BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have Venkys won?

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Dread to think what will happen if we do go down.

The cutbacks may end up being ones that affect the good people left at the club and in the community.

My view is there is absolutely still time for protest and I am glad we have people willing to make plans (sadly I struggle to join them but hope to get to one). But those protests need to be imaginitive.

The club won't die as a result of any protest, but it may die either way.

I dread to think what will happen if we stay up. The cutbacks will have an even bigger effect if we are still in the Championship. We'll be next seasons Rotherham.

Stuffed if we stay up, stuffed if we don"t, that's Venkys for you.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have an opinion as such PB, all this goes on around you with out having any effect on you at all.

You just keep doing what you've always done, you'll be the last man standing and probably proud of it.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Venkys now have no opposition. Effectively they now have permission to carry on with whatever their half-cocked plans are.

No transfer fees? Fine by us.

Further wage reductions? Crack on.

Allowing our brightest prospect to leave on a free along with half the squad? No problem.

More loanees and League One freebies to prop up the squad? Bring in on.

The "I'll support the team through thick and thin" rhetoric, whilst very noble, is (finally) exactly what they want to hear - it's only taken 7 years. It ignores the fact that they are the reason for the 'thin' (and getting thinner).

No more silly protests. No threat of people commissioning planes, or even jumping in planes and turning up at an trade events in Pune. No dissent of any sort. They can even watch games with the volume turned up.

I guess most fans are happy too. No more chanting at games. No more arguments with fellow fans ("so called"). Just sit back and watch the football.

Let's not worry about Venkys we can't influence them. Just remember though. There will be no opposition to whatever they do next.

I know I'm on my own with this though. BRFCS have banned most of the people who agreed with me.

Such a martyr to the cause. And so alone

Yeah, we all love Venky's. There's only you and your banned mates who don't. I look forward to joining the next wave of protests you organise. 

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Agreed GAV. Comment not intended to be patronising. Meetings are getting some of those who give a damn.

Not patronising in the slightest MCMC, so much p1ss and wind across sites like this, if 1/2 stepped up to the mark we'd be better set to oust the @#/?s.

You have my utmost respect, as do the rest of the fans involved :tu:

Just now, 47er said:

I dread to think what will happen if we stay up. The cutbacks will have an even bigger effect if we are still in the Championship. We'll be next seasons Rotherham.

Nail on head post...the future is bleak under the tenure of these Cricket lovers.

Why the hell can't the Roas see this is benefiting neither party?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Such a martyr to the cause. And so alone

Yeah, we all love Venky's. There's only you and your banned mates who don't. I look forward to joining the next wave of protests you organise. 

You offer so much to any debate blueboy3333, how did we manage during one of your many bans from the site?

Did you protest during the 1875 game?

BigDogsteel( or Kenny to his mates) must love this thread!

The Protests have been frozen until our fate is known. In that perverse line of thought we do not feel as we want to affect the team, even though we have won EVERY time we have protested. The active protesters are obviously a minority...we may have more time or just generally be more bloody-minded.

We need a vote " Do you think the Rovers can ever be in safe hands whilst owned by VLL?" YES/NO

How we protest has to vary according to who is protesting...BRAG, Trust or the unofficial successor to WAR that is the EwoodWMC meeting.

Only one thing is for sure: the protestors will outlast the Venkys as there is nothing more determined than  Blackburnians with their backs to the wall.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

You don't have an opinion as such PB, all this goes on around you with out having any effect on you at all.

You just keep doing what you've always done, you'll be the last man standing and probably proud of it.

My opinion differs from yours but you simply can't accept it.  That's the problem.  The lack of tolerance to another point of view.  So far, I've seen nothing to change my own view that the owners are not really concerned about boycotts or protests. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo2 said:

Big cuts in summer

New team of unknowns

Riverside closed

Dunny soon to be head coach

It isnt the fault of Venkys

Blameless. Just naive.

Its the fault of Jbizzle, Parson etc who contine to attend, refuse to show dissent and give them the impression they are doing a great job.

Well done guys 

Nothing wrong with attending...imo boycotters are just silly little boys who have spat there dummy out !! Not attending isn't changing anything.

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nailed it. This has been the question for non-protesters to answer for 6 years. Their best answer? "Well there's nothing we can do so why even bother trying?"

It's why I have felt so angry towards sections of our supporters ever since I marched past the fanzone crowd jeering in between sups of their Fosters and watching a pixelated Premier League match on the big screen outside the BBE.

Fast forward to now and I've lost all faith that protests will ever be supported enough to make a real statement. Minorities have indirectly removed two managers (at Venkys pace, granted) imagine what a majority might do.

