BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

7 hours ago, den said:

As for that interview above, I'm surprised no ones hit her on the back of the head with a shovel and asked her to try again.

I'm just surprised no one has hit her on the back of the head with a shovel. Fullstop.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It saddens me to see some of the comments on here about their politicians.

Now, I dislike our (Australian) right wing pollies, but I could never wish they were physically harmed, despite what they say about those that I support.

Is this what Britain is coming to?

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

More jail times for extremist actions or preaching

More internet security and companies- Social media websites shutting down extremism pages, groups, Videos or chats much quickly, Companies reporting to the police, Not allowing people to create fake account, Twitter and Facebook allow British security services greater access to their networks,

Border security- stop people from entering the country who are suspect from coming from extremist and terror groups and places, doing full investigate in suspect people, Increasing the Funding for Border security and internet security plus Counter terrorism funding.

Deportation- People who are know as Extremist or link to terror groups should be deport back their country of birth or birth of their parent if found guilty of terror or extremist offences

So what have the Tories been doing for the last 7 years, 6 of those your glorious leader was Home Secretary. They've had plenty of time to implement the things you list. I'll tell you what they've done, absolutely nothing except cutting budgets. Admit it Chaddy, the Tories are weak on crime and weak on the causes of crime. Including terrorism. May is pathetic and weak and blah blah blah

BTW if people are found guilty of terrorism they go to prison. It's a bit late deporting them by then. Sounds like a classic Tory policy i.e. useless.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/02/inspectorate-police-engaging-dangerous-practices-austerity-cuts-diane-abbott

The state of the police under the Tories. Sex offenders not being tracked properly because the police don't have the resources.

Could you tell me who is responsible for the police force in England? Is it the Government or the local government.

I accept that funding comes from the Government, but who says how that funding is used?

Just now, dave birch said:

Could you tell me who is responsible for the police force in England? Is it the Government or the local government.

I accept that funding comes from the Government, but who says how that funding is used?

Police Commissioners, who are funded by the Home Office via grants

2 hours ago, dave birch said:

It saddens me to see some of the comments on here about their politicians.

Now, I dislike our (Australian) right wing pollies, but I could never wish they were physically harmed, despite what they say about those that I support.

Is this what Britain is coming to?

It's funny that you find this obvious joke so offensive! Personally, I find "kick the Muslims and their families out of the country" about 1 million times worse than that. Call me old fashioned (not aimed at you by the way DB, I don't think you'd be so crass).

Biz, crack an obvious "joke" at the airport and see what happens. Plenty have been thrown off planes for that.

Having witnessed the vilification of a prime minister in Australia (of British heritage no less) that she was a "bitch", "Barren" (because she had chosen not to have children) and other sorts of comments, by the right wing of politics and the press, I'm pretty keen on it not flowing in either direction. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to show up the inadequacy of an argument.

If you have a problem with a politician, put it up in a coherent way rather than one that is supposedly a "joke".

Agree with them or not, as a human being, they deserve respect.

I'll leave it at that

Den, all it takes is for one person to take it as something that might be acceptable.

All I'm saying is, treat all people with respect, especially politicians, for they put themselves up front.

Disagree with them by all means, but to vilify them is demeaning for them, for democracy, and it does not enhance the argument against them, rather the opposite, as it shows a lack of evidence to counter what they are standing for.

All "having a go at a pollie" does, is it makes any up and comer think, "why should i put myself up for potential ridicule".

It's killing democracy.

Perhaps we should ask Rosie for her thoughts on this.

"Treat people with respect"  Over the top?

"Disagree with them by all means"  Over the top?

"..why should I put myself up for ridicule"  Over the top?

",,ask Rosie..." Over the top?

I like to engage with my politicians, either by a winge about something or by letting them know of a problem, possible solution, or other.

If they were discussing the same issue as we are at present, then I would.

Not trying to wind up anyone, I just feel that the vilification of politicians is wrong, when it come to saying that they should be belted round the head.

Disagree with them all you want, but do it in a respectful manner. Once you start attacking them personally and not what they are standing for, is the moment you have lost the discussion.

That is not a wind up, if anything, it decency.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

So what have the Tories been doing for the last 7 years, 6 of those your glorious leader was Home Secretary. They've had plenty of time to implement the things you list. I'll tell you what they've done, absolutely nothing except cutting budgets. Admit it Chaddy, the Tories are weak on crime and weak on the causes of crime. Including terrorism. May is pathetic and weak and blah blah blah

BTW if people are found guilty of terrorism they go to prison. It's a bit late deporting them by then. Sounds like a classic Tory policy i.e. useless.

The counter terrorism budget has gone up NOT DOWN!!!

I would fellow the German model on this. start deporting them all these extremists.

Lets stop being weak and soft on these because keep mention their human rights and lets not forget that Courts keep blocking control orders

Extremists and Terrorists don't deserve protect from Human Rights laws

we have stopped 5 more attacks within the 3 months

But why has Corbyn not backed once anti terror legislations since becoming as MP? so why?

would you trust Corbyn and Abbott to protect the UK?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The counter terrorism budget has gone up NOT DOWN!!!

I would fellow the German model on this. start deporting them all these extremists.

Lets stop being weak and soft on these because keep mention their human rights and lets not forget that Courts keep blocking control orders

Extremists and Terrorists don't deserve protect from Human Rights laws

we have stopped 5 more attacks within the 3 months

But why has Corbyn not backed once anti terror legislations since becoming as MP? so why?

would you trust Corbyn and Abbott to protect the UK?

The counter terrorisms increased budget does not include the loss of the same about in police overall. From memory of the debate, they've put 10bn in 7 years into CT but taken 14bn in total out of the police force. Figures might be a bit "Hammond".

Extremist don't deserve the same rights, I agree but you've ignored the point about interment without trial and then ultimately release; it causes friction and anger. Wouldn't you be @#/? off of you had been incarcerated because of someone saying you said/did something you didn't ?

May has been home sec and pm for 7 years. She's failed to make us secure, on that I'd take Corbyn, Abbot, Eagle, Farron or even the Greens over her on security! 

Archived