BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have Venkys won?

Just now, 47er said:

Who has been banned and why? Honest question.

Have a think about who doesn't post any more. As for the reasons (apart from generic rule book posturing) you'd have to ask the mods because "reasons for bans are between mods and the individual".

My best guess is answering the teacher back questioning mods' decisions.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Have a think about who doesn't post any more. As for the reasons (apart from generic rule book posturing) you'd have to ask the mods because "reasons for bans are between mods and the individual".

My best guess is answering the teacher back questioning mods' decisions.

Well, not particularly as that'd get a LOT of people banned. That rule is when it's persistent questioning, or more usually when it's aggressive or by pm, email, fb, twitter (as I've had before).

Basically, the people who don't post here broke the rules too many times; about half of them were a simple case of reaching the permaban threshold, while others had become persistent in posting inflammatory views (particularly in the Brexit thread). Now that the more regular offenders aren't in there, the talk is of Brexit implications instead of 'bloody muslims'.

In the Admin threads we were asked to ban individual perpetrators to allow the thread to be reopened. So we did. Suddenly, the whole forum is a better place to post as personal attacks have all but vanished and it's mostly genuine discussion.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, Stuart said:

With Mowbray's honeymoon period paying dividends with early points - and proving the old adage about fickle football fans - unrest has all but vanished.

The boycotts have kept dissenting voices away from Ewood and 'banning orders' have all but reduced BRFCS to a shadow of its former self, taking in and assimilating with the official board refugees. To an outsider, you'd think that all was well off the field and it was simply a normal relegation battle.

So after half a dozen results the Venkys Out chants have dissipated and talk is of a potential recovery.

Obviously six bad results and we'll have the unrest again but as far as the genuine anti-Venkys feelings, it comes down to the problem of carrying on shouting while nobody is listening, and I can't really see protests being as supported as they have been. Which hasn't been high anyway.

Have they now won the WAR of attrition?

Stuart, you have been invited to the Ewood Park WMC supporters meetings but haven't been able to attend. These meetings are open to all. If you can get to one you will appreciate the efforts that are being made.

Next meeting 7.00 Tuesday 21 March Ewood Park WMC :brfc:

10 hours ago, 47er said:

Didn't Kean say something the same? "Sometimes you have to take one or two steps back to go 3 in front" or something similar?

Hated it then!

Dropping a division with these lot is suicide and as others have said in some ways it plays right into their hands in terms of an excuse to really slash everything back overnight.

Seems some might like the prospect of watching the team sat in the middle of league 1 for the next decade whilst we produce youth for agents to sell and gain their commission and it costs the Vs virtually nothing to run it.

There's another angle though and that is we are stuck with players like Stokes, Graham and one or two others on big championship wages. No money to pay them off and no one will take them so they sit on their contracts.That hamstrings the club similar to us getting stuck with Keans signings and paying them for years. Also Mowbray bringing us back first time ? I'm not so sure with the cuts he'll have to contend with and in reality he'll probably be the first victim of that.

Going down to clear the decks and come back under Venkys ? Seriously ?   It's deluded !

Just now, tomphil said:

Dropping a division with these lot is suicide and as others have said in some ways it plays right into their hands in terms of an excuse to really slash everything back overnight.

Seems some might like the prospect of watching the team sat in the middle of league 1 for the next decade whilst we produce youth for agents to sell and gain their commission and it costs the Vs virtually nothing to run it.

There's another angle though and that is we are stuck with players like Stokes, Graham and one or two others on big championship wages. No money to pay them off and no one will take them so they sit on their contracts.That hamstrings the club similar to us getting stuck with Keans signings and paying them for years. Also Mowbray bringing us back first time ? I'm not so sure with the cuts he'll have to contend with and in reality he'll probably be the first victim of that.

Going down to clear the decks and come back under Venkys ? Seriously ?   It's deluded !

Nothing about their time here suggests that they would do anything other than make more cutbacks.

If rumours that we can't meet Mahoney's wage demands are true then it's frightening enough even if we stay up! As a Rover himself I suspect he's waiting to see if we stay up before signing and I can look forward to JimBizzleMkII calling me a tinfoil-hat-wearing comspiracy theorist.

