BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I believe Den's was actually tongue in cheek

Of course it was, but for some reason two or three apparently moralistic people weren't around when I was trying to contradict or oppose what I believed were very many racist or Xenophobist posts that we've had on here. 

Not a peep from those people then for some reason. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big dilemma for the Tories coming up if they do win. Do they replace Saint Teresa right away or do they wait until she makes a complete balls up of the Brexit  negotiations ? Another dilemma for them, who do they replace her with out of all the nonentities in the cabinet. Let's face it nobody has had a good campaign for the Tories. None of the established so called  " big hitters " have been allowed to show their faces. I see the buffoon was wheeled out at the last minute to try and put some life into a deathly campaign.

Putting  my neutral hat on for a minute I'm honestly disturbed by Saint Teresa's propensity for flip flopping under pressure. The latest example is her willingness to throw our hard won human rights out of the window not long after saying  she wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Big dilemma for the Tories coming up if they do win. Do they replace Saint Teresa right away or do they wait until she makes a complete balls up of the Brexit  negotiations ? Another dilemma for them, who do they replace her with out of all the nonentities in the cabinet. Let's face it nobody has had a good campaign for the Tories. None of the established so called  " big hitters " have been allowed to show their faces. I see the buffoon was wheeled out at the last minute to try and put some life into a deathly campaign.

Putting  my neutral hat on for a minute I'm honestly disturbed by Saint Teresa's propensity for flip flopping under pressure. The latest example is her willingness to throw our hard won human rights out of the window not long after saying  she wouldn't.

I see Dianne Abbot has been replaced due to 'illness'. I feel it's several months too late, I'm not saying this in jest but she's been showing signs of not being quite right for ages,

As for May - well, who can trust a sound-bite PM that bottles out of TV debates to be able to negotiate with some of those anti-UK idiots in the EU?

Politics is indeed in disarray.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yet another U-turn - that makes 10 in 12 months and this one just 2 days before an election. It's remarkable that anyone would trust her to be PM. 

I also don't think they would see a hard Brexit, or no deal, as a balls-up. It's what the Tory hard right wants - a complete break from Europe

9 minutes ago, Husky said:

As for May - well, who can trust a sound-bite PM that bottles out of TV debates to be able to negotiate with some of those anti-UK idiots in the EU?

The "negotiations" won't get even past first base. For starters, the EU wants us to settle our "bill" for leaving, which is £60bn or more.  May's "advisers" in the right wing press will be frothing at the mouth if we pay even a penny.

I firmly believe there will not be any "deal" to speak of, nor does May want any deal.

There's another aspect to this: why does May having a larger majority post-election give her a stronger hand in the negotiations? The EU negotiators couldn't care less whether she has a majority of 10 or 100 - they have their positions regardless of the result. 

9 minutes ago, Husky said:

I see Dianne Abbot has been replaced due to 'illness'. I feel it's several months too late, I'm not saying this in jest but she's been showing signs of not being quite right for ages,

Forgetfulness and seemingly not "with it". Anyone with elderly relatives knows what it means. 

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Forgetfulness and seemingly not "with it". Anyone with elderly relatives knows what it means. 

Regardless of people's views on political views this, if correct and I see your point, is tragic for anyone and even more so at a relatively young age. 

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The "negotiations" won't get even past first base. For starters, the EU wants us to settle our "bill" for leaving, which is £60bn or more.  May's "advisers" in the right wing press will be frothing at the mouth if we pay even a penny.

I firmly believe there will not be any "deal" to speak of, nor does May want any deal.

There's another aspect to this: why does May having a larger majority post-election give her a stronger hand in the negotiations? The EU negotiators couldn't care less whether she has a majority of 10 or 100 - they have their positions regardless of the result. 

Without doubt the most likely outcome of the entire farce that was the referendum and now Brexit.

• Backroom

I tend not to discuss politics, I consider myself not quite intelligent enough to debate the finer details of it without rehashing other opinions and propaganda.

Reading back a little bit here it's clear some people don't subscribe to that same belief!

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, Biz said:

Best summary of the gutter press you've probably heard today.

Well done lad, for not letting the presenter divert!

Nail on head.

