BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have Venkys won?

Just now, Gav said:

Its been on the site for the past 6/7yrs Rev as you know, hardly just been brought up, you mischief maker you :D

Stuart was posing the question of whether Venky's have won NOW because people are slightly happier under Mowbray as I understood it GAV.

Strange way to view things that they've won because we're improving slightly. For me  they'll never win as long as we are still in existence. Where there's life there's always hope. If we cease to exist, then that is the day we will have lost and they win

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Had a chat with a fellow supporter earlier in week regarding this. Talking to a couple of well respected journalist their opinion was as supporters we turn the tap on and off too often and our case is very much yesterday's news now.

Our message is too mixed and too reactive on events on the field , which dilutes any ultimate goal

What do these 'respected' journo's expect the fans to do? How are Charlton and Coventry doing with their protests? Blackpool? They have bigger issues than us and they are rarely national news.  

Our case was yesterday's news as soon as we dropped out of the Prem. Your journo mates are probably covering Chelsea now. It's only Rovers fans that care about Rovers. Blaming Rovers fans is really not the answer. It's been 7 long years of shyte. It's up to the journo's to do their job, not for the fans to put on a show for them. Next time you see them thank them for their patronising concern. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Stuart was posing the question of whether Venky's have won NOW because people are slightly happier under Mowbray as I understood it GAV.

Strange way to view things that they've won because we're improving slightly. For me  they'll never win as long as we are still in existence. Where there's life there's always hope. If we cease to exist, then that is the day we will have lost and they win

Slightly happier?

There is NO unrest around or in the ground. None.

We Want Venkys Out is the chant.

Unless We Go A Few Games Unbeaten should be the refrain.

Now all talk of Venkys being "Wanted Out" has ceased - for over a month. Ergo they have done it again, kept their heads down and won the battle of attrition. Not even the threat of Jim White has fazed them.

Just now, Stuart said:

Yes, Rev. That's it, I'm gutted that we are unbeaten. :rolleyes:

When would be a better time to bring up the fact that protests have effectively ended then, Rev, when they are in full swing. :wacko:

Now that would be extremely silly.

But, if all it takes for protests to stop is half a dozen games without defeat then we really have no reason to protest. Debt, what debt? Wage cuts? Next season's problem. A squad of about 13 on the books come May? Niff-naff. It's all about going to the match, being entertained and going home. If it folds we can all just go to watch Chorley.

If you were previously of the view that actively protesting on a weekly basis was necessary then clearly nothing has changed.

Playing devil's advocate though, where should the focus be if we stay up? Attempting to apply pressure  on the owners to persuade them to run the Club and to back the manager properly with a decent budget or continuing protests aimed solely at getting them to walk out with no plan B?

Just now, Stuart said:

Slightly happier?

Now all talk of Venkys being "Wanted Out" has ceased - for over a month. Ergo they have done it again, kept their heads down and won the battle of attrition. Not even the threat of Jim White has fazed them.

Reality check required. Neither was there at the first game of the season. Most of the people with any passion about what's happened are boycotting. 

It's too late and even if we go down they won't leave. The best thing to do in my opinion is to either stay away or support Mowbray and the team. If we go down to league 1 it'll be a lot worse under their ownership.

Just now, Stuart said:

Slightly happier?

Which means the powers that be's latest bout of window dressing is a success again similar to Lambert arriving until the truth started to show again. They might have got lucky with TM in a similar way to Bowyers early stint were he provided a strong bit of sticking plaster for a while.

The real story will emerge again as the season draws to a close whether we stay up or go down. It's not Plan A or B it's Cut A or Cut B which will have to be decided and i wouldn't be surprised if the gaffer features in both.

2 youth team guys as assistants ? hmmm........

You can't fight someone who doesn't fight back. What are fans meant to do? Go on marches? Run adverts? Set up a protest website? It's all been done. A lot of time and effort had gone into it. It's changed nothing as far as I can see. 

They'll only fight back if their business suffers. As far as protests are concerned, they couldn't give a toss. 

Someone must have "won" but I'm  not sure it's venkys

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If you were previously of the view that actively protesting on a weekly basis was necessary then clearly nothing has changed.

Playing devil's advocate though, where should the focus be if we stay up? Attempting to apply pressure  on the owners to persuade them to run the Club and to back the manager properly with a decent budget or continuing protests aimed solely at getting them to walk out with no plan B?

That's more like it, Rev. Now they are good questions.

My personal view is that we are in a bit of a paradox state at the moment. A pseudo reality where everyone pretends we are a normal club. We've been reconditioned to accept this mediocre existence by cut after cut after cut. (Maybe be Venkys are tories? Hmm). Currently, we have the pretence of meaningful football because we are in a relegation battle and matches matter. If we were comfortably midtable, or already down, protests would be in full swing. As it is everyone has taken their eye off the ball.