Just now, Stuart said:

Nothing about their time here suggests that they would do anything other than make more cutbacks.

If rumours that we can't meet Mahoney's wage demands are true then it's frightening enough even if we stay up! As a Rover himself I suspect he's waiting to see if we stay up before signing and I can look forward to JimBizzleMkII calling me a tinfoil-hat-wearing comspiracy theorist.

Bit of a tangent! Plus you missed the main part of the conspiracy theory, they are doing this to purposely to mock us "peasants".

You also added some foundation to my gripe with the "boycott being a meaningful protest" angle; Boycotts, lower revenue, higher debts = cutbacks. Who wins with cutbacks? Certainly not the team or fans.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Bit of a tangent! Plus you missed the main part of the conspiracy theory, they are doing this to purposely to mock us "peasants".

You also added some foundation to my gripe with the "boycott being a meaningful protest" angle; Boycotts, lower revenue, higher debts = cutbacks. Who wins with cutbacks? Certainly not the team or fans.

Apart from the elephant in the room that you are missing - we are ALREADY 150m in debt and continue losing money every single day. 

So boycotts dont don't equal cutbacks, the cutbacks are happening regardless due to mismanagement by Venky's. 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Cutbacks Wether we stay up or down.. 

Just now, J*B said:

Apart from the elephant in the room that you are missing - we are ALREADY 150m in debt and continue losing money every single day. 

So boycotts dont don't equal cutbacks, the cutbacks are happening regardless due to mismanagement by Venky's. 

Saved me a job.

Just now, Jimbo2 said:

Sometimes you dont have a choice about these things.

If that's the business plan and it's their business then the only way to change course is change the ownership.

That's the only thing that will EVER change this club now.

We all have hope things will swing the other way and that's fair enough, most football fans do but after 7 years of this it's pointless even doing that. Pray may be if your that way inclined, stay up at all costs is a must.

Just now, Jimbo2 said:

Big cuts in summer

New team of unknowns

Riverside closed

Dunny soon to be head coach

It isnt the fault of Venkys

Blameless. Just naive.

Its the fault of Jbizzle, Parson etc who contine to attend, refuse to show dissent and give them the impression they are doing a great job.

Well done guys 

Cheers, I've needed the recognition. It's about time we got the credit we deserve

Just now, J*B said:

Fully aware, that's why I mentioned debt. I fail to see how my post somehow insinuates that boycotters are responsible for the debt but carry on.

I always prefer your base sarcasm personally.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Fully aware, that's why I mentioned debt. I fail to see how my post somehow insinuates that boycotters are responsible for the debt but carry on.

I always prefer your base sarcasm personally.

Just so I'm 100% clear then - how can you accept that there are going to be further cutbacks to service a debt that in reality is impossible for fans to sustain by themselves, yet not be willing to protest against the people solely responsible for the debt? 

You are willing to accept that there will be cutback after cutback, as we sink lower and lower due to a lack of investment by the people who swore to respect Jack Walkers legacy - and watch it unfold from your seat? 

• Backroom
Just now, J*B said:

Dread to think what will happen if we do go down.

The cutbacks may end up being ones that affect the good people left at the club and in the community.

My view is there is absolutely still time for protest and I am glad we have people willing to make plans (sadly I struggle to join them but hope to get to one). But those protests need to be imaginitive.

The club won't die as a result of any protest, but it may die either way.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I could see Mowbray baling out if he gets the usual Chokers treatment in the Summer. His stock will be really high again if he keeps us up. If he doesn't keep us up the way he's gone on about the thankless  task will have done his reputation no harm at all.

He's walked out on Coventry due to having his hands tied Ts, and then walked right back into the exact same situation here.

He must have had assurances, but like Lambert we have no reason to believe those assurances will be kept, it's the next disaster waiting to happen.

37 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Stuart, you have been invited to the Ewood Park WMC supporters meetings but haven't been able to attend. These meetings are open to all. If you can get to one you will appreciate the efforts that are being made.

Next meeting 7.00 Tuesday 21 March Ewood Park WMC :brfc:

At these meetings are representatives of BRFCS.COM, BRFCAG, Rovers Trust, the 9,000 strong Facebook group TheRovers and Ewood Blues.

