely different. Other than 11 men running around on Ewood in blue and white shirts there is no comparison to 1970 whatever. The input of Jack Walker changed things forever, or at least it should have done. The facilities he developed, along with the glory he brought and status to the town and club, lifted it into a higher bracket in the echelons of English football. Standards and expectations at this club should be higher because of 1990-2010.

We've ended up in this state because we've been systematically neglected and run into the ground from within. Not over one season or a couple of seasons like many clubs are, but for more than 5 years, without interruption, with only the tenure of Gary Bowyer temporarily changing the flow and bringing some normality to the club. In hindsight I think it becomes more clear by the day what a good job Bowyer did in almost impossible conditions, not just on the pitch and bringing great financial income to the club, but off the pitch in being able to cope with the dismal working conditions and being out on a limb for more than 2 years with little or no support from above.

Now Bowyer's calming influence has gone the edifice of the regime has collapsed once again and the power vacuum has returned.

Our decline has been nothing to do with our size as a club, or being 'above' our level previously, or some sort of natural process of ups and downs in football. We're in the same boat as Leeds and Portsmouth - decline caused purely because of bad owners, only the real travesty is that we haven't had the financial issues they had.

This is one of the most lucid and cogent summaries of our current position and how we arrived at it that anyone has posted in recent times. Fair play to you JHRover, you've hit the nail right on the head there.

Only question is, how on earth do we move forward and out of this unwelcome situation? I've have long enough holding my breath in the power vacuum, waiting for a new wind of change.

Venkys Out!

I hear from several sources today that allegedly JA is still running Rovers.

WELL SOMEBODY NEEDS TO TELL THE TW@T THAT HE IS DOING A SH!TE JOB. PERHAPS HAVE A WORD WITH YOUR SEVERAL SOURCES AND LET THEM KNOW IT IS TIME FOR JA TO MOVE ON....

Venkys OUT

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure?

The SEM agent on twitter says he is 90% retired and has no involvement in Rovers.

Journos says he has no involvement in Rovers and hasnt for many years

Chaddy if someone on Twitter told you that there was aliens doing the hokey kokey on your bed you would believe them and post it here

Chaddy if someone on Twitter told you that there was aliens doing the hokey kokey on your bed you would believe them and post it here

Just became someone has heard a certain person is running the club on a messageboard why should anyone believe it, in the same way why should anyone believe what certain journos fill column inches with - most of it is rubbish. Does anyone actually take seriously the rumours and conspiracy theories that appear on social media? If someone comes up with hard evidence that is a different matter - but rarely does that happen.

Ok .. I won't boycott. The venkys are amazingly good owners . I was sooooo wrong.

I don't think I said that. You have a go at Chaddy because he wants to share what he reads on social media - I don't know if he believes it or not - but yet have no problems believing what you read as long as it fits in with what you want to believe. My point was that social media is filled with conspiracy theories but no real evidence. Are Venkys poor owners - without question they are. The evidence for that is clearly in front of us in terms of our decline.

Yet again more rubbish posted. Nothing to do with the title of the thread

Just keep making it up dont you??

Agreed ParsonBlue Venkys are very poor owners and have shown over the past 5 years how not to run a football club

Have to laugh, MCMC posts that's he's "heard" the clubs still run by JA.

Chaddy posts that he's "heard" that they aren't and he's gullible.....

Ha ha ha Jb. Heard nowt today mind.....could be all tripe caused by prolonged exposure to sun in beer gardens!

• Moderation Lead

Right lads (Abbey/Chaddy/associated minders) as you keep squabbling on a number of threads, you're going to need to ignore each other or there will be warnings. This has gone on long enough. You both know where each other stand, so there's no need to keep arguing all the time.

Ha ha ha Jb. Heard nowt today mind.....could be all tripe caused by prolonged exposure to sun in beer gardens!

There are certainly some bad signs at current but my point was more about the way snippets are taken. If it's not JA or Zahvi (however you spell it) you can more or less guarantee some of the advice they get isn't for the best, it's for someone's pocket somewhere!

Certainly a conflict of interests agencies being involved in selling clubs and helping run them.

It's almost a baffling as a news firm having their own betting company...(Sky..)

• Moderation Lead

No mention of your pal @#/? stirring then?

What's he even said? He just made a point about Chaddy/MCMC (who saw the funny side incidentally) as far as I could see. That's not to say he hasn't been involved in the arguing recently, just not this morning.

Anyhow, he's an associated minder ;-)

Right lads (Abbey/Chaddy/associated minders) as you keep squabbling on a number of threads, you're going to need to ignore each other or there will be warnings. This has gone on long enough. You both know where each other stand, so there's no need to keep arguing all the time.

I agree with that but one annoying and extremely frustrating aspect of this is when other posters become involved and unnecessarily escalate things. This is two grown men debating/arguing and they should be left to it providing they don't transgress the posting protocol. I think third party intervention is almost as bad.