We are meant to be grateful that we have Mowbray and we've not lost for a bit. You've said as much yourself. But this is so fragile. Back-to-back defeats are just around the corner and we are right back in trouble. (We got very lucky today with Brentford). As someone mentioned the coaching staff have been taken from the your set up. It's not a stretch that Dunny will be our next manager. We are continuing to be fed bullshit but we've friendlier faces now holding the spoon.

But as Bryan's excellent post points out, we've tried everything. More concerning though is that the focus had shifted onto the FA through Parliament and this needed to be a concerted movement but all of the momentum has gone from everywhere. Rumours that the RoversTrust are in turmoil (I'll have my tenner back thanks) and the FA had the brass neck to come out this week and talk about Leyton Orient's ownership not being their concern as long as they meet the regulations - meanwhile another group of fans face their club being taken from them. They should be forced to re-write those damned regulations. If we can't make Venkys listen then those people who keep turning a blind eye to them need to be forced to stop. Make them unable to own the club. Enforce a sale, on administration terms (we'll even take the fifteen points) if necessary.

But the impetus has gone. Who is our spokesperson who is in touch with the Charlton, Coventry, Pompey fans to join with Messers Berry and Jones to lobby the government to tackle the FA? I applaud those who have been trying but a poster on the side of a pub is as far as things have gone and ideas seem to remain parochial (thanks Vinjay). Yes, I'm a hypocrite because I have not the time to get involved in an energy-sapping part time project that it would be. If I did though, I'd be on the phone to Glen to get him on board, not having him sit in the audience while the "grown ups" have a think.

• Backroom

The only people (local) who REALLY care about protesting are those doing something about it at Ewood WMC every month, or putting money in that protest pot. No-one else does.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

So now it's go down to come back !  I give up i really do.

Absolutely everything points to going down under this lot to being the end of Rovers as we know it. It would simply be the start of the next chapter of us being Bury/Rochdale or Blackpool. Decades in the lower reaches and if you can't see that it's alarming for one who's watched football for so long and has seen how these things unfold. Not normal clubs but those owned by dodgy foreign crackpots and run by people in the shadows.

Didn't Kean say something the same? "Sometimes you have to take one or two steps back to go 3 in front" or something similar?

Hated it then!

Just now, Mike E said:

The only people (local) who REALLY care are those doing something about at Ewood WMC every month, or putting money in that protest pot. No-one else does.

I find it incredible the amount of people on here and in the real world that say they're 'boycotting' or 'can't support the owners' or 'want Venky's out' but can't do either of the above. Lots of talkers, unfortunately, with a small group of people willing to muck in. I have never felt as disengaged from Rovers fans as I currently do. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Graham has never appeared properly match fit and resembled a knackered old crock this season. Not sure he's the best example to use to support that argument.  Whilst the side does need a sprinkling of experience in key areas I see no problem with promoting the likes of Wharton Nyambe and Mahoney either.

Um.......do you see any problem with selling them to pay the bills though?

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The only people (local) who REALLY care are those doing something about at Ewood WMC every month, or putting money in that protest pot. No-one else does.

Absolute rubbish. 

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Absolute nonsense to suggest that only those at Ewood WMC care.  Pathetic statement and an insult to the supporters who actually support this club and will continue supporting them no matter what League we are in.

• Backroom
Just now, Parsonblue said:

Absolute nonsense to suggest that only those at Ewood WMC care.  Pathetic statement and an insult to the supporters who actually support this club and will continue supporting them no matter what League we are in.

Should have clarified I meant about protesting, not about the club. 

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Blaming Rovers fans is really not the answer. It's been 7 long years of shyte. It's up to the journo's to do their job, not for the fans to put on a show for them. Next time you see them thank them for their patronising concern. 

Exactly, blaming fans is not the answer and imagine the irony that this came from a person who helped focus the most concerted protest the BRFC fans have been able to muster, at the manager rather than the big picture.

This thread isn't about who wins. It's about who can I blame if the Indians aren't around to hear me moan.

36 minutes ago, Jbizzle said:

Exactly, blaming fans is not the answer and imagine the irony that this came from a person who helped focus the most concerted protest the BRFC fans have been able to muster, at the manager rather than the big picture.

This thread isn't about who wins. It's about who can I blame if the Indians aren't around to hear me moan.

And yet you are happy to blame a fan. OH the irony of that. It is typical of your posting approach.

You know full well that the manager you refer to was actually running everything at Ewood and therefore a legitimate target for protest as were Venkys and others if you check your memory banks.

29 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Have Venkys won?

