BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have Venkys won?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Benchud said:

Nothing wrong with attending...imo boycotters are just silly little boys who have spat there dummy out !! Not attending isn't changing anything.

It's changed a few things for me. I'm not kicking the cat when I walk in through the door any more and my blood pressure is back to normal again.

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's changed a few things for me. I'm not kicking the cat when I walk in through the door any more and my blood pressure is back to normal again.

U should be reported to the rspca...poor cat..

Interesting, provocative topic from Stuart!

For me, the protesters have adopted a sound strategy in not allowing themselves to be depicted, as hindering the last chance of survival under a new manager. My only regret is that all the groups couldn't reach an agreement to state that this was what they were doing.

For me the pattern is clear. Even if we do survive, more reductions will see us even more vulnerable again next year.

To think Venky's and their hidden partners have reduced the famous Blackburn Rovers to the state, where their fans are worrying about the results of Burton Albion!

Meanwhile, I am confident that activities will continue to keep the abuse of our club in the spotlight and to put pressure on the F.A. etc.

To make a provocative reply to a provocative topic, Stuart...anyone, who bought a season ticket is bolstering and colluding with an abusive regime that is systematically destroying the club we love!

What if there were less than 100 season ticket holders? What if protesters had been successful in securing a headline grabbing low gate against Blackpool?

And, yes, I know...what if my aunty was my uncle!

This is not the fault of supporters, I stress, but a supine fanbase does make life easier for abusers, who shouldn't be anywhere near the game in the first place.

4 hours ago, Benchud said:

Nothing wrong with attending...imo boycotters are just silly little boys who have spat there dummy out !! Not attending isn't changing anything.

I think everyone SHOULD spit their dummies out. They are called pacifiers for a reason - 'designed to quell anger and agitation'  

Nothing wrong with attending, nothing wrong with boycotting but either way we need to show Venkys we are angry and agitated!!

Get those dummies spat out.

By the way there are plenty of female boycotters too!

6 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Interesting, provocative topic from Stuart!

For me, the protesters have adopted a sound strategy in not allowing themselves to be depicted, as hindering the last chance of survival under a new manager. My only regret is that all the groups couldn't reach an agreement to state that this was what they were doing.

For me the pattern is clear. Even if we do survive, more reductions will see us even more vulnerable again next year.

To think Venky's and their hidden partners have reduced the famous Blackburn Rovers to the state, where their fans are worrying about the results of Burton Albion!

Meanwhile, I am confident that activities will continue to keep the abuse of our club in the spotlight and to put pressure on the F.A. etc.

To make a provocative reply to a provocative topic, Stuart...anyone, who bought a season ticket is bolstering and colluding with an abusive regime that is systematically destroying the club we love!

What if there were less than 100 season ticket holders? What if protesters had been successful in securing a headline grabbing low gate against Blackpool?

And, yes, I know...what if my aunty was my uncle!

This is not the fault of supporters, I stress, but a supine fanbase does make life easier for abusers, who shouldn't be anywhere near the game in the first place.

Good post. Appreciate the spirit.

What I would say in response to the bit in bold - which I've probably said before - is that I don't think that boycotting gives fans a voice. There are too many people who have deserted the team to make the maths of a meaningful boycott add up. If 5,000 people were turning up at Ewood each week but not entering then that's a real statement. It's tangible and it is a story. But they don't. Why? Because there aren't 5,000 boycotters. At best, there are 500 - at a stretch. People said they were boycotting until Kean left. Numbers didn't rise dramatically when he left. Although I increased our ST holders by 50%.

Visible, visible, visible. Is what I believe. Obviously it's only my opinion but it's why I have joined all of the protests where there has been a need for a show of numbers. Aside from being very proud to be amongst some fantastic people, I've largely been disappointed. That's because there are more people who have walked away than the boycotters and protesters combined. Then you get to the ground and there are as many non-protesters at the fanzone.

Buying a season ticket gets you into the ground. It gets you a chance to express your opinion. To visibly demonstrate when there are cameras about. Buying a season ticket brings in the youngsters who might give us a chance when Venkys do eventually leave. And they will. Eventually. On their terms, of course. Buying a season ticket for a struggling team AND protesting / fighting for it is a life lesson for young fans. That some things are worth fighting for. If you don't buy a ticket then what are you fighting for? A memory? If you don't protest then you aren't fighting for anything.

We are in this position through pig headed-deliberate(?)- decision making! .

Coyle? I couldn't damn well believe the affrontery!..and with a weakened squad too.

Now, do they expect us to be grateful that they are setting up "another new start" to try and change the downward direction of the kamikaze plane, just  a few feet before it hits the ground?. 

Visibility is essential, I agree, but an empty ground is also highly visible?

Anyway, we are not a million miles apart.There is a terrible sense of powerlessness, which I am trying to buck.

It is not like the old days when a demonstration against the board from around the ground had a real impact.

Now, the demonstrations need to be aimed at India, the F.A and football agents/"advisors"/stakeholders/partners/ hidden owners..

The media is crucial. A few Venky's out chants and banners inside the ground make me feel better...but that is all.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

We are in this position through pig headed-deliberate(?)- decision making! .

Coyle? I couldn't damn well believe the affrontery!..and with a weakened squad too.

Now, do they expect us to be grateful that they are setting up "another new start" to try and change the downward direction of the kamikaze plane, just  a few feet before it hits the ground?. 

Visibility is essential, I agree, but an empty ground is also highly visible?

Anyway, we are not a million miles apart.There is a terrible sense of powerlessness, which I am trying to buck.

It is not like the old days when a demonstration against the board from around the ground had a real impact.

Now, the demonstrations need to be aimed at India, the F.A. and football agents/"advisors"/stakeholders/partners/ hidden owners..

The media is crucial. A few Venky's out chants and banners inside the ground make me feel better...but that is all.

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

I think everyone SHOULD spit their dummies out. They are called pacifiers for a reason - 'designed to quell anger and agitation'  

Nothing wrong with attending, nothing wrong with boycotting but either way we need to show Venkys we are angry and agitated!!

Get those dummies spat out.

By the way there are plenty of female boycotters too!

You can spit ya dummy out after you have left the ground..whats wrong with you babies ,? Get behind the lads.!!! The only way to show venkys were angry is by blowing them up !!! Not by chrimpshine sitting in the pub watching the game..

Just now, Benchud said:

Research it ..

Yep defiantly from Burnley

What is the meaning of Bhenchod?
Literally meaning "sister fu**er", this phrase has moved far from its crassly perjorative roots to become a standard interjection in Hindi

That and the fact you've spelt it wrong :lol:

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yep defiantly from Burnley

That and the fact you've spelt it wrong :lol:

Hahaha I spell things my way...but if you was clever you would see in the urban dictionary it's spelt how I spell it..defo not a dingle!!!!! Far from it 

Archived