Keyboard warriors are gladly absent.

Just now, J*B said:

Just so I'm 100% clear then - how can you accept that there are going to be further cutbacks to service a debt that in reality is impossible for fans to sustain by themselves, yet not be willing to protest against the people solely responsible for the debt? 

You are willing to accept that there will be cutback after cutback, as we sink lower and lower due to a lack of investment by the people who swore to respect Jack Walkers legacy - and watch it unfold from your seat? 

Yes that just about covers it.

Just now, Tom said:

Dread to think what will happen if we do go down.

The cutbacks may end up being ones that affect the good people left at the club and in the community.

My view is there is absolutely still time for protest and I am glad we have people willing to make plans (sadly I struggle to join them but hope to get to one). But those protests need to be imaginitive.

The club won't die as a result of any protest, but it may die either way.

There is rumoured to be 6m to find in cutbacks this summer. I genuinely believe that the expenditure of the entire club will be reduced to the same level regardless of whether we are in the championship or league one. The net spend has gone down year on year, that tells its own story. The trend will continue. 

These people do not care what league we are in, unless it's the cash of the Premier League. The club is worthless, as Seneca suggested in their proposal. 

Just now, Jimbo2 said:

Its the fault of Jbizzle, Parson etc who contine to attend, refuse to show dissent and give them the impression they are doing a great job.

Well done guys 

Glad to know our efforts are appreciated.  It's also the reason why so many who continue to support the club turn their backs on the protests when they are attacked for simply following their club.  People have different opinions and act and behave according to those opinions.  Sadly, some on here can't accept that for some reason.

Just now, J*B said:

Accept it? Because I, or others choose my own choice of method to act in the scenario I am merely "accepting" an enforced decline? To take a leaf from your book, Ofcourse I accept, Balaji is my Bro and Senior is the Saviour.

Both of us have to accept the will of the owners, you can choose your position to watch it unfold. If you are trying to justify walking away, not protesting via presence or funding then you'll never get me to budge on that. You also have no idea of what I've supported, protest or movement.

The debate about method of protest is a separate matter to what you are trying to criticise me for, your posts to me make no sense to this or any picture.

Do I think that united fan base could budge them in some way? That's a question that a new thread should hang on, so this divisive "have YOU given up trying yet" discussion can be put to sleep.

Just now, J*B said:

Nailed it. This has been the question for non-protesters to answer for 6 years. Their best answer? "Well there's nothing we can do so why even bother trying?"

It's why I have felt so angry towards sections of our supporters ever since I marched past the fanzone crowd jeering in between sups of their Fosters and watching a pixelated Premier League match on the big screen outside the BBE.

Fast forward to now and I've lost all faith that protests will ever be supported enough to make a real statement. Minorities have indirectly removed two managers (at Venkys pace, granted) imagine what a majority might do.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

At these meetings are representatives of BRFCS.COM, BRFCAG, Rovers Trust, the 9,000 strong Facebook group TheRovers and Ewood Blues.

Keyboard warriors are gladly absent.

You'd gladly take any type of warriors I assume MCMC, the place should be packed to the rafters but sadly not enough people care, its a real shame.

Just now, Gav said:

You'd gladly take any type of warriors I assume MCMC, the place should be packed to the rafters but sadly not enough people care, its a real shame.

Agreed GAV. Comment not intended to be patronising. Meetings are getting some of those who give a damn.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Accept it? Because I, or others choose my own choice of method to act in the scenario I am merely "accepting" an enforced decline? To take a leaf from your book, Ofcourse I accept, Balaji is my Bro and Senior is the Saviour.

Both of us have to accept the will of the owners, you can choose your position to watch it unfold. If you are trying to justify walking away, not protesting via presence or funding then you'll never get me to budge on that. You also have no idea of what I've supported, protest or movement.

The debate about method of protest is a separate matter to what you are trying to criticise me for, your posts to me make no sense to this or any picture.

Do I think that united fan base could budge them in some way? That's a question that a new thread should hang on, so this divisive "have YOU given up trying yet" discussion can be put to sleep.

Well by definition, yes, if you are not directly protesting the current regime then you are allowing what you are seeing to continue. That's what the word protest means. You are fighting against something. 

Archived