BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, DE. said:

Will potentially mean more seats for SNP and less for the Cons, by the looks of it...

Possibly- could be between SNP and Labour too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Baz said:

Possibly- could be between SNP and Labour too.

I read that up to 17 seats were given to the Tories in Scotland, but based on how close those seats are it could actually be only 7 or 8. An increase on 17 for the Conservatives would be optimistic.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Assuming a hung parliament will that mean another election? 

Only two options if the exit poll is right. Either a coalition or another election.

Personally I think a national coalition between Conservatives and Labour could be possible in that eventuality as it would be such a total @#/? show and there would be no guarantee another election would return a strong majority for any party.

Just now, DE. said:

I read that up to 17 seats were given to the Tories in Scotland, but based on how close those seats are it could actually be only 7 or 8. An increase on 17 for the Conservatives would be optimistic.

You know more details than me then. Logically the SNP can only go down, but 22 seats sounds a lot, and I can't see them losing 1/2 of those to the Tories though.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Only two options if the exit poll is right. Either a coalition or another election.

Personally I think a national coalition between Conservatives and Labour could be possible in  that eventuality.

The Tories working with Corbyn - really ? 

• Backroom
Just now, Baz said:

You know more details than me then. Logically the SNP can only go down, but 22 seats sounds a lot, and I can't see them losing 1/2 of those to the Tories though.

I'm just reading tweets from people with far better knowledge than me tbh. I really didn't want to stay up late tonight...

• Backroom

If the SNP do lose seats to the Tories then they really screwed up by going in so hard on a second Scottish referendum, which is definitely not as well supported as they wanted to believe.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Hold your horses chaps. YouGuv's Peter Kellner says the swing to Labour in Newcastle is 2 points; that's less than the 7 points of the exit polls

BBC been reporting wrong swing percentages, Sky seem to think results in line with exit poll?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Reading around various sites the exit poll is looking increasingly dodgy. Tories actually increased voting share in sunderland sth

Tories picking up ukip vote.

• Backroom

I think it's just that the postal vote has been under estimated and they tend to be the older generation.

Sadly still think a Tory majority 

In the two S'land seats and the Newcastle one it is the UKIP vote that is being split between the two main parties, with about two thirds going to the Tories. Not surprising in major leave areas like S'land. In those areas the exit poll is out in favour of the Tories. But Hastings and Croydon are heading to Labour which the exit polls didn't predict.

Going to be an interesting night.

Archived