BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Simple Gesture Says A Thousand Words - #redcardtovenkys Brentford This Saturday

EwoodDawn

Evening folks,

I hope you don’t mind me starting a new topic on this but the profile does need raising. So, just to recap, the group of fans who have been meeting at the Ewood WMC agreed that we’d like to mark the 6th anniversary of Venky’s takeover in some way. Given that we didn’t have a great deal of time to organise anything big, the idea is to encourage fellow fans to join us in a simple gesture of our feelings by holding up a physical red card or, more easily, a red card app on a mobile phone on the 18th and 75th minutes of the game. And as the topic title states: a simple gesture says a thousand words.

No-one in their right minds thinks that this will have a huge effect on our owners but it’s just a little nod to certain individuals that there are Rovers fans who are going to keep striving to save the club right until the last. At the moment Ewood Blues, Great Harwood Blues, those present at the meetings and a smattering of others are on board, which is nice enough. But wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could get many more involved and try to forge a bit of that feeling of togetherness against the common cause that the ‘Walk with Birdy’ action engendered?

And for that we need the help of fellow fans. As far as I’m aware, no-one at the EWMC meeting has marketing or media training but we do need the word spreading for this to get traction. After an initial promise of interest from the press, nothing much seems to be happening and it seems that as fans we’re going to have to go about publicising this ourselves.

Only a certain section of Rovers fans will read this post, so we’d be tremendously grateful if you could pass this on to any fan you know who ‘doesn’t do’ social media. And to those who do use twitter and facebook, it’d be just marvellous if you could tweet and add this news to your status.

Obviously this isn’t to do with the team or the manager. It’s about us wanting better for our club as a whole. We really hope we can come together again on Saturday for those two minutes, to let our feelings known via the basic action of holding up the red card.

Thanks very much.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder, though, as Paul pointed out below, not everyone knows how to get the red card apps, or indeed to download any app - my daughter had to show me first time round - so please pass that kind of info on, too.

(Paul's post from another thread: )

I finally discovered what "the red card app" is yesterday. I've been expecting to discover something produced by one of the supporters groups. Apparently not.

So for the hard of learning, which definitely includes me, go to the App Store or Google Play as appropriate. Search for "referee red card" and download.

Probably teaching you all how to suck eggs but someone did have to explain this to me!!!! 😂

And as Funny-old-game pointed out, you can get a customised Venkysout one if you prefer from here.

https://venkysoutblo...ard-for-venkys/

That is great, Dawn. I think a lot more people read this site than actually post...

The red card thing is a visible, tangible protest gesture and fits the minimal cost /maximum impact ideal...

Len...evidence of that - right now 510 users online, 500 guests & 10 members.

:brfc:

I have been made aware that this is now being publicised on Rock FM so hopefully the word will speak a bit more. For those who can't down load a red card on to their mobiles for whatever reason, a home made one will do the job. Barring that a red felt tip and a white piece of paper and you are up and running. I believe a couple of members of the group Dawn is referring too. may be handing some out too. I would be really good if the whole crowd did it and even though this is low key, it will attract attention.

For those who can't down load a red card on to their mobiles for whatever reason, a home made one will do the job. Barring that a red felt tip and a white piece of paper and you are up and running.

Barring that a Stanley knife incision across the palm of the hand just below the fingers will also work. Just hold up your hand and let your arteries do the hard work for you. Holding up a can of coke (not diet) would also be affective.

I've down loaded the app by the way (a 30 second job) no way am I doing anything so stupid as buying a can of full fat coke.

Have WAR been involved in the organising of this?

To be honest, I am thinking WAR is just a collective name for all groups, so if any group organises anything , it is WAR?

I think many of us made the mistake of sitting back, assuming WAR would take the initiative for protest etc. In other words I am not sure what WAR is or if it is anything at all.

A million candles burning for the help that never came...

This is from the LT comment section today.

Richard Oakley  RoversSwiss7:45am Thu 17 Nov 16

I wish the legally recognised supporters organisation, the Rovers Trust, would sue the FA for bringing football into disrepute for having no regard for the future of football buy allowing such toxic owners to buy clubs in the first place and then allowing said toxic ownership to continue.

--------------------------------

There must be Rovers fans that are solicitors, who would be able to do this at very little cost and it would get lots of media attention.

'Fed up of a struggling team and mounting debt'

Says the Scousegraph totally omitting again the real anger towards the way the club is run and lack of any communication, selling of every good player and replacing with lesser and complete lack of any direction.

Alongside the propaganda they are currently spewing every night with Feeney making the back page his own it's no wonder questions are asked of this rag or more to the point it's 'reporters'.

"Alex James @alexjameshack 12m12 minutes ago

Asked #Rovers boss about planned 'red card' protest. His views will be in tomorrow's @lancstelegraph as will latest on Ben Marshall contract"

Well that should make for fascinating reading. I might buy two LT's.

On the red card protest "Good on them I say. Six years they're had of this rubbish, no wonder they're had enough. It's not as though it'll effect the team will it? "Oh no, a red card in the stands, for two minutes out of 90. Take me off Owen! Shield my eyes! Help me! Help me!" ha ha ha. All the fans will be in the ground supporting the team that they've paid their hard earned cash on. End of. I can hardly complain though can I? I mean, it's been absolute garbage again this season hasn't it?"

As for Marshall "He'll be off, in January. Would you stop here working for me and this? We'll take £500k and get in yet another no hoper like Giles Barnes on an 8 year contract instead."

"Alex James ‏@alexjameshack 12m12 minutes ago

Asked #Rovers boss about planned 'red card' protest. His views will be in tomorrow's @lancstelegraph as will latest on Ben Marshall contract"

Well that should make for fascinating reading. I might buy two LT's.

On the red card protest "Good on them I say. Six years they're had of this rubbish, no wonder they're had enough. It's not as though it'll effect the team will it? "Oh no, a red card in the stands, for two minutes out of 90. Take me off Owen! Shield my eyes! Help me! Help me!" ha ha ha. All the fans will be in the ground supporting the team that they've paid their hard earned cash on. End of. I can hardly complain though can I? I mean, it's been absolute garbage again this season hasn't it?"

As for Marshall "He'll be off, in January. Would you stop here working for me and this? We'll take £500k and get in yet another no hoper like Giles Barnes on an 8 year contract instead."

Well I have no interest in a single thing Owen Coyle says.

The radio and TV goes straight off, whenever he comes on. He is an irrelevant side-show..

Happy 6th anniversary!

Archived