BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If Venkys Leave, Party?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owts better than the current situation tomphil, admin, no players, no cash and league 2 I'd take now.

I wouldn't like the club to end up without the training ground and academy though and anything is possible with this lot.

Won't happen, just scaremongering.

Could they sell Brockhall though? I know there is a covenant on it, but doesn't this mean it can only be used for specified purposes like sports training? Can't be sold for housing for example.

Does that prevent Leeds or (gulp) Burnley buying the complex?

Venkys would be all over that big piece of debt recoupment if so.

Anybody reassure me?

P.S. Sorry to be a party pooper!

Could they sell Brockhall though? I know there is a covenant on it, but doesn't this mean it can only be used for specified purposes like sports training? Can't be sold for housing for example.

Does that prevent Leeds or (gulp) Burnley buying the complex?

Venkys would be all over that big piece of debt recoupment if so.

Anybody reassure me?

P.S. Sorry to be a party pooper!

I suppose they or the club itself could borrow against it if the situation became desperate. You look at Bolton and read Big Sams book and see the lengths they went to in getting their own facilities and now it's gone again. I think Burney ended up selling their ground etc years ago then leasing it back although I think in recent years they've bought it back through becoming a yo yo club !

What happens then is when the club gets back on some sort of even footing they spend years re-investing any money from sales etc to buy back and rebuild the infrastructure instead of investing in the team so we end up in the same situation as now or worse.

If we come out of the other side of Venkys without any of this happening we'll have done bloody well imo.

We must have someone on here who understands the complexities of big company corporate account stuff. Is there any advantages in a foreign company carrying a huge loss making English enterprise ?

Can money be hidden or moved about to any tax purpose or something or can the companies lend each other money and keep it moving back and forth for some reason ?

Can't see them selling us for a long time yet, if at all.

I think the hand will be forced tbh especially if they get a cash offer for the club rather then shared ownership. People say they don't want to sell but has anyone actually approached them and offered hard cash

I suppose they or the club itself could borrow against it if the situation became desperate. You look at Bolton and read Big Sams book and see the lengths they went to in getting their own facilities and now it's gone again. I think Burney ended up selling their ground etc years ago then leasing it back although I think in recent years they've bought it back through becoming a yo yo club !

What happens then is when the club gets back on some sort of even footing they spend years re-investing any money from sales etc to buy back and rebuild the infrastructure instead of investing in the team so we end up in the same situation as now or worse.

If we come out of the other side of Venkys without any of this happening we'll have done bloody well imo.

Back to Pleasy then!

I think the hand will be forced tbh especially if they get a cash offer for the club rather then shared ownership. People say they don't want to sell but has anyone actually approached them and offered hard cash

Unlikely!!

and still after 6 years of failure, we ask the question why :(

Lots of people (and i use that word meaning something else) have got rich/richer in the last 5 years so it depends on how you view failure

Lots of people (and i use that word meaning something else) have got rich/richer in the last 5 years so it depends on how you view failure

We can only view Venkys in one scenario here. They havent got rich through Rovers, thats for sure. They have failed as owners of BRFC, in that they have not a

shown any signs of achieveing anything over the last 6 years.

If im honest, i could sit as a director or communications guy, and turn things around. Its such a mess, that at a guess, most people could, because you cant do any worse.

We can only view Venkys in one scenario here. They havent got rich through Rovers, thats for sure. They have failed as owners of BRFC, in that they have not a

shown any signs of achieveing anything over the last 6 years.

If im honest, i could sit as a director or communications guy, and turn things around. Its such a mess, that at a guess, most people could, because you cant do any worse.

You mean as fans.

Do a quick calculation of the revenue that has been generated during the Venky reign and compare it to the shareholding in their name.

Then look at the agent payments/transfers and tell me where the difference has gone.

You mean as fans.

Do a quick calculation of the revenue that has been generated during the Venky reign and compare it to the shareholding in their name.

Then look at the agent payments/transfers and tell me where the difference has gone.

I completely understand, that over the last 6 years of madness, that money has been wasted or the money has vanished into thin air.

If you take everything into account, and we have spent circa what more than £50mill on salaries, agents fees, dodgy deals, paying off people etc, then its terrible scenario when you look back at.

