SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have Venkys won?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Good post. Appreciate the spirit.

What I would say in response to the bit in bold - which I've probably said before - is that I don't think that boycotting gives fans a voice. There are too many people who have deserted the team to make the maths of a meaningful boycott add up. If 5,000 people were turning up at Ewood each week but not entering then that's a real statement. It's tangible and it is a story. But they don't. Why? Because there aren't 5,000 boycotters. At best, there are 500 - at a stretch. People said they were boycotting until Kean left. Numbers didn't rise dramatically when he left. Although I increased our ST holders by 50%.

Visible, visible, visible. Is what I believe. Obviously it's only my opinion but it's why I have joined all of the protests where there has been a need for a show of numbers. Aside from being very proud to be amongst some fantastic people, I've largely been disappointed. That's because there are more people who have walked away than the boycotters and protesters combined. Then you get to the ground and there are as many non-protesters at the fanzone.

Buying a season ticket gets you into the ground. It gets you a chance to express your opinion. To visibly demonstrate when there are cameras about. Buying a season ticket brings in the youngsters who might give us a chance when Venkys do eventually leave. And they will. Eventually. On their terms, of course. Buying a season ticket for a struggling team AND protesting / fighting for it is a life lesson for young fans. That some things are worth fighting for. If you don't buy a ticket then what are you fighting for? A memory? If you don't protest then you aren't fighting for anything.

Excellent post

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The mods seem to have a very low tolerance for wind up merchants.

Wind up ??? Because of my user name?? Some1 wanted to no the translation for the word..fine by me if they want to look that up.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what rumours?

where is this? Nixon? Still he mention it a week after Coyle left?

I don't Venkys would planned a budget so early. never done it before

agree 1000%

lets stay up first before we even start thinking of next season.

Next season could be very different or similar. all down to the quality of the signings and keeping Mowbray at the club

This is major problem and one of the reasons a lot of fans wont join in.

My view on the owners are not concerned one bit about the boycott or protests at all.

You are right Mike, Each choice should be respected and not insulted by the other side.,

Think you must have missed try bit about "why not join in ?" Chaddy!

57 minutes ago, Benchud said:

Hahahaha some one has to say it how it is !!!! And tbh I'm having fun just doing that !!! 

Having fun winding people up......

If banning certain posters was meant to lift the tone of the site it's been a bit of a failure judging by this thread.

Just now, 47er said:

Having fun winding people up......

If banning certain posters was meant to lift the tone of the site it's been a bit of a failure judging by this thread.

Easily misinterpreted...fun meaning I'm enjoying having my say...show me a comment i have made were I'm winding some1 up !!!! ????? And were all entitled to our own opinion on here 

Just now, Benchud said:

Easily misinterpreted...fun meaning I'm enjoying having my say...show me a comment i have made were I'm winding some1 up !!!! ????? And were all entitled to our own opinion on here 

No mate, I won't be bothered with you.

Well you responded to Mike's post with "You're right Mlke" and the very last point he made was "why not join in?"!!

You didn't say "you're right Mike part from that bit at the end about joining in because I would never do that."

Just now, 47er said:

Well you responded to Mike's post with "You're right Mlke" and the very last point he made was "why not join in?"!!

You didn't say "you're right Mike part from that bit at the end about joining in because I would never do that."

My post was clear what I was responding to

"You are right Mike, Each choice should be respected and not insulted by the other side.,  "

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The mods seem to have a very low tolerance for wind up merchants.

We have weekends too, you know!

She's gone (third or fourth account of someone who kept PM'ing people and WUMing).

22 hours ago, Jbizzle said:

In hindsight I know this, I didn't understand it at the time, the difference between then and now, about 10,000 locals who don't bother anymore.

Criticism of those fans is easy, if one thing you'll find typical of my posting style it is to criticise "boycotting". I mean stopping going, I've no problem with having enough with what's gone/going on, who could blame anyone for saying enough is enough! it's the idea that it's borne out of making a positive difference, that is worthy of critic. Those who won't walk in the ground or pay another penny BUT still attend the meetings, will give money and get involved should also be free of criticism imo.

Those who wish to still support the club after what has gone on... how can anyone have anything but good things to say? Especially the away support. Long into the future, these people could potentially be our one remaining "crutch" to achieve a level of stability to come back after Venkys. God knows how far we could fall.

The irony you mention is that all fans are being criticised here for not having an "Evolved method" by one of the main organisers of protest. Imagine organising a protest aimed at management and results then agreeing with a unnamed journalists tha protests are too centric to what's going on the pitch?

Thank you for your good reponse. I am late in my acknowledgement as a bit poorly yesterday due probably to 93rd minute shock syndrome.

This is yet another thread that clearly highlights the divisiveness between the supporters and the club, that is all it does.

BRFC has lost its place in the PL. It continues to lose on all fronts.

BRFC has lost 10000 plus home supporters over 6 years - unprecedented anywhere else in football - even Coventry and Charlton haven't seen such a dwindling of home support.

BRFC has lost its identity in football, is a laughing stock, a club of ridicule, a mockery of the club and its previous standing within football.

BRFC continues to suffer, there are now more planned cutbacks, a once thriving and successful back room support network is suffering, the academy next? The facilities? The youth set up and scouting network?

The FANS have lost faith, passion, hope, They are divided in opinion, they are fractious, nervous, unsure, YET, they still support the club in whatever way they want, be it attending, boycotting, from afar or on TV.

Off field marketing is almost non existant, again poor management and a lack of understanding is probably to blame.

The anonymous staff behind the walls of Ewood, the silence, the lack of communication, the lack of understanding the what a football club means to the community all adds up to the total inept incompetence of the day to day running of the football club.

