BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Samuelson

klos

when he played he hasn't done enough at all

I think its unfair on Samuelsen to start saying he 'hasn't done enough at all'.

What's he had? 2 starts for a woeful side in 20 games? Hardly sufficient game time to label a kid a failure.

I accept of course that Coyle will spend all week with him and will see a lot more of him and is better placed to judge him than we are, but if he's been deemed so far off the standard required that he's being offloaded back to his parent club in the midst of a dogfight then the question must surely be asked why he was signed in the first place.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with sending Byrne and Hendrie. Both I think aren't good enough for us in our situation

I want to see more of our under 23/academy players coming through now

for me, Samuelsen isn't strong enough in this league and like I said he doesn't fit our formation we are playing.

when he played he hasn't done enough at all

well with Samuelsen going back it will give Connor Mahoney more of a chance. Plus we have seen Wharton and Nyambe this season, and hopefully as the season goes on we will see Tomlinson, Hardcastle and Doyle given their chance aswell

why should we?

Because we are being conned especially by one agent in particular Nyambes. The standards are going lower in case you haven't noticed.

one win and chaddy has a happy fest ...he backs up pb that there's now no conspiracy and his season ticket is worth it. You couldn't make it up. Chaddy and pb dont post these days unless we win.

To be honest Abbey I don't post much on here because there are so few people posting on here these days that discussions tend to revolve around the owners and the protests. I therefore tend to stick to the match thread in the main.

To be honest Abbey I don't post much on here because there are so few people posting on here these days that discussions tend to revolve around the owners and the protests. I therefore tend to stick to the match thread in the main.

I dont come on much these days on here compare to 12 months ago.

I dont want arguments. Just a peaceful sensible discussions. Nothing more.

P.S. nobody mention happy fest Abbey just enjoyed the win and the players performance

Because we are being conned especially by one agent in particular Nyambes. The standards are going lower in case you haven't noticed.

Are you a season ticket holder?

Who Nyambe's agent? And how do you know?

Couldn't agree more. Not the first loan signing over the years who hasn't made a mark at Ewood. The likes of Billy Askew, Martin Foyle and Nigel Gray all had spells at Ewood, when we had little or no money, without breaking into the team and they all had excellent careers in League football. Like any transfer - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. On the evidence of what they have shown so far I wouldn't be too disappointed to see the likes of Hendrie and Byrne return to their clubs and enable the likes of Doyle and Tomlinson to step up into their places in the senior squad.

Why do you keep comparing rovers current demise with what happened in the 70s, 80s, does it make you feel better that rovers current shiteness isn't as bad as the rovers from era's gone by? Give me the old days any day compared to this shower of s#£%&te

Why do you keep comparing rovers current demise with what happened in the 70s, 80s, does it make you feel better that rovers current shiteness isn't as bad as the rovers from era's gone by? Give me the old days any day compared to this shower of s#£%&te

But it is oh so much worse than the 70's. We never had six years of systematic dismantling and dumbing down back then. We had some good managers too...Oh and a board of directors, who wanted the best for the club. Remember that !The supporters had belief.

We had our heroes too... Roger Jones, Stuart Metcalfe, Tony Field,Johnny Price, Kit Napier, Barry Endean, John McNamee -to name but a few.

Comparing this utter, shambolic shell of a club to the 70's is disingenuous.

This is NOTHING like the 70's

Rant over!!!

Love, Leonard

I dont come on much these days on here compare to 12 months ago.

I dont want arguments. Just a peaceful sensible discussions. Nothing more.

P.S. nobody mention happy fest Abbey just enjoyed the win and the players performance

Are you a season ticket holder?

Who Nyambe's agent? And how do you know?

hahahaha

But it is oh so much worse than the 70's. We never had six years of systematic dismantling and dumbing down back then. We had some good managers too...Oh and a board of directors, who wanted the best for the club. Remember that !The supporters had belief.

We had our heroes too... Roger Jones, Stuart Metcalfe, Tony Field,Johnny Price, Kit Napier, Barry Endean, John McNamee -to name but a few.

Comparing this utter, shambolic shell of a club to the 70's is disingenuous.

This is NOTHING like the 70's

Rant over!!!

Love, Leonard

This is what I don't get with Parson. Money and the possibility of taking it from the club was never there in the 70s. Most clubs were in the same boat scrabbling around for the coppers to pay the bills, hooliganism casting it's shadow over the game. Very little tv coverage. Not really a marketable product. Now we have a product awash with cash and we were dining at the top table. For very small amounts of cash in real terms we could have stayed there and been enjoying record levels of income. But the owners and all their associates have chosen a mean, nasty petty way of making cash, at the expense of our history, our traditions, our club. Like the 70s? No its not

• Backroom

This is what I don't get with Parson. Money and the possibility of taking it from the club was never there in the 70s. Most clubs were in the same boat scrabbling around for the coppers to pay the bills, hooliganism casting it's shadow over the game. Very little tv coverage. Not really a marketable product. Now we have a product awash with cash and we were dining at the top table. For very small amounts of cash in real terms we could have stayed there and been enjoying record levels of income. But the owners and all their associates have chosen a mean, nasty petty way of making cash, at the expense of our history, our traditions, our club. Like the 70s? No its not

Well said Gumboots

I was merely pointing out that we have had plenty of loan players in the past who have not made it into the first team - nothing more and nothing less. If that makes you unhappy I'm sorry - but history is history. Football today is nothing like football in the 60s or 70s but that wasn't what I was saying and is a whole different discussion. I was merely giving a few examples of players who came to Ewood on loan in the past but didn't break into the first team.

I was merely pointing out that we have had plenty of loan players in the past who have not made it into the first team - nothing more and nothing less. If that makes you unhappy I'm sorry - but history is history. Football today is nothing like football in the 60s or 70s but that wasn't what I was saying and is a whole different discussion. I was merely giving a few examples of players who came to Ewood on loan in the past but didn't break into the first team.

Anthony Modeste..

I had to have a little chuckle when he left.

Whether or not he is good enough is for the powers that be to decide, he's not had much of an opportunity, but didn't really shine in the game he started.

That said, there is a guy near me in the Riverside who has an away shirt with 11 Samuelsen printed on the back!

I often thought it was a brave move, I guess it might be on eBay soon!

You may have been pointing that out this time round, but your overall posts suggest that you somehow think that our whole situation is comparable to the past. It's not. I'm not a conspiracy theorist . I just think our owners are ignorant, in all senses of the word, rude, disrespectful money grubbers. I don't think I've ever seen any owners whose whole reason for owning a football club was to take money out of it and deliberately let it tumble down the leagues. If that's not what this lot are doing then I stand corrected but it looks very like it to me

Football today is nothing like football in the 60s or 70s

If you really believed that, you'd know there's a bigger incentive for moving players around than there was in the 70s.

After everything that's happened here, you can't blame fans for raising an eyebrow.

I had to have a little chuckle when he left.

Whether or not he is good enough is for the powers that be to decide, he's not had much of an opportunity, but didn't really shine in the game he started.

That said, there is a guy near me in the Riverside who has an away shirt with 11 Samuelsen printed on the back!

I often thought it was a brave move, I guess it might be on eBay soon!

I sit near-ish to him too. Very vociferous against the 18/75 protest he was.

But he's always looked passionate so can't knock him for that.

Leave you with it.

I'm not really interested to be honest unless you are going to come out and state what all this is about and back up what you are saying

Somebody paying you chaddy or are you in with this shower ?

Archived