BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

26 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes chaddy, and the NHS will get an extra £350m a week like it said on the side of the bus. Or maybe not. 

Time to get this straight. Britain is set on leaving the world’s richest single market in order to re-apply for access on much less favourable terms to the very same market. 

By 2019 we will be the only significant European economy sitting outside all three of the continent’s trading blocs — the European Economic Area, the European Free Trade Area as well as the EU.

None of it makes sense.

From an economic point of view, it doesn't get any blacker nor whiter than that. Every Politician knows it too.

Dark times ahead.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hasta said:

We make good money from Germany. They make good money from us. All of that business is not at risk. We will definitely still be trading with European countries whatever the deal.

A portion of it may be if tariffs are applied (which I doubt they will be to major markets)

If you are so convinced it's definite, what % / £ / job number is at risk? 

The only deal May is talking about in the media is no deal, and if so our economy may well tank (40% tariff on farmers etc) - think through the consequences on buying German cars if that's the case. 

Interesting QT tonight, I won't call it a debate, as Theresa seems unable to do that.

Tory supporters seem very concerned about us getting in first hit in a nuclear holocaust. Is that healthy?

May given such an easy ride by Dimbleby, he moved on every awkward question as quickly as he could. Shame for May there was so many.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes chaddy, and the NHS will get an extra £350m a week like it said on the side of the bus. Or maybe not. 

Time to get this straight. Britain is set on leaving the world’s richest single market in order to re-apply for access on much less favourable terms to the very same market. 

By 2019 we will be the only significant European economy sitting outside all three of the continent’s trading blocs — the European Economic Area, the European Free Trade Area as well as the EU.

None of it makes sense.

We had a vote and the voters made their choice. And it was tell to leave the EU. 52% Made their choice. 

Lets see what type of deal we get. 

Lots of EU countries will need to trade with them. 

We can also made better trade deals with USA, Canada, India, Brazil and Japan. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We had a vote and the voters made their choice. And it was tell to leave the EU. 52% Made their choice. 

We can also made better trade deals with USA, Canada, India, Brazil and Japan. 

You've said the same thing a hundred times, why not actually discuss the potential outcomes for once.

Why dont you Biz if it actually bothering u so much?

I've tried but it always comes back to "brexit means brexit" which sheds absolutely no light on what it can, will, could or should mean for the country. Just repeating yourself. I could try a question (or loaded question for those who don't like the answers) like WTF do airbus do if they manufacture parts in U.K. but assemble in France?

Why do you completely ignore what we've got "Toulouse"

Bad night for Corbyn?

http://dailym.ai/2rB7dMj

I'm more worried about the state of people baying for a nuclear war. Funny how BJohnson said it's pointless answering hypothetical questions but absolutely lays into Corbyn for not giving a simple answer to being asked "will you press the red button or what?" 5 times.

Just now, Biz said:

I've tried but it always comes back to "brexit means brexit" which sheds absolutely no light on what it can, will, could or should mean for the country. Just repeating yourself. I could try a question (or loaded question for those who don't like the answers) like WTF do airbus do if they manufacture parts in U.K. but assemble in France?

Why do you completely ignore what we've got "Toulouse"

I'm more worried about the state of people baying for a nuclear war. Funny how BJohnson said it's pointless answering hypothetical questions but absolutely lays into Corbyn for not giving a simple answer to being asked "will you press the red button or what?" 5 times.

The latest David Davis thing is that people need to be positive. Like the british public having a positive attitude will have any effect on the outcome.

It's just platitudes to make the debate go away and stop asking pesky questions.

About time May backed her previous conviction that post Brexit we will be poorer. It's what the 52% voted for, in order to reduce immigration (and for more money for the NHS).

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We can also made better trade deals with USA, Canada, India, Brazil and Japan

Ah yes, the Magic Trade Tree.

Just now, Baz said:

The latest David Davis thing is that people need to be positive. Like the british public having a positive attitude will have any effect on the outcome.

It's just platitudes to make the debate go away and stop asking pesky questions.

About time May backed her previous conviction that post Brexit we will be poorer. It's what the 52% voted for, in order to reduce immigration (and for more money for the NHS).

The platitude to avoid debate has been evident in this election from the start, more than ever. Did you see Theresa's answers printed in the Plymouth newspaper? Also a nurse who's had 8 straight years of pay cuts and a further 3 to come was told "there is no magic money tree" by Theresa! That won't win over public sector workers.

Just now, Biz said:

The platitude to avoid debate has been evident in this election from the start, more than ever. Did you see Theresa's answers printed in the Plymouth newspaper? Also a nurse who's had 8 straight years of pay cuts and a further 3 to come was told "there is no magic money tree" by Theresa! That won't win over public sector workers.

The arrogance of May has cost her a landslide. 