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I've never been a big fan of hers Jim but it's been obvious that something has been wrong both physically and mentally with Dianne Abbot during this campaign. She was usually quite smooth in her delivery wether you liked what she was saying or not.

I suffered from depression many years ago and I can see how she may be in the same downward spiral. Only my family and close friends could see there was something wrong, to a stranger I would appear quite normal , but inside I was far from that.

With a bit of luck she'll get over it, I feel I have. In spite of the Chicken Chokers doing their best to depress me again.

8 hours ago, Biz said:

Are seriously still talking about the "may tap on head" post? Honestly?

After all of the racial hatred and xenophobic comments? 

In other news- the media has one last shot. It shows how paranoid they are to focus on this "terrorist" sympathiser BS.

The sun and mail today are disgusting. I won't be quoting or linking to that level of @#/?. 

We all expect a Tory majority tomorrow, but personally I think those tactics will lose Theresa May credibility, and I think she'll be gone sooner rather than later!

I saw the headlines at a petrol station today. The gutter  press is a cancer on the body politic. I'll never ever forgive Tony Blair for not dealing with these evil @#/?s when he had a mandate as long as your arm. The first rule of politics - Reward Your Friends And Punish Your Enemies. The Sun and The Mail are enemies of the people, they should be dealt with.

£50 to see your doctor

£100 to see a dr or nurse in A&E

£250-300 a night for a stay in hospital

£150 for an ambulance

That's the costs in Ireland (OK in euros)

This is what people like Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson are advocating.

Back May, and this what you are pushing us towards.

Just now, Baz said:

£50 to see your doctor

£100 to see a dr or nurse in A&E

£250-300 a night for a stay in hospital

£150 for an ambulance

That's the costs in Ireland (OK in euros)

This is what people like Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson are advocating.

Back May, and this what you are pushing us towards.

That's cheap in America.  Count your blessings.

11 hours ago, den said:

Of course it was, but for some reason two or three apparently moralistic people weren't around when I was trying to contradict or oppose what I believed were very many racist or Xenophobist posts that we've had on here. 

Not a peep from those people then for some reason. 

I’m not sure what one issue has got to do with the other. Racist language is never acceptable – but then nobody is arguing that it is. Neither is hateful, misogynistic, or threatening language. Excuses like “it's the kind of thing I've heard many times” and ‘it was a tongue-in-cheek’ doesn’t make it right.

Telling jokes about violently assaulting female politicians might seem harmless enough banter to you, and hilarious to your mates, but every implicit, and in your case explicit, acceptance of violence allows it to flourish.

Your language - on a public discussion thread about UK politics - helps transmit the kind of atmosphere where violence is acceptable. Eventually, as we saw with the case of the MP Jo Cox, someone gets hurt.

If either you, or Paul, had anything about you, you would accept that your language was unacceptable, and apologise.

Just now, BaldEagle said:

I’m not sure what one issue has got to do with the other. Racist language is never acceptable – but then nobody is arguing that it is. Neither is hateful, misogynistic, or threatening language. Excuses like “it's the kind of thing I've heard many times” and ‘it was a tongue-in-cheek’ doesn’t make it right.

Telling jokes about violently assaulting female politicians might seem harmless enough banter to you, and hilarious to your mates, but every implicit, and in your case explicit, acceptance of violence allows it to flourish.

Your language - on a public discussion thread about UK politics - helps transmit the kind of atmosphere where violence is acceptable. Eventually, as we saw with the case of the MP Jo Cox, someone gets hurt.

If either you, or Paul, had anything about you, you would accept that your language was unacceptable, and apologise.

You appear oddly obsessed for someone who has been a member on here for less than a week, and made 10 posts in total. I'm guessing your a banned member who has re-registered and with an axe to grind?

Any thoughts on the Election?

Just now, BaldEagle said:

I can't believe this is still running. Of all the truly terrible things going on in the World you need to keep returning to this. Of course violence against women is wrong and I totally agree with you about all the other " isms " you mention. I've fought against them all my life and I've found out what the inside of a police cell looks like doing it.

I've also still got a sense of humour. Nobody was seriously advocating violence against Teresa May or any other woman, to me that was obvious.

I see you're new to the site. It's a good job you weren't here before certain posters defected. You'd have had to lie down in a darkened room.

Archived