While the revenue streams into the club have dried up, you have to look at it, and come to the conclusion, that we have hit rock bottom. Its all ifs and buts, but had Venkys kept Sam, John Williams and the board as is, and given them £50mill to spend, we could have taken a completely different route to where we are right now.

Fact of the matter is, that despite the mismanagement of funds, a proper Commercial Director and a CEO could have saved Venkys a bit. The lack of people making decisions right now is shocking. Even with the people walking away, we could have been a bit more imaginative in how to get those people back.

The hurt is there for many, but do something to gain the trust and respect of at least a few. Venkys have still not made an appearance, and that in a nutshell says it all really. A club who hasnt seen its onwers in what well over 3/4 years?

Financials are important, but earning the respect of the people who generate you funds are more important at the end of the day.

As i said, i could turn the club around with or without Venkys, but one will never know. And yes, im that confident.

I completely understand, that over the last 6 years of madness, that money has been wasted or the money has vanished into thin air.

If you take everything into account, and we have spent circa what more than £50mill on salaries, agents fees, dodgy deals, paying off people etc, then its terrible scenario when you look back at.

While the revenue streams into the club have dried up, you have to look at it, and come to the conclusion, that we have hit rock bottom. Its all ifs and buts, but had Venkys kept Sam, John Williams and the board as is, and given them £50mill to spend, we could have taken a completely different route to where we are right now.

Fact of the matter is, that despite the mismanagement of funds, a proper Commercial Director and a CEO could have saved Venkys a bit. The lack of people making decisions right now is shocking. Even with the people walking away, we could have been a bit more imaginative in how to get those people back.

The hurt is there for many, but do something to gain the trust and respect of at least a few. Venkys have still not made an appearance, and that in a nutshell says it all really. A club who hasnt seen its onwers in what well over 3/4 years?

Financials are important, but earning the respect of the people who generate you funds are more important at the end of the day.

As i said, i could turn the club around with or without Venkys, but one will never know. And yes, im that confident.

Just trying to point out that there is a big difference in the money that has come in to what has been spent, it's in the region of what the Venky's have turned into shares plus Agents fees !

Just trying to point out that there is a big difference in the money that has come in to what has been spent, it's in the region of what the Venky's have turned into shares plus Agents fees !

Well yes, but ultimately, the club has been decimated to a point where only a turn around in the operational side of things, could potentially work out best. You can structure any cash into shares, or something else, but the flow out needs to match the flow in, or the flow out needs to stabilise if there is serious debt.

In our case, through Venkys own faults, have caused this lack of cash flow out on players, because they now trying to stabilise a business that is in trouble. In a normal world, that strategy is okay and perfectly fine. However, in our case, we cannot splash, nor can we not afford to spend. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and only way out is if Venkys accepted a loss, and sold the club with its debt to somebody who will clear the debt. Then even if the new owners had no money left, 0 debt would mean a clean start, and the chance to find commercial partners/investors to generate additional funding.

I know its a vicious cycle, but only way out, is Venkys selling, and buyer is willing to take on the debt.

Well yes, but ultimately, the club has been decimated to a point where only a turn around in the operational side of things, could potentially work out best. You can structure any cash into shares, or something else, but the flow out needs to match the flow in, or the flow out needs to stabilise if there is serious debt.

In our case, through Venkys own faults, have caused this lack of cash flow out on players, because they now trying to stabilise a business that is in trouble. In a normal world, that strategy is okay and perfectly fine. However, in our case, we cannot splash, nor can we not afford to spend. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and only way out is if Venkys accepted a loss, and sold the club with its debt to somebody who will clear the debt. Then even if the new owners had no money left, 0 debt would mean a clean start, and the chance to find commercial partners/investors to generate additional funding.

I know its a vicious cycle, but only way out, is Venkys selling, and buyer is willing to take on the debt.

I am not sure they are trying to stabilise the club, more like scale down and still take money out when the opportunity arises.

I would even describe what you said as Venky's fault as deliberate planned actions on their and the agents part.

I am not sure they are trying to stabilise the club, more like scale down and still take money out when the opportunity arises.

I would even describe what you said as Venky's fault as deliberate planned actions on their and the agents part.

Perhaps. But soon there will be no more, unless Brockhall is sold. And if the training grounds are sold, then get ready for all out war.

Archived