Speaking of the fosters, they ran out, again, in the Jack Walker yesterday, one guy was having a go at a woman who I presume was one of the managers as she was all suited, her answer was "I don't make the decisions it's nothing to do with me" amateurish 

Just now, AAK said:

Speaking of the fosters, they ran out, again, in the Jack Walker yesterday, one guy was having a go at a woman who I presume was one of the managers as she was all suited, her answer was "I don't make the decisions it's nothing to do with me" amateurish 

Whoever missed out on a pint of  " Fosters " dodged a bullet.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whoever missed out on a pint of  " Fosters " dodged a bullet.

:lol:  By far the best post on this 'more of the same' thread.

Well done Tyrone!!!

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

My opinion differs from yours but you simply can't accept it.  That's the problem.  The lack of tolerance to another point of view.  So far, I've seen nothing to change my own view that the owners are not really concerned about boycotts or protests. 

I don't believe you are doing anything wrong at all. Protest or boycott or neither is a choice to be respected.

I don't say this to be patronising, but I would argue that the bit in bold is like climate change deniers. If you don't believe efforts to reduce emissions will affect the planet, but it doesn't affect you if you join in and it MIGHT help, then why not do it anyway?

Similarly, protests are designed now so that the viewing experience of those who don't wish to join isn't affected. Protesting may not help. But it MIGHT help and with minimal extra effort from you, so why not join in?

17 hours ago, broadsword said:

You can't fight someone who doesn't fight back. What are fans meant to do? Go on marches? Run adverts? Set up a protest website? It's all been done. A lot of time and effort had gone into it. It's changed nothing as far as I can see. 

They'll only fight back if their business suffers. As far as protests are concerned, they couldn't give a toss. 

Someone must have "won" but I'm  not sure it's venkys

I'm up for a battle but various reasons inc geography means getting to Ewood WMC is nigh on impossible for me.  Similar to Bryan, it's difficult to think of a protest that will have an affect on this lot.  We're just a bunch of proles not worthy of attention as far as Venky's are concerned, in my view the fight has to be at a higher level where they'll notice, just not sure how we do that.  In the meantime arguing on here will just cause chuckles amongst the 'do bad'ers.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Nothing about their time here suggests that they would do anything other than make more cutbacks.

If rumours that we can't meet Mahoney's wage demands are true then it's frightening enough even if we stay up! As a Rover himself I suspect he's waiting to see if we stay up before signing and I can look forward to JimBizzleMkII calling me a tinfoil-hat-wearing comspiracy theorist.

what rumours?

2 hours ago, J*B said:

There is rumoured to be 6m to find in cutbacks this summer. I genuinely believe that the expenditure of the entire club will be reduced to the same level regardless of whether we are in the championship or league one. The net spend has gone down year on year, that tells its own story. The trend will continue. 

These people do not care what league we are in, unless it's the cash of the Premier League. The club is worthless, as Seneca suggested in their proposal. 

where is this? Nixon? Still he mention it a week after Coyle left?

I don't Venkys would planned a budget so early. never done it before

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Glad to know our efforts are appreciated.  It's also the reason why so many who continue to support the club turn their backs on the protests when they are attacked for simply following their club.  People have different opinions and act and behave according to those opinions.  Sadly, some on here can't accept that for some reason.

agree 1000%

1 hour ago, 47er said:

lets stay up first before we even start thinking of next season.

Next season could be very different or similar. all down to the quality of the signings and keeping Mowbray at the club

41 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

This is major problem and one of the reasons a lot of fans wont join in.

My view on the owners are not concerned one bit about the boycott or protests at all.

Just now, Mike E said:

I don't believe you are doing anything wrong at all. Protest or boycott or neither is a choice to be respected.

I don't say this to be patronising, but I would argue that the bit in bold is like climate change deniers. If you don't believe efforts to reduce emissions will affect the planet, but it doesn't affect you if you join in and it MIGHT help, then why not do it anyway?

Similarly, protests are designed now so that the viewing experience of those who don't wish to join isn't affected. Protesting may not help. But it MIGHT help and with minimal extra effort from you, so why not join in?

You are right Mike, Each choice should be respected and not insulted by the other side.,

If you don't go you take back control McClarky.

It doesn't hurt Venkys, it doesn't hurt the football club in isolation, but it does help each and every fan to stop those rats impacting on your life.

If I wanted to watch decent football Ewood wouldn't be my first choice at the moment, but yes I miss it, I miss going to Ewood and seeing meeting my mates, but its a small price to pay to stop those rats impacting on my life.

As for fans not returning, I don't buy that, success has always brings the fans through the gate, and it will if we ever see that success again.

24 minutes ago, Neil Weaver said:

I'm up for a battle but various reasons inc geography means getting to Ewood WMC is nigh on impossible for me.  Similar to Bryan, it's difficult to think of a protest that will have an affect on this lot.  We're just a bunch of proles not worthy of attention as far as Venky's are concerned, in my view the fight has to be at a higher level where they'll notice, just not sure how we do that.  In the meantime arguing on here will just cause chuckles amongst the 'do bad'ers.

Just get invited to the AGM of Venkys in India and let rip half way through till getting kicked out

Archived