BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Moved handbags from the Annual Season Ticket Poll thread

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I've continually asked you as the only individual who took offence at the time to define what was racial about that post? To date nothing, i wonder why.

Seriously? You called someone a 'racial fantasist' who was describing the abuse they received as a black footballer in the 70's and 80'. Then you called another black footballer a racial fantasist. You can't get more racial than that. :wacko: It starts on page 40 of the 'Futbol,Le Foot, Voetbal' thread. It's funny to read, especially the bit where you say the black footballer shouldn't be able to talk about his past and that, and I quote, "The article serves no purpose to today's free and open society".:lol:

I could be wrong but you and Meadows appear to be the same identity.

You are wrong, as I've explained to you before. Have you ever thought that two people might think you have race issues, and not just one :rolleyes:

Frequent likes of each ones posts, regular linking to the same blog, spelling and grammar mistakes in the same places.

You're paranoid. I've probably liked more of your posts than his in my time here, and I've liked about 3 of yours.  I think bad spelling and grammar are universal, just look how you spell 'temerity', but if you can spot any patterns that suggest me and meadows are the same person then be my guest and quote them? As for his blog I sometimes link it's because it's about the club we all support. Other people link it too. Are we all the same person?

I've asked numerous times what you do etc and you avoid the question but have the teremity to link "incoherent" EDL types to people I may know. Interesting.

Why on earth would I tell you what I do for a living, and what has that got to do with a comical video of some bloke at an EDL rally?

Would love to chat but I'm taking the lady to the country club!

She's a lucky lady.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, AmericanRover12 said:

Correct on being a member site, that anyone can sign up for and use. And posts are made to be posted and shared here, but often are posted elsewhere, even by BRFCS itself. https://twitter.com/brfcsdotcom

Your speculation on why the screenshot is posted is noted, and will go without comment from me. The poster was not targeted, as username was left out. The post was not edited in such a way that message or words were misconstrued / manipulated, and was commented on as any other article, post, tweet, blog, or media would be by the Twitter user commenting on a post. Is your issue with the screenshot itself? Would you have preferred a link to the post directly? (something you are able to do as well.)

Based on everything outlined above, yes.

If you think managing topics and discussions in that format is easier, then by all means go ahead. I find forums to be much more effective at containing different dialogues from many users.

Disagree with the first bold highlight. You read the strapline, didn't you?

"Never far from a bit of casual racism on BRFCS".

When called out, he suggests that the original poster should have clarified his wording and to have a nice day. That would have been fair enough if he hasn't already suggested the poster was making a racist comment on his twitter feed (read by his followers - just in case you struggle with the 'speculation').

Second highlight, I agree. Only problem is that others shoot down opinions by using words like 'racist' when they are incapable of debate. Made worse that the repost was on a different medium than that which it was first quoted. Pretty cowardly in my view. And designed only to besmirch the long standing BRFCS community.

I'm surprised @Glenn isn't more concerned about this part. But hey, it's his site.

Dunn fc did not believe his comments were racist. Perhaps you could educate him as to why you feel they are instead of racing over to Twitter to post your thoughts?

For instance, are all migrants/immigrants of a different race to you and I? If not, then why have you reacted the way you have? As an example, do you think that migrant workers cohabiting and working for much lower wages, which are often sent back to their families overseas, whilst driving down wages for struggling Blackburn families is a good thing for the economics of the town? If you do, then does that mean anyone who disagrees with that view is automatically a racist - or just has a different perspective (or even experience)? Genuinely interested in your thoughts. That is, if you can stop throwing the R word around for a couple of minutes.

Just now, meadows said:

Ah, these foreigners coming over pinching our jobs and driving our own folks' wages down ..... How could anybody possibly construe your well backed-up and statistically proven  ramblings as backing up the original racist and inflammatory post about how we should have fought back the tide of migrants eh?What was he suggesting? Cudgels and clubs at the Trafalgar traffic lights or something? 

Abhorrent drivel. If it means so much to you to fall out with someone for the sake of it that you'll back up an overtly xenophobic post just send me an abusive DM and get it out your system at least that way you won't come over as a bit of a div to one and all. 

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a racist. I guess you've just proven my point.

Goodbye Meadows.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Disagree with the first bold highlight. You read the strapline, didn't you?

