BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, Biz said:

I'd take Corbyn, Abbot, Eagle, Farron or even the Greens over her on security! 

haha.

Really?

Corbyn voted against all anti terror laws over his MP career

Abbott who cant be trusted by the Labour Party to go on TV without making herself looking thick, clueless

Farron has enough problems with his own positions at the minite

Greens? will they even have a MP after this election

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, den said:

But now they commit to taking on an extra 10000 police. May, again, wouldn't answer the question.

The same Corbyn who wont vote for anti terror legislation just once to protect the Country during his career as MP?

why wont he vote for laws to protect the UK citizens?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

haha.

Really?

Abbott who cant be trusted by the Labour Party to go on TV without making herself looking thick, clueless

What about the rest of my post?

Corbyn also said in 2003- that these foreign conflicts should be dealt with differently or they'll end up causing more problems down the line.

"It will set off a spiral of conflict, of hate, of misery, of desperation that will fuel the wars, the conflict, the terrorism, the depression and the misery of future generations."

He also said in 2015 that the community police cuts are going to impact security.

Do I trust someone who's been saying "enough is enough" for 10+ years or someone who has actually had the chance to make a difference and failed?

Easy answer every time.

The same Corbyn who wont vote for anti terror legislation just once to protect the Country during his career as MP?

why wont he vote for laws to protect the UK citizens?

Sacking 20000 policemen and taking 1000 armed policemen off the streets isn't going to make us safer. It can only make us less secure. 

haha.

Really?

Mathew d'Ancona in today's Guardian.

" That said the Conservatives have an un-even record when it comes to anti-terror measures - which, during their Liberterian phase, they frequently obstructed. In March 2005, for instance, the Tory whips brayed that they were off to un-cork the champagne, having forced the Labour government to insert an automatic expiry date into it's prevention of terrorism bill. What a revolting spectacle ".

36 minutes ago, Biz said:

What about the rest of my post?

Corbyn also said in 2003- that these foreign conflicts should be dealt with differently or they'll end up causing more problems down the line.

"It will set off a spiral of conflict, of hate, of misery, of desperation that will fuel the wars, the conflict, the terrorism, the depression and the misery of future generations."

He also said in 2015 that the community police cuts are going to impact security.

Do I trust someone who's been saying "enough is enough" for 10+ years or someone who has actually had the chance to make a difference and failed?

Easy answer every time.

the same Corbyn who wont voted to protect me and the nation against terrorism by voting against Anti terror legislation?

25 minutes ago, den said:

Sacking 20000 policemen and taking 1000 armed policemen off the streets isn't going to make us safer. It can only make us less secure. 

either is a Career MP Corbyn voting against anti terror legislation time after time?

which side is Corbyn on when it comes to protect the nation cos it aint my side

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

the same Corbyn who wont voted to protect me and the nation against terrorism by voting against Anti terror legislation?

either is a Career MP Corbyn voting against anti terror legislation time after time?

Just a bloody sound bite you. The same kinda bloke that would be wearing a "Make America Great Again" cap if you lived in the US. Honestly, I can take debating with a conservative voter if they have based their opinions on stuff other than newspaper headlines. Literally EVERYTHING you have said is basically a clip of some headline/sub head line that has been in either the Sun or the Mail over the past 3 weeks.

How is Corbyn on anyones side other than the British? He's a long-standing MP that is an advocate for peace. Why is his unwillingness to wage war considered some bad trait? Furthermore, why is his unwillingness to vote on horrid surveillance laws that are being suggested considered a negative? Read up on the things he's voted against before criticising him.

Oh and before you say you have, I don't mean the bullet points the Sun publishes about it. I mean read up. There's a reason these things are often forced through in crisis times.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anyone can call their bill whatever the hell they like. Try looking beyond the title.

Name a single provision in those 'anti-terror' bills.

You can't because you are simply regurgitating talking points.

Corbyn felt the law enabled too much executive power without oversight from the commons , not because he is indifferent to terror attacks.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

You seem to have forgotten British humour Dave. Neither post is a serious suggestion anyone should harm Theresa May.

In case you laughed, let me help you: it wasn’t funny. The notion that women should be beaten isn't funny.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You just repeated yourself again. You've got to learn to either move from the argument, justify why you think certain opinions warrant more respect than others or at the very least, offer more.

1, The discussion on Corbyns voting record has been done, why come back to it? As you may remember, their track records are similar and there is plenty of research that says some of those methods cause more problems. Paul Nuttall said "nothing should be taken off the table" and even discussed water boarding, do I think he'd make us safer? Yea right, if safer means the exact opposite!

