BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Articles Related To Venky's And Rovers

DE.

Not linked directly to Rovers but Nick Harris flagging up how much agents are fleecing from the game and also in a tweet how similar the power of the agent at Wolves is to Anderson was/is here.

Also an interesting article in one of the red tops this morn, think it was Mirror, highlighting how the latest money making thing for leaches is the loaning of players to desperate clubs with certain guarantees written in meaning managers have to play them even if they don't want to and the deals being front loaded with payments.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Warnock would not have put up for long with the runts in Pune or Ewood.

He would never have pretended to go to Pune to meet TwoHats.

He would have kept us out of the 3rd Division.

Just now, 47er said:

Good find. What a bloody shower. No hope while those clowns remain.

I just don't get the whole. "Right, that's agreed then. I'm on holiday for two weeks but I'll sort your contract when I get back."

A pre-agreement could have been written there and then.

At any other business what happened next would have made Cheston's position untenable. The fact that he has continued is a de facto agreement to the decision.

I have read the Chris Dunlavy article a couple of times. It seems to me like this is half a story, either he doesn't want the flak of going the whole hog, or he is afraid of the consequences. The big cop out is at the beginning of the fifth sentence, when he states "What happened next nobody really know". He then begins the following sentence with it, is alleged.

Of course when Coyle conducted his first interview, he denied having an agent and knowing of SEM and those people involved with them. If Dunlavy wanted to do a proper job, why did he not home in on this and then perhaps, he could have removed the alleged but, with some comments that are factual? As we all know Coyle went on to sign various players, including Stokes, who will have cost more than they saved, by hiring Coyle instead on Warnock. Dunlavy does say in his article that Venky's fell into the exact same trap twice, with the exact same results. So what was really going on there?

Cheston remains at the club, despite having, all but  appointed a  manager and then is forced to announce Coyle, and call him the stand out candidate. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

There is little in the article that has not already been strongly hinted at by some wise sages on this MB.

Usually then called conspiracy theorists by others. :wacko:

Pasha and Ballsup go behind Cheston's back and do a deal with Coyle? Cheston is a weakling and toes the Venky line? Nothing new there, fowl business as normal at Venky Park.

I am more interested this week to see if the long hours Cheston and Pasha must be putting in result in the late player sales they most certainly crave for the Pune TwoHats.

imo

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There is little in the article that has not already been strongly hinted at by some wise sages on this MB.

Pasha and Ballsup go behind Cheston's back and do a deal with Coyle? Cheston is a weakling and toes the Venky line? Nothing new there, fowl business as normal at Venky Park.

I am more interested this week to see if the long hours Cheston and Pasha must be putting in result in the late player sales they most certainly crave for the Pune TwoHats.

imo

Yeah you are pretty well right there. Balaji approached by an agent, who offers to bring another manager in, who may well be linked to the one they started off with. Knowing how that had worked out and how much that has costs the club, he agrees to it. Wow how daft would you have to be to fall for that  that for a second time? I wonder why the author of this story uses allegedly, when explaining what happened next?

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

imo

Conspiracy theories tend to be the ones highlighted in your post, not obvious agent "advice" which has been rife since day one with this lot. 

Its been the most damaging aspect because it's a result of a lack of football knowledge/understanding combined with being "well off". Strip the experts out, employ a vacuous structure and watch decisions get made that have obvious conflicts of interest.

A lot of these pieces are now for interest rather than any kind of investigative journalism. "Did you know Blackburn could have brought in Warnock?". That ship sailed long ago - probably with lots of letters threatening reminding editors [of libel laws] if they publish.

It's just a shame that nobody could find a smoking gun or tie up a money trail. Or if they did and the authorities didn't act then that really should have been a Panorama investigation. I guess everyone played by the football rules and paid their taxes. If so then it's the PL and FA who are to blame. In which case there should have been a wider exposé. But with the money involved I guess there is a lot of power with a few individuals and therefore an element of risk to careers.

But bringing it down a level, why would Venkys allow the Kean mistake to be repeated with Coyle. Did they have to sign off on the alleged £1m bonus and Meanwhile someone told them Coyle could do it for basic plus £250k bonus? Well, at least the save that money then. :wacko:

It's stuff like this that remind you how doomed we are while this lot remain. Promotion this season would be a welcome blip before we struggled again the following season. Better than the alternative though I guess.

Archived