"Never far from a bit of casual racism on BRFCS".

This is very semantic I know, but surely you can admit that the post itself was unedited and the tweet expressed how the Tweeter felt about the remark. The remark was left unedited for anyone to interpret and feel however they'd like. The one user felt it racist. Anyone is free to make up their own mind, and call the tweeter out of they disagree or start up a dialogue as to why. All of these details are very important as to why I feel it was okay. 

To Summarize:

1. A witch hunt was not started, as identifying info had been left out.
  2. The post text was unedited, leaving any reader to draw their own conclusions from the actual post.
  3. The Tweeter posted an addition; a personal feeling about what they thought the post represented, furthering discussion.

At the risk of being repetitive and tedious I'll leave this alone unless someone wants to delve further along.

• Moderation Lead

Sharing posts from here on Twitter is more than a little embarrassing. Like when people from the other Rovers forum (and vice versa) were reporting what happened on the other forum on here and vice versa. 

Still, the weather has been wonderful today, why on earth would people rather be bickering on here than enjoying the sunshine one way or another? To each their own, I suppose....

39 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Still, the weather has been wonderful today, why on earth would people rather be bickering on here than enjoying the sunshine one way or another? To each their own, I suppose....

One day them boffins might invent devices you can take outside.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Sharing posts from here on Twitter is more than a little embarrassing. Like when people from the other Rovers forum (and vice versa) were reporting what happened on the other forum on here and vice versa. 

Agreed. It's very petty. 

11 hours ago, AmericanRover12 said:

This is where we disagree, there's been many cases which reinforce the exact opposite of this notion, again in the US. Although at this point, I suspect that you know all this and are fighting it for reasons known only to you.:rolleyes:

It's ok to disagree i don't take exception. 

Perhaps you could enlighten me to those cases, i'd be intrigued?

I'll be honest your almost astute at your own US laws but your conceivably acknowledging the DCMA and server requirements of USA. If an act has gone in another jurisdiction that isall in which would suffice. 

Not that I'm initiating an argument but i found it almost profound you could comment US laws but not those of the UK which relate to content publishing in your posts and as such only quoted the first two lines of my last post to you which are US. 

1 hour ago, meadows said:

I'm quite happy to be "embarrassing" by exposing on other platforms abhorrent views of Blackburn Rovers fans expressed In anti-immigrant Farage/Tommy Robinson language, bemoaning the fact that the "town has been overrun WITHOUT A FIGHT"

What have you "exposed" exactly your inability to understand what a racist is or the fact you seem to repeatadly lie James? 

Quite frankly the only thing embarrassing is this whole thread in which you initially took of course on some agenda and cannot prove.

you do realise Farage is a politician and former MEP? Whilst you might not agree directly with him it's an opinion.

wind your neck in pal, your boring and the fact you cannot apologise for your actions shows you up for what a repugnant person you really are.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

One day them boffins might invent devices you can take outside.

I was just questioning the use of time really. If only it was possible to log off from here...

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I was just questioning the use of time really. If only it was possible to log off from here...

Well, no, you suggested people should go out in the sunshine.

Of course it's possible to log off from here. The reason there was activity on the site was that certain members of this community were responding to an ignorant and racially inflammatory post that was targeted, aggressively, at racial minorities in the wider community. Now, you might be fine with that but I'm not. If I wanted to read right-wing views on immigration I'd go to The Daily Mail or the EDL website (if they have one). I don't want to read it in a discussion on Rovers transfers.

So to your point, which was a glib way of saying 'have you lot got nothing better to do' my answer would be 'yes', but if someone wants to post ignorant nonsense on a messageboard then they can expect a response, whether it's peeing down or bright blue skies, whether I'm on top of a mountain or tucked up in bed.

Anyway, It's ironic that someone who dedicates a fair chunk of their time as 'backroom' (are you a mod again?) would feel the need to comment negatively on others giving up their time to contribute. Do you an have actual opinion on the content of the discussion?

It isn't technically breaking any laws to repost anything from here in the way James has done. It's just slightly embarrassing more than anything.

But the Controller has no shame and spends his days in part-retirement trawling the internet for people to pick at. A quick five minute glance at his twitter shows that he has little else to do.

