BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 100, 000, 000 Holes

Is it not a reference to the debt Rovers owe?

That would make perfect sense actually. Wasn't aware there was a special edition released about the Venky's reign of terror.

A sobering read I imagine!

Well done to whomever quietly produced the mini brochure. More and more Rovers fans need to read this. Perhaps it should be shared on social media more widely?

It appears that one copy found its way to Graham Jones MP who subsequently had a meeting with Cheston on Friday.

Hopefully he won't mind me re-posting on here this post that he made on social media...

Meeting with Blackburn Rovers today.

Todays meeting with Mike Cheston (a Rovers fan himself), the sole UK based Director of Blackburn Rovers. It was very cordial. Mike and the staff are doing their best at Ewood and are hoping the recent improvements and '"hopefully" some transfer signings in January will add to the squad and improve things. "Mistakes" had been made but in the last 18 months things had improved behind the scenes considerably at Ewood. Mike said in his view the Indian owners were intent on carrying on their ownership.

I cannot see a way forward until there is a meeting directly with owners and I made that view absolutely clear. I also said the mistakes are the responsibility of the club and it's owners and no-one else. Far too many mistakes had been made and the owners had to recognise that and relinquish decision making. There is a huge lack of transparency, a poor structure at Board level, poor advice and poor decision making which had all cost the club over the last 6 years.

The protests were discussed. I defended fans who pay good wages and have been let down.

My request to meet the owners will be put to them though I remain unsure as to whether they will meet anyone. I expressed the view that this was a huge mistake.

Todays meeting with Mike Cheston (a Rovers fan himself), the sole UK based Director of Blackburn Rovers. It was very cordial. Mike and the staff are doing their best at Ewood and are hoping the recent improvements and '"hopefully" some transfer signings in January will add to the squad and improve things. "Mistakes" had been made but in the last 18 months things had improved behind the scenes considerably at Ewood. Mike said in his view the Indian owners were intent on carrying on their ownership.

Wonder when that happened? In 2000 he was a big Everton fan from a young age

https://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/1748058/profile-the-boy

But Accountancy Age recently met up with a financial controller who is so in love with his job that he would willingly turn down other prospective employers even if they were to more than double his salary. Enter Mike Cheston, 39 years old and fiercely loyal, not to mention a lifelong supporter of football’s Premier League Mersey giants Everton Football Club.

‘You cannot put a value on the pleasure I get from this job. It is the best job I’ll ever have. I wouldn’t work for Liverpool or Manchester United even if they approached me and offered to double my salary.

‘The thought of watching this club from a distance is unbearable,’ he says.

‘I never played football when I was younger. I was hopeless at it. But I fell in love with the club at a young age and have retained that ever since.’

Why even say it? I mean what's the point? It's a job, we get it, we all need one. Why put yourself at risk of ridicule especially when you've gone on record (thanks to that pesky internet) saying otherwise. It's just stupidity.

Anyway, it's hardly a surprise. It makes no difference. If it wasn't Cheston then they'd employ someone else equally as powerless.

The one we should be after is Pasha. The faceless one. The "shy" one. The apparent go between Ewood and Venkys / the owners.

Why even say it? I mean what's the point? It's a job, we get it, we all need one. Why put yourself at risk of ridicule especially when you've gone on record (thanks to that pesky internet) saying otherwise. It's just stupidity.

Anyway, it's hardly a surprise. It makes no difference. If it wasn't Cheston then they'd employ someone else equally as powerless.

The one we should be after is Pasha. The faceless one. The "shy" one. The apparent go between Ewood and Venkys / the owners.

That's the rub.

The only thing which seems not to be affected - or require approval first - is the club's marketing. Everything else is cobtrolled away from Ewood.

So even if they got lucky and employed somebody who didn't create distrust with poor comments (even the 100,000,000 holes pamphlet quotes the imposter referring to Coyle being a SEM client, for instance) and who knew what they were doing and even had a bit of innovation in them, if they have any credibility they will leave.

But we need to be able to get some momentum behind a credible alternative to Venkys - excluding any stupid notions of anyone giving Venkys their money back. We need a credible presence to get the majority behind a campaign to really upset Venkys and then the new owners can be ready to discuss our future with administrators.

Let's not kid ourselves if Venkys continue to see only a multi-million pound sale as the end game then the reality is that this will only end one way.

I notice also that things have gone very quiet from the point of view of anyone with (even tentative) links to WAR. Hopefully that's a good sign...

Well done to whomever quietly produced the mini brochure. More and more Rovers fans need to read this. Perhaps it should be shared on social media more widely?

It appears that one copy found its way to Graham Jones MP who subsequently had a meeting with Cheston on Friday.

Hopefully he won't mind me re-posting on here this post that he made on social media...

I cannot see a way forward until there is a meeting directly with owners and I made that view absolutely clear. I also said the mistakes are the responsibility of the club and it's owners and no-one else. Far too many mistakes had been made and the owners had to recognise that and relinquish decision making. There is a huge lack of transparency, a poor structure at Board level, poor advice and poor decision making which had all cost the club over the last 6 years.

The protests were discussed. I defended fans who pay good wages and have been let down.

My request to meet the owners will be put to them though I remain unsure as to whether they will meet anyone. I expressed the view that this was a huge mistake.

Does the fact that Graeme Jones defended the fans indicate that Cheston was critical of them?

The puppet that is Cheston is not allowed to make decisions Surely Pasha should have been there as he appears to be the real link to that lot.

Archived