BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Coyle Throwing Matches?

Jock

I think there is a strong possibility that Scott Wharton is being frozen out. On the bench for the Reading game, but didn't come on. By all accounts Brown was caught (slipped) for the winner. Hind sight is a wonderful thing as we all know, but if Wharton was brought on with 15 minutes to go, would that have earned us a point. Why else would you leave Brown on, when he plays his first game of the season at his age. Wharton is certainly match fit and would be raring to go.

Can anyone else comment on Wharton's performances with the u23s? I remember watching a highlights video a couple months ago where Wharton looked awful on a few plays (didn't he have some injury troubles too), but I'd hardly call that a sufficient sample size! I vaguely recall a couple posters mentioning he's struggled a bit with the u23s but nothing definitive...

Is it possible Wharton isn't playing because he would displace a player an agent will be getting a cut on appearance money?

Not condoning this but here is how a Maltese club has dealt with a smelly loss of form- http://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/articles/view/20161219/sport/birkirkara-goalkeeper-arrested-on-illegal-betting-suspicions.634327#.WFe6l6QLszU.facebook :blink:

Birkirkara beat West Ham in the Europa League qualifiers last season and knocked Hearts out this season with a win at Tynecastle.

There is no logic in some of the players being selected. I can't be too hard on Lowe, as I don't go to the games. from the reports he is not worthy of a place. I have said before a midfield player for sale with 200 Championship games, some as captain of the team, is worth a lot more than one, who is to be sold, as he doesn't make the grade. As has been the case for a while, under different managers, the team selection appears to be for reasons other than the best one available. In addition to this, if you read the reason for Coyle being sacked by Dave Whelan at Wigan, he says this very thing.

Of course he's not throwing games. He has a poor squad who are under achieving due to the malaise that surrounds the club as well as his own incompetence. Any manager in the world would fail at this club, probably not as badly as Coyle though as he is a poor manager.

Of course he's not throwing games. He has a poor squad who are under achieving due to the malaise that surrounds the club as well as his own incompetence. Any manager in the world would fail at this club, probably not as badly as Coyle though as he is a poor manager.

He probably isn't although I have to say, I suspect one of his predecessors did. It has been mentioned on this topic before with regards to the Spurs away game and the strange tactics given what was riding on the game. I will never forget the look on the face or Ray Wilkins in the Sky studio, when passing comment on it.

• Backroom

He probably isn't although I have to say, I suspect one of his predecessors did. It has been mentioned on this topic before with regards to the Spurs away game and the strange tactics given what was riding on the game. I will never forget the look on the face or Ray Wilkins in the Sky studio, when passing comment on it.

Never has "my word" been uttered with such bewilderment.

Not hard to see why Lambert said @#/? this at the end of last season. Can't help but think he's done a bit of the old frying pan to fire with Wolves, but this club is derelict on so many levels that the job becomes much harder than it needs to be.

Coyle is simply not good enough to 'organise' the losing of games. The fact that he is a cheap and pathetic manager who could not organise a xxxx in a brothel achieves the planned for losses without the need for Agent Coil to have to input further.

The xxxts from Pune and Madame Whore want to complete the ruination of Rovers and Coil ticks all the boxes.

Well when you say "it's not working but I won't change what I am doing," you can't be too surprised if someone thinks you're throwing things.

Don't think he is deliberately throwing it, more like he doesn't think he'll win by being defensive either, this way at least it looks as if we've had a go at it, and with the "exciting" football fans, pundits, etc. will be happier.

Having said that I do wonder based on his above comments and keeping Duffy on the pitch vs. Cardiff, when he clearly was trying to throw the game, I mean, if every fan can spot the goals looked intentional, or at least suspicious, why didn't the manager? And why keep Duffy on with that risk/uncertainty?

Also if he's so committed to attacking football why change it for Newcastle? (In case you all somehow missed it, we managed to beat them. I appreciate it's not been mentioned by Coyle or the club so people may have forgotten.) What's brought the change of heart since then to now not change tactics regardless?

In short, I don't think we're throwing it (yet) but I wouldn't like to bet anything on that.

Archived