What Dunnfc did say was inflammatory though. The idea we should be fighting these migrants in the streets is all a little EDL for my liking.

In summary, you are both being pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, meadows said:

Quite happy to be "embarrassing" and "pathetic" with "no shame" exposing empty vessel bigots on any platform available to me. 

So we've gone from racist to to right wing to xenophobic to bigot. Il be representing UKIP at this rate! 

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

This sites owners and mods should be looking at a current MB member posting on a leading social media site the following:

"Never far from a bit of casual racisim on BRFCS"

I have deliberately highlighted certain words which, imo, is fair due to the posters argument here being based on the meaning of one word, which, again imo, he/she has taken out of context.

The above quote is clearly against this site and its membership and this is a shameful action.

• Moderation Lead
41 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Well, no, you suggested people should go out in the sunshine.

Of course it's possible to log off from here. The reason there was activity on the site was that certain members of this community were responding to an ignorant and racially inflammatory post that was targeted, aggressively, at racial minorities in the wider community. Now, you might be fine with that but I'm not. If I wanted to read right-wing views on immigration I'd go to The Daily Mail or the EDL website (if they have one). I don't want to read it in a discussion on Rovers transfers.

So to your point, which was a glib way of saying 'have you lot got nothing better to do' my answer would be 'yes', but if someone wants to post ignorant nonsense on a messageboard then they can expect a response, whether it's peeing down or bright blue skies, whether I'm on top of a mountain or tucked up in bed.

Anyway, It's ironic that someone who dedicates a fair chunk of their time as 'backroom' (are you a mod again?) would feel the need to comment negatively on others giving up their time to contribute. Do you an have actual opinion on the content of the discussion?

Good grief man, settle down.

I wasn't a fan of the comments re immigration, but I missed all the lovely discussion at the first time of asking as I went on a long walk for about 3 hours, then went out for my tea and a couple of beers and only logged on and caught up with them all last night/this morning.

I'm a mod indeed, I don't recall ever quitting?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Good grief man, settle down.

I wasn't a fan of the comments re immigration, but I went on a long walk for about 3 hours, then went out for my tea and a couple of beers and only logged on and caught up with them all last night/this morning, so I missed all the lovely discussion at the first time of asking.

I'm a mod again, yes......

Oh dear. It was a perfectly reasonable response to a rather glib comment. I'm perfectly calm. Not sure what your problem is?

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Oh dear. It was a perfectly reasonable response to a rather glib comment. I'm perfectly calm. Not sure what your problem is?

I've not got one. Anyway, I'm not getting any further involved with this discussion so I'll leave it there.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I've not got one. Anyway, I'm not getting any further involved with this discussion so I'll leave it there.

Good man. Just so you don't misunderstand me, all I'm suggesting is that it's never wise to make never make smug, glib comments about the value of someone else's time when they are discussing an emotive subject which may be very personal to them, especially when you don't know anything about the people you are aiming them at. And, yes, I'm perfectly calm.

Good luck with the mod-ing, it's good of you to give up your time, genuinely.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

Quite happy to be "embarrassing" and "pathetic" with "no shame" exposing empty vessel bigots on any platform available to me. 

But it wasn't an exposé, old boy. You didn't highlight his name, you merely insinuated that this kind of rhetoric is accepted and central to this board when, in fact, it isn't. By exposing him on this board and garnering the support you got you adequately "exposed" him as an "empty vessel biggot". Haha.
What you then proceeded to do was take the high ground you held and blow it to smithereens by launching yet another veiled jibe at these boards.

There are topics available to you on this messageboard to challenge Dunnfc's views. The posts on these forums by other users do not directly represent the views of all board users. We accept the opinions of others and challenge them likewise - what we shouldn't do, as a mature man, is try and use those views of an individual to further your campaign to paint these boards as a place of hate.

So, again to summarise, the exposing of Dunnfc isn't what made you pathetic or embarrassing; the attempt to catergorise this board as a hotbed of racism was. What made me define you as a man with 'no shame' is the fact you use this tactic almost daily on your twitter feed to pick at others for varying reasons. As said, a quick 5 minute glance at your feed suggests a hobby of yours is to create an argument out of nothing to satisfy your own ego.

If you don't like these boards then don't use them. The same way I don't read newspapers, forums or websites I don't like.

Archived