No.  Of course not.  People are supporting their team at the most crucial time for the Club in nearly 40 years.  All I speak to have no time for the V's.

Venkys now have no opposition. Effectively they now have permission to carry on with whatever their half-cocked plans are.

No transfer fees? Fine by us.

Further wage reductions? Crack on.

Allowing our brightest prospect to leave on a free along with half the squad? No problem.

More loanees and League One freebies to prop up the squad? Bring in on.

The "I'll support the team through thick and thin" rhetoric, whilst very noble, is (finally) exactly what they want to hear - it's only taken 7 years. It ignores the fact that they are the reason for the 'thin' (and getting thinner).

No more silly protests. No threat of people commissioning planes, or even jumping in planes and turning up at an trade events in Pune. No dissent of any sort. They can even watch games with the volume turned up.

I guess most fans are happy too. No more chanting at games. No more arguments with fellow fans ("so called"). Just sit back and watch the football.

Let's not worry about Venkys we can't influence them. Just remember though. There will be no opposition to whatever they do next.

I know I'm on my own with this though. BRFCS have banned most of the people who agreed with me.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

And yet you are happy to blame a fan. OH the irony of that. It is typical of your posting approach.

You know full well that the manager you refer to was actually running everything at Ewood and therefore a legitimate target for protest as were Venkys and others if you check your memory banks.

In hindsight I know this, I didn't understand it at the time, the difference between then and now, about 10,000 locals who don't bother anymore.

Criticism of those fans is easy, if one thing you'll find typical of my posting style it is to criticise "boycotting". I mean stopping going, I've no problem with having enough with what's gone/going on, who could blame anyone for saying enough is enough! it's the idea that it's borne out of making a positive difference, that is worthy of critic. Those who won't walk in the ground or pay another penny BUT still attend the meetings, will give money and get involved should also be free of criticism imo.

Those who wish to still support the club after what has gone on... how can anyone have anything but good things to say? Especially the away support. Long into the future, these people could potentially be our one remaining "crutch" to achieve a level of stability to come back after Venkys. God knows how far we could fall.

The irony you mention is that all fans are being criticised here for not having an "Evolved method" by one of the main organisers of protest. Imagine organising a protest aimed at management and results then agreeing with a unnamed journalists tha protests are too centric to what's going on the pitch?

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Venkys now have no opposition. Effectively they now have permission to carry on with whatever their half-cocked plans are.

Allowing our brightest prospect to leave on a free along with half the squad? No problem.

The "I'll support the team through thick and thin" rhetoric, whilst very noble, is (finally) exactly what they want to hear - it's only taken 7 years. It ignores the fact that they are the reason for the 'thin' (and getting thinner).

No more silly protests. No threat of people commissioning planes, or even jumping in planes and turning up at an trade events in Pune. No dissent of any sort. They can even watch games with the volume turned up.

I guess most fans are happy too. No more chanting at games. No more arguments with fellow fans ("so called"). Just sit back and watch the football.

Let's not worry about Venkys we can't influence them. Just remember though. There will be no opposition to whatever they do next.

I know I'm on my own with this though. BRFCS have banned most of the people who agreed with me.

The reasons from those who continue to  organise protests (two in the works) have been explained Stuart. If you're worried because you can't see what's going on, get to Ewood WMC on Tues.

Just now, Stuart said:

Who has been banned and why? Honest question.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

In hindsight I know this, I didn't understand it at the time, the difference between then and now, about 10,000 locals who don't bother anymore.

Criticism of those fans is easy, if one thing you'll find typical of my posting style it is to criticise "boycotting". I mean stopping going, I've no problem with having enough with what's gone/going on, who could blame anyone for saying enough is enough! it's the idea that it's borne out of making a positive difference, that is worthy of critic. Those who won't walk in the ground or pay another penny BUT still attend the meetings, will give money and get involved should also be free of criticism imo.

Those who wish to still support the club after what has gone on... how can anyone have anything but good things to say? Especially the away support. Long into the future, these people could potentially be our one remaining "crutch" to achieve a level of stability to come back after Venkys. God knows how far we could fall.

The irony you mention is that all fans are being criticised here for not having an "Evolved method" by one of the main organisers of protest. Imagine organising a protest aimed at management and results then agreeing with a unnamed journalists tha protests are too centric to what's going on the pitch?

An honest post.

Having good things to say about people who stood by, nay shouted down others, while Venkys turned this club into the club that will need 6000 stalwarts is the reason there is little of that feeling around.

One man in particular can feel very much aggrieved given the level of personal abuse and even threats that he suffered.

Not sure what you mean by "organising protests aimed at management and results" though. Especially when the truth came out and still most people turned a blind eye.

Archived