Too arrogant to debate

Too arrogant to meet the public

Too arrogant to cost her policies

Too arrogant to admit the dementia tax was an error, and too arrogant to admit she has no idea where the cap may be.

Taking British voters and votes for granted. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bad night for Corbyn?

To paraphrase Mandy Rice Davies - " They would say that wouldn't they ".

The bias reminds me of a headline in the old " Manchester Evening News " Football Pink " quite a few years ago.

It said -," United in six goal thriller ". 

They'd just lost 5-1 at Newcastle !

6 hours ago, Baz said:

Mainly right-wing, but why bother quoting them if you know they are biased?

Most media and people are baised one way or other

I havent seen the debate as I was working

Just now, Batman. said:

I've tried my best Chaddy, but you're a lost cause.

Cos I wont agree with you and your politics views..

If i wasn't convinced that you're currently leaning on your arse and sat on your elbow I'd do what so many others have tried and failed which is to try and engage with you.

The fact you keep quoting the Daily Mail and The Sun with a sense of "well it must be true if it's here" suggests you're a few cent short of a Franc. The same would apply to The Guardian and the like, but despite the sheer volume of LEFT WING NUTTERS on here, that doesn't happen.

You're incapable of forming your own argument, and every attempt to debate with you has bordered on attempting subtle innuendo on an autistic goat.

If you're on the wind up, I would take it all back and label you a "genius." Otherwise I'm gonna prioritise reading my "ADD*50**&INCHES#@TO#^YOUR^^$COCK//^NIGERIAN*&FORMULA::ONLY**#£1000" e-mails over trying to engage in a political "debate" with you.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look, Chaddy nobody wants you to just agree with them, it's the acceptance of certain things, and the way it's discussed. It's like if someone gave you 50 reasons good or bad for brexit, you've responded with "that's democracy"... why not make an observation on what else could happen, or speculate some positivity?

Believe it or not, this discussion needs differing views or it ends up like another website I can think of. All I would ask is try to avoid saying the same things if people are saying things that impact that.

I admire your optimism with footy, you know that. Seeing your content in the transfer thread reminds of the famous Shakespeare quote; "the only medicine for misery is hope" or something someone more literate might remember! 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bad night for Corbyn?

Bad night for Corbyn? Have you watched it?

I've watched the Leaders QT twice now. It's no wonder Maybot won't debate with Corbyn, he would wipe the floor with her. Articulate, thoughtful, direct, serious, thinks on his feet, caring.

Every time I hear this man speak the more convinced I become we simply have to elect him next week. There really is no other choice.

"I don't understand why everyone seems so keen on killing millions of people with nuclear weapons" Perhaps the Daily Mail readers would like to answer this young woman?

9 hours ago, Baz said:

If you are so convinced it's definite, what % / £ / job number is at risk? 

The only deal May is talking about in the media is no deal, and if so our economy may well tank (40% tariff on farmers etc) - think through the consequences on buying German cars if that's the case. 

I don't know. I just know it's not all 48% .

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Bad night for Corbyn? Have you watched it?

I've watched the Leaders QT twice now. It's no wonder Maybot won't debate with Corbyn, he would wipe the floor with her. Articulate, thoughtful, direct, serious, thinks on his feet, caring.

Every time I hear this man speak the more convinced I become we simply have to elect him next week. There really is no other choice.

"I don't understand why everyone seems so keen on killing millions of people with nuclear weapons" Perhaps the Daily Mail readers would like to answer this young woman?

Would not class myself as a Daily Mail reader , dip in and out the full range of papers at some point during the week, but

It think it is a fair question to ask a potential leader of the country and demand an answer from, considering that particular person's history regarding Nuclear weapons. As for the womens comments , well it is not a case of people being keen on killing millions of people , it is people wanting to know if a potential leader of the country has the balls to defend the country in case of attack rather than get out the (by then radioactive) tea and biscuits and discuss it with the aggressor. 

To be fair to him he did say he would not use it as a first strike, which any rational person would agree with.

Much as the argument that the EU has been responsible for peace in Europe (obviously ignoring the wars involving non EU members in Europe) , it could be argued that having a nuclear deterrent has had the same effect, no nukes dropped in anger since 1945.

p.s still not got around to watching the full latest debate yet, but no doubt Corbyn's public persona has improved from what I have seen, still comes across as somebody who would be great leading a campaign to get a school crossing in place, as for leader of the country far from convinced, too many unanswered questions.

One person who has impressed me and is in the shadow cabinet on merit and not union request, to full pc quotas or are darlings of the pc brigade  is Kier Starmer, a non career politician who has lived outside the political bubble,  comes across as trustworthy whether I agree with all he says or not. Apparently was asked to stand as candidate in the Labour leadership but felt that being in politics for only a couple of years was not ready. (in my view that is exactly why he should have stood before he became part of the problem with politicians)

Archived