BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

13 minutes ago, JAL said:

He has a reputation for some very poor shocking language towards his own players so don't think so unless a club doesn't do its research.

Why would anyone give a fook about that? People obsessed with 'bad' language need to grow up.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Just to expand on that...Scunthorpe had the 2nd best home record in this league last season (best was Sheff U, no longer here), Rochdale had the 3rd best, and Bradford the 5th best and were also undefeated. Very impressive results.

I should have added that we didn't concede against any of them either. Course, knowing Rovers that only means squeaky bum time Saturday!

15 minutes ago, Husky said:

There was more chance of us scoring and putting the game to bed than keeping it in the corner for 5 minutes. It was ridiculous - in the end there was a gormless offside and Scunthorpe got down to Rovers end and had a chance to equalise.

Personally I don't think there was more chance of scoring, we had not troubled them from corners all night. we used up thirty seconds, and using up that little bit of time puts pressure on their players to act quickly, usually that is where mistakes or bad judgement is made. Play the odds and keep it safe.

Just now, Husky said:

That's a shocking highlights mish-mash isn't it? A couple of non chances without showing the absolute sitters that were missed + the goal line clearance.

I'm almost surprised they showed the goal. Sky Sucks!

We are Rovers, Sky don't like us. We are Rovers, we don't care. 

Personally i'm not a huge fan of fannying about trying to keep possession in the corner etc. as 99 times out of a 100 it results in the either the loss of possession or concession of a foul. I think its only effective if there's about 60 seconds ot less to go and generally I think you're much better off playing your normal game and in that instance trying to win a corner than trying to keep possession for a few seconds.

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11033214/scunthorpe-0-1-blackburn

Highlights

A well worked and well taken goal.

Poor Marcus getting his ear bent by Mowbray 'where are you now son':D

What a pleasing goal, Samuel doing everything you want your number 9 to be doing in bringing Bennett in then a superb cross from the winger and composed finish from the other striker!

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Personally i'm not a huge fan of fannying about trying to keep possession in the corner etc. as 99 times out of a 100 it results in the either the loss of possession or concession of a foul. I think its only effective if there's about 60 seconds ot less to go and generally I think you're much better off playing your normal game and in that instance trying to win a corner than trying to keep possession for a few seconds.

If it only works 1 time in a hundred, why do professional footballers at every level, in every country do it? 

Just now, rigger said:

What another great night out, I recommend everyone gets to the away games. See Rovers fans with smiles on their faces, sing your hearts out, and just generally feel good.

The funniest thing was seeing fans fall onto the pitch during the goal celebrations. :P

Just now, rigger said:

If it only works 1 time in a hundred, why do professional footballers at every level, in every country do it? 

Im sure there's plenty of examples where possession has been lost and a goal conceded by messing about trying to waste time instead of just playing normally. :)

Im sure there's plenty of examples where possession has been lost and a goal conceded by messing about trying to waste time instead of just playing normally. :)

I'm sure there are, but the odds are against you scoring from an area around your own corner flag.

Just now, rigger said:

because I haven't been to many recent home games where the fans had smiles on their faces, had sung their hearts out, or looked even remotely like they had, had a good time  

True,  but we've only won one out of three home games this season if you include the Carabou Cup. The feelgood factor is increasing with every win.

True,  but we've only won one out of three home games this season if you include the Carabou Cup. The feelgood factor is increasing with every win.

And to answer your question, I would say that about 90% of that feel good factor has come from our last 3 AWAY games.

Are Wimbledon still The Krazeeeeyy Gang?

Saturday might be a good day for everyone to get down to Ewood for some of the feel good factor. I'll be back from 30c heat in time for Saturday's 5c p1ss down (first game live game for over a year admittedly). I just hope I can find my ski wear.

Just now, rigger said:

And to answer your question, I would say that about 90% of that feel good factor has come from our last 3 AWAY games.

I dont think there'd be much wrong with the atmosphere at Ewood if there were 15/16k in, we were in the middle of a long unbeaten run, and top of the table tbh.

That said I might be taking up your recommendation and trying to get down to Shrewsbury! Never been to either Gay Meadow or the new ground.

I'll take getting outplayed for most of the game and winning every week.

The fans were absolutely brilliant again. We need the same atmosphere at Ewood with non stop singing.

I think there might be a few changes in the starting eleven on Saturday, I have a feeling ToMo will rest a few.

calm downnnnnn, lads:D

first 4 wins run since wot, 2007?? there will be some who say this is League 1, but let's enjoy this run

saw the Antonsson goal in person but was moving to another location..and I thought gawd, that was a great finish. if he's still at 40%, wonder how he will be at 100%. confidence player, that.

also, decent cameo by Harper I thought. pity he went off with an injury. was played out of position, wasn't he? supposed to be a box-to-box centre mid. one thing is for sure, he sure didn't play like a 17-year old!

alright, on to the next this Saturday!:D

Great stuff to wake up to that result! It was on far too late over here for me to watch it.

Hopefully someone will post up some player ratings. Presumably Richie Smallwood never gave the ball away. Curious about young Harper. Is he a physical player?

Also, another assist for Bennett. Did he spend the first few games of the season with the wrong boots on each foot? Two little babbies running around the house can do strange things to man's brain.

Great win.

I stayed up until 4 am and followed the game via a combination of BBC, Twitter, LT and MB.

Match Ratings ;): LT excellent. MB always entertaining, up and down like a fiddlers elbow. Twitter, not for me. BBC crap apart from stats. and text of every single f'ing foul/freekick.

Good to see strikers scoring.

I knew it was our night when I read that Raya caught a corner at his far post. I hope I can see that in the highlights.

It just hit me... 4 wins on the bounce :) , what a lovely feeling. :rover:

As a glass hald empty man it feels like I've just been given a free pint of best bitter ... and in a new glass.

Archived