• Moderation Lead

I agree with that but one annoying and extremely frustrating aspect of this is when other posters become involved and unnecessarily escalate things. This is two grown men debating/arguing and they should be left to it providing they don't transgress the posting protocol. I think third party intervention is almost as bad.

I'd agree with that in all honesty. I just don't see the need to go over old ground all the time, everyone knows where they stand. Incidentally, I don't think Chaddy said he was boycotting, I think he said he was undecided, now that's been taken as him changing his mind and attacked for it.

Exactly but straight up insults aren't protocol. Aka calling someone a rash.

How is it that? 1 posters make posts based on things they've "heard" and the reaction is polar opposite. I didn't quote anyone, I didn't call you anything and I certainly didn't post it for any other reason than it seemed apt in discussion. If it was intent on winding you up wouldn't I have just replied to you with "mr opposite strikes again" when you disagreed with Chad?

The very definition of @#/? stirring is saying "mate" as if that makes any difference to him having to spend his Sunday morning cleaning a public forum for insults or the; (glad he's not my teacher)

I'd agree with that in all honesty. I just don't see the need to go over old ground all the time, everyone knows where they stand. Incidentally, I don't think Chaddy said he was boycotting, I think he said he was undecided, now that's been taken as him changing his mind and attacked for it.

It'd be brilliant if the technology allowed Chaddy and Abbey to only reply to each other in their own thread.

Eventually, they may realise the error of their ways and become friends (Disney movie style)

In all honesty I'm not sure even a 100% boycott would make any difference to Venkys - it seems even now its not about the money, its a question of "face", if my experience tells me anything such action would only harden their resolve. On the flip-side, if they were disposed,or driven, to sell who would buy, Seneca?,somehow I think that they would prefer the cushion of supposedly wealthy partners to take most of the financial strain. What worries me is the possibility of a Sinawatra picking us up for a song, it would be a case of out of the frying pan... I guess we have to be careful what we wish for.

In all honesty I'm not sure even a 100% boycott would make any difference to Venkys - it seems even now its not about the money, its a question of "face", if my experience tells me anything such action would only harden their resolve. On the flip-side, if they were disposed,or driven, to sell who would buy, Seneca?,somehow I think that they would prefer the cushion of supposedly wealthy partners to take most of the financial strain. What worries me is the possibility of a Sinawatra picking us up for a song, it would be a case of out of the frying pan... I guess we have to be careful what we wish for.

It really really would. That is not the issue though, it's that there will never be a 100% boycott. Not even for 10 minutes.

That said, hypothetically, I wonder what would happen if all of the boycotters, instead of doing something else with their time, trapped up early at Ewood before the next home game and linked arms around the BBE and JW sides of the ground and explained that nobody was going in until 15 minutes in. And not just boycotters, ticket holders as well. (Although I expect the FF would work with the club to snuff this out rather than helping to make arrangements with the club to accommodate a safe protest.

How many fans would accept this and wait? How many would shout them down? Even raise their fists? And that's before the police got involved.

Would we have a majority joining in, or the majority breaking the picket line?

Now, what it the same protest took place but with no linked arms. #venkysout t-shirts, silence and space to walk through the protesters if they wanted. Same deal 15 minutes and everybody in.

It would expose the lie that people hide behind: that there is nothing that anyone could do, and show that people actually don't want there to be anything they could do, and just want an easy life.

I imagine, such is the attitude of some of our fanbase there would be insults, sneers, laughter and maybe a bit of extras thrown in from some quarters.

Oh, to have fans like Charlton...

There are certainly some bad signs at current but my point was more about the way snippets are taken. If it's not JA or Zahvi (however you spell it) you can more or less guarantee some of the advice they get isn't for the best, it's for someone's pocket somewhere!

Certainly a conflict of interests agencies being involved in selling clubs and helping run them.

It's almost a baffling as a news firm having their own betting company...(Sky..)

The thing was, I heard the same thing from 3 independent people in Leicester, Edinburgh and E Lancs yesterday. Very coincidental if not true!

What's he even said? He just made a point about Chaddy/MCMC (who saw the funny side incidentally) as far as I could see. That's not to say he hasn't been involved in the arguing recently, just not this morning.

Anyhow, he's an associated minder ;-)

Eh??? :blink:

• Moderation Lead

The thing was, I heard the same thing from 3 independent people in Leicester, Edinburgh and E Lancs yesterday. Very coincidental if not true!

Eh??? :blink:

Your post where he compared yours to Chaddy, that you replied to with a 'haha'.

Ok .. I won't boycott. The venkys are amazingly good owners . I was sooooo wrong.

I do hope the above is deleted . My posts have .or is it don't talk back to the teacher (glad he ain't mine)

I'm only an occasional reader on here now, but over the years you have become more and more pathetic and seemingly even more stupid. Most people tend to acquire wisdom and enhanced knowledge as they age.

You really should be embarrassed. Most of your posts around here now seem to be harassing those who have stated they won't boycott games next season. Grow up.

Archived