2. The rest of the post makes no sense. Both are career politicians, although I can't tell if you said that or not.

Ill give you an example; I'm hypothetically looking at it from your side and listing three reasons why I think others might prefer May in terms of security;

1. May will have a bigger majority if she gets in rather than a hung parliament or coalition, thus decisions can happen faster.

2. May is from a more right wing party so they will make decisions that kill people easily, which is better for defence.

3. May has a experience talking to foreign leaders so should command respect.

Now, I don't even support her, and I can think of negatives to all those examples but I just offered more answers than you could, and I DONT EVEN THINK SHE WOULD BE BETTER!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh my life. Just because he is against the legislation doesn't mean he is pro terrorisim, for the love of god.

43 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

Oh my life. Just because he is against the legislation doesn't mean he is pro terrorisim, for the love of god.

Exactly , just concentrate on his past support for terrorist organisations (or freedom fighters  or friends as he has referred to them) for that :) 

Obviously he does not support them now, there is an election on the horizon.

Corbyn Calls for May's resignation over police cuts LINK

If he has any ambition to win the election , he should be hoping she does not resign before Thursday, she is a car crash in motion at the minute

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Exactly , just concentrate on his past support for terrorist organisations (or freedom fighters  or friends as he has referred to them) for that :) 

Obviously he does not support them now, there is an election on the horizon.

Examples?

1. Calling Hamas "friends" sounds far worse out of context than it does with the full discussion. Bit like saying Sadiq Khan says London should accept terrorism as "part and parcel" of the place without actually reading the article. People do this sort of (sic) stuff to twist words to make a point through misrepresentation, bit like the "white trash" debacle.

If the press didn't constantly do this, you'd get far less platitude and non-answers from politicians! 

PS - freedom fighters was someone else wasn't it? What was the context of that? 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The counter terrorism budget has gone up NOT DOWN!!!

I would fellow the German model on this. start deporting them all these extremists.

Lets stop being weak and soft on these because keep mention their human rights and lets not forget that Courts keep blocking control orders

Extremists and Terrorists don't deserve protect from Human Rights laws

we have stopped 5 more attacks within the 3 months

But why has Corbyn not backed once anti terror legislations since becoming as MP? so why?

would you trust Corbyn and Abbott to protect the UK?

Under Mays watch the number of authorised Firearm officers has decreased by 19% since 2010.

The number of police officers by 18,991.

All to fund corporation tax cuts.

10 hours ago, dave birch said:

It saddens me to see some of the comments on here about their politicians.

Now, I dislike our (Australian) right wing pollies, but I could never wish they were physically harmed, despite what they say about those that I support.

Is this what Britain is coming to?

Of all the tasteless posts on the message board in the past few days, this is the one you choose to pick up on? It's almost like you are trying to derail the discussion.

read but clearly Baz has a problem and instead of saying it we go around the block again

The irony of you saying we go around the block again ?

So what do you think to the comment of the Student?  Do you think she has beenmisquoted,  do you feel if the quote is in relation to Israel she has a Point? 

• Backroom
5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

and Corbyn and his front bench said they could cut another 10% of the Police budget in 2015

didn't armed police forces/ SAS Blue Thunder group killed these 3 terrorists with 8 minutes from the 1st emergency phone call

In London, yes. Had this taken place in Blackburn or Darwen, it would've been a far longer affair (fewer police just means fewer police in towns and villages).

Just now, Baz said:

I'll take that as a no

She sounds clued up to me, the quote that Chaddy has talked up is about Palestine/Israel which is not exactly the least complicated global concern is it? One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter, precisely why western funded civil wars often cause us to be despised in countries completely decimated by the weapons we sold someone else! It's quite simple, if your house is destroyed - the people who dropped the bomb, dropped the "terror". 

Perspective seems lost on posters who rely on singular sound bites like; Strong and Stable (9 u turns), get the best brexit (voted remain) and Enough is Enough (only in 7th year of having power/say on defence/security).

The comments below by the alt right guy are heinous.

Just now, Baz said:

The irony of you saying we go around the block again ?

So what do you think to the comment of the Student?  Do you think she has beenmisquoted,  do you feel if the quote is in relation to Israel she has a Point? 

I posted a link but past no judgement on the article.

I wont be comment on it.

someone mention Corbyn and freedom fighters and I google it and found the story then posted the link. That's is all.

I wont be posting my views on here

Archived