Venkys have lost untold millions in waste, bad advice, bad management, incompetence, frivolity or whichever other words you might deem appropriate. The word failure lies heavy on them alongside KEANSCUM, BERG, APPLETON and COYLE. I leave GB outside of that sentence because he did to some extent bring the club on an even keel. LAMBERT was lied to hence he walked. We then see SHAW, bless his cotton socks, the two PAULS, SINGH and now CHESTON playing at football senior management. all have been a total waste of space effort and money. I do believe that with the appointment of SENIOR that he is a much better operative than anyone since John Williams. I never understood the position of Alan MYERS but it is very clear his job was difficult and that he was peddled as a puppet by the owners.

The club for some reason has been saddled with the cloud of total incompetence and we must ask WHY and by WHOM?

It is very easy to see who has won out of the sorry state of Blackburn Rovers FC. The money that has bled from the club, the money that has followed the waste trail, the list of players paid huge amounts of cash for absolute nothing in return is totally shocking YET no one has ever been held to account for this. Best, Murphy and Etuhu (just 3 examples) have taken millions from the club yet have never for one moment earned it. Keanscum and his parasite mates have taken the club to the cleaners and back, lining their pockets with every single cent they cast their eyes on. There are so many others who have benefitted and they are all LINKED together by someone pulling the strings of a systematic raping of our famous club.

The Walker Trust should hang their heads in total shame at their lack of action in this matter. As someone pointed out, they could have made millions more with the simple structured management that was in place before the sale of the club. I wonder how the individuals who made that decision are feeling now and I wonder if each and everyone of them think just how much they have let Jack Walker down, the supporters and people of Blackburn down but more importantly the very name of Blackburn Rovers FC and all that it stands for.

So folks, no matter which way you feel, whatever your personal opinion, your alternative views, it doesn't matter. There has only been one set of winners in this sorry scenario.

VENKYS haven't won anything apart from the disrespect of the clubs support and from those in the footballing world who actually do understand how we as fans have felt during this  painful 6 yr tenure of utter incompetence and failure.

Of all the posts I've read on this subject over the years the one above best sums up the situation and my feelings regarding it.

Congratulations, that would make a great newspaper article.

I agree about the Walker Trust, even if you give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the sale of the club their subsequent silence is disgraceful.

Jack will be waiting for them at the Pearly Gates.

Basically BRFC is a company not a club and companies are judged and managed on figures and at the end of the day a profit needs to be made in order for the company to grow and succeed. The reason fans (customers) go to games is to watch good football (form of entertainment) because when the team plays well and we are winning (a good product) it creates that adrenaline that we all love hence why we go to games (customer satisfaction).

When Venkies took over we were in the Prem with a decent fan (customer) base and a decent manager play good football (product). I believe the Venkies intentions were good to start with but made incredibly bad decisions. We sack big Sam and appoint Kean and the standard of Football dropped (the product wasn't as good) the fans began to kick up (customer satisfaction drops) and the slowly the clubs (companies) fan (customer) base starts dropping leading to a loss in revenue. The company invests poorly and we get relegated we loose a lot of revenue in TVs rights etc etc and the club  stuck with players who's wages don't suit the championship and we continue to drop ticket attendance and continue the loss in revenue.

The management take a gamble try to hang on to players and invest on the likes of Rhodes in order to try get promoted straight away. A season or two passes we don't get promoted we are paying high wages we sack manager after manager  paying out on their contracts and the fan base shrinks further because the football (product) is no better if not worse, fans are protesting (customer satisfaction at all time low)  and begin boycotting games stop buying shirts and the loss of revenue continues.

The next step for management is to make cuts because the company is in serious dept, get wages down by selling any half decent player that we have and replace them with cheaper contracts, use the money made to try balance the books and keep the cash flow in tact. The company has a duty of care to the employees it employs to pay their wages and if they can't pay their wages cuts have to be made. While this is all happening the football standard continues to drop (sh*t product) because we are selling our assets and fans stop going.

Basically the BRFC is providing a sh*t product and customers have stopped buying and in order to survive company has to down grade because it's no longer making money and the investors no longer want to invest money in a company that isn't performing and no one is coming forward to buy a sh*t business. 

TM comes in the standard of football has gone up temporarily (product is better) and fans (customers) start going again hence why 18000 went through the turnstiles on Saturday. 

Football is a business about money and teams are all competing to sell there product which is Football if your product is sh*t people will go else where because people don't lik being associated with a sh*t product Man Utd get 80,000 through the gates each week bescause they have had years of consistent success (their product is reliable and one of the best on the market)

In my opinion the only thing that will keep BRFC going is if former customers or new customers begin to spend their money going to games or on merchandise and at least gives a potential investor/sponcers etc or our current investors/sponcers etc etc a company that has a consistent customer base where profitability is a possibility at this exact moment in time Rovers is not that and that is the underlining problem. FACT

From what I have seen elsewhere, the accounts for VLL and the football club, are being looked at, by some talented accountants. Form the feedback I have seen so far, the accounts are suggesting that the club and VLL are both on the brink. If both of these are declared as insolvent, then Venky's cannot have won. I would hope that statements in the press of an adverse nature will be made prominent in India, as well as in the UK.

It may well be that people have been taking more out of the club, then they have earned and I refer to some players, but mainly agents and owners, as well as shadow owners. Rumours are still out there, that suggest that Venky's have partners and I am sure these partners have done better financially, than the accounts and the financial state of the club suggest. No lay person can possibly understand these accounts, so I hope that a suitably qualified person, who has no connection with the club, is prepared to give a proper breakdown of exactly what is going on.

Archived