BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 100, 000, 000 Holes

But we need to be able to get some momentum behind a credible alternative to Venkys - excluding any stupid notions of anyone giving Venkys their money back.

Why would anyone show their hand? The rumour allegedly was that Venkys approached the Ians in the summer. The rumour was 61m for 51%. They didn't even bother replying - again allegedly. From the bloke in the pub this who'd been through the top shelf. Twice. And was on acid.

Getting their money back? Honestly, it's just preposterous. It's not worth a quid. I'll say it again, the only way they'd ever get their money back is by promotion to the top flight. That'll need investment then.

If anyone can explain why they're still here then I'm all ears. Pride? Really? There's nothing to be proud of here. It's embarrassing bad. Skeletons in the closet? Not hard to by pass that - we're European Champions of the NDA after all. The only conceivable reason being that offered by Pune Rover some weeks ago on here when he alluded that it's not their club to sell. If I've got that wrong PR and misinterpreted you then please shout up, I'll apologise and delete this.

Where did he allude to it not being their club to sell? If it isn't theirs then who's is it?

You'll have to search on his name, I can't even remember the thread unfortunately. There were a number of posts and that was the conclusion I came to. He certainly didn't state it, don't get me wrong, there was a fair amount of reading between the lines going on on my part.

As for your second question. "Advisors" would be the bookies favourite at a guess.

So let's start the day with a wild conspiracy theory, based on some posts several weeks ago, that I may have misinterpreted, in a thread I can't remember. Well done bob!

Why would anyone show their hand? The rumour allegedly was that Venkys approached the Ians in the summer. The rumour was 61m for 51%. They didn't even bother replying - again allegedly. From the bloke in the pub this who'd been through the top shelf. Twice. And was on acid.

Getting their money back? Honestly, it's just preposterous. It's not worth a quid. I'll say it again, the only way they'd ever get their money back is by promotion to the top flight. That'll need investment then.

If anyone can explain why they're still here then I'm all ears. Pride? Really? There's nothing to be proud of here. It's embarrassing bad. Skeletons in the closet? Not hard to by pass that - we're European Champions of the NDA after all. The only conceivable reason being that offered by Pune Rover some weeks ago on here when he alluded that it's not their club to sell. If I've got that wrong PR and misinterpreted you then please shout up, I'll apologise and delete this.

Exactly.Great post.

Getting their money back ? 23 million (them & the partners) they've had it back.

The rest ? well there's a 100 million and rising black hole but is it real, is it a debt or just a paper debt ?

Who knows but in my book no way are these lot pouring their own money down a huge hole!

Cheston's proved himself a complete muppet. Muppet the puppet.

Venkys = Conjobs & always have been.

Wonder when that happened? In 2000 he was a big Everton fan from a young age

https://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/1748058/profile-the-boy

But Accountancy Age recently met up with a financial controller who is so in love with his job that he would willingly turn down other prospective employers even if they were to more than double his salary. Enter Mike Cheston, 39 years old and fiercely loyal, not to mention a lifelong supporter of football’s Premier League Mersey giants Everton Football Club.

‘You cannot put a value on the pleasure I get from this job. It is the best job I’ll ever have. I wouldn’t work for Liverpool or Manchester United even if they approached me and offered to double my salary.

‘The thought of watching this club from a distance is unbearable,’ he says.

‘I never played football when I was younger. I was hopeless at it. But I fell in love with the club at a young age and have retained that ever since.’

So we have Owen Coyle who has never heard of SEM and Cheston who is a mad Rovers fan, who used to support Everton, but has now changed his mind. Perhaps Graham Jones needs to remind him of that article back in 2000 as we seems to be getting even more holes appearing, then the booklet has suggested.

The only reason to show their hand is precisely because Venkys won't listen to a direct approach. The majority of fans are unwilling to back any protests because they see no alternative to Venkys.

This means that they see the protests as only destructive and hence blame the protests/protesters for our current ills - which is just as preposterous as Venkys getting their money back.

If there was a credible alternative the protests could be pro-new-owners rather than just anti-bad-ones.

A real groundswell against Venkys and the current board who do their bidding is really our only hope at this stage. Well, that, and shutting our eyes, crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

By the way, that's the first I've heard of a rumour about Venkys approaching the Ians. So I'm not sure where that's come from.

It'll be those Western Union chaps in Bradford then, allegedly.

''Mike said in his view the Indian owners were intent on carrying on their ownership.''

The dreaded news that nobody wanted to hear...the ultimate kick in the private parts for all Rovers fans everywhere.

Sickening. :(

Needs all out boycott but the likes of parson and Chaddy would rather us just go bust under the scum and not fight .

Archived