BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No I haven't read Glen's blog, I wouldnt waste my time and effort.

Do you have actual proof that this person was allegedly paid in cash or are you just taking Glen's word for it? If it did happen I'm sure HMRC would be more than happy to investigate.

I’ve not heard this story before but like Rev I’m sure HMRC would have or still would act if this occurred. HMRC do not back off and have a strong history in relation to football. 

I believe it used to be possible to inform HMRC of suspected illegal activity. Has this been done by those with the evidence?

One major issue we have to face with Venkys is too much is I corroborated. If it was otherwise a journalist somewhere would be all over it. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I can’t disagree regarding Samuel’s dismissal though I’d argue his kick was petulant rather than violent.

Like the majority of Rovers fans I was at the wrong end to judge Bennett’s first booking but did have a clear view of the second. For me he was in with a good chance on goal, was tackled from the side and came down. The idea he jumped is new to me but these things happen quickly. 

Can you explain how jumping or leaping over a tackle is against the laws of the game. Surely the objective is to push the ball beyond the defender’s reach and then avoid the challenge to be free to shoot, pass etc. 

I’m happy to be wrong but I can’t see how getting out the way of a tackle is illegal. 

Bennett stayed down after the incident so the only thing I'd say is that if the ref thought he jumped over the tackle, stayed down to get his opponent booked.

Don't know why he used it as isolated incident because it happens in every game now. I also think that Bennett was unbalanced by the challenge so the fall was genuine. He may of twisted himself in the fall and hurt himself but the fact was he jumped to his feet once he realised the free kick had gone the other way and showed little signs of injury.

It was a terrible decision by the ref though

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’ve not heard this story before but like Rev I’m sure HMRC would have or still would act if this occurred. HMRC do not back off and have a strong history in relation to football. 

I believe it used to be possible to inform HMRC of suspected illegal activity. Has this been done by those with the evidence?

One major issue we have to face with Venkys is too much is I corroborated. If it was otherwise a journalist somewhere would be all over it. 

There is a journalist namely Nick Harris all over this and has published what he can. There is a super injunction in place preventing him from revealing what he does know, which I am sure, is very explosive. 

For anyone who can be bothered, www.venkysout.com reveals an awful lot of what I am saying. Of course it could be all fabricated, but I don't see why people would go to so much trouble to lie. There are ex players, particularly Michel Solgsdo on record about certain things. 

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

You are making a judgement but you haven't read it! Incredible. It was available on here so no excuse. Same for Revidge.

Everybody's  entitled to a view but at least make an effort to come to grips with it before pronouncing.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

You are making a judgement but you haven't read it! Incredible. It was available on here so no excuse. Same for Revidge.

Everybody's  entitled to a view but at least make an effort to come to grips with it before pronouncing.

I find it incredible too that certain fans of the club, are not prepared to read, readily available information, about the demise of our club. I know it's ion a different scale, but ignorance and failure to act meant that a large Rochdale MP and a famous TV/radio personality, went to their graves without facing the consequence of their actions. I'm sure certain people said with those two, there was no evidence too, but perhaps people with power can influence enough people to bury things for a while.

Regarding the 2 mentioned in that day & age they was untouchable, JS for example could shut down a hospital ward by withdrawing his funding so rightly or wrongly it went under the radar digressing a little but in keeping with the thread theme.

5 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Regarding the 2 mentioned in that day & age they was untouchable, JS for example could shut down a hospital ward by withdrawing his funding so rightly or wrongly it went under the radar digressing a little but in keeping with the thread theme.

Absolutely money = power.

Just now, lraC said:

Absolutely money = power.

Always has been, there will be certain answers to questions which will never be answered. I'm not going to spend a large portion of my life trying to work that 1 out to try to get something which is & will always be unobtainable.

26 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Bennett stayed down after the incident so the only thing I'd say is that if the ref thought he jumped over the tackle, stayed down to get his opponent booked.

Don't know why he used it as isolated incident because it happens in every game now. I also think that Bennett was unbalanced by the challenge so the fall was genuine. He may of twisted himself in the fall and hurt himself but the fact was he jumped to his feet once he realised the free kick had gone the other way and showed little signs of injury.

It was a terrible decision by the ref though

He hurt himself when he collided with a second Wigan player after hurdling the challenge from Burn. His first yellow is on this clip and was a correct decision.

24 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Always has been, there will be certain answers to questions which will never be answered. I'm not going to spend a large portion of my life trying to work that 1 out to try to get something which is & will always be unobtainable.

That's understandable and me neither. I will read what's available though and make an informed opinion. I am sure the none disclosure agreements weren't to stop people telling about the mouse droppings in the canteen.

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He hurt himself when he collided with a second Wigan player after hurdling the challenge from Burn. His first yellow is on this clip and was a correct decision.

Still think that second yellow is a bonkers decision. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Is there only me who thinks he quite clearly dives. Burn's foot went for the ball so I don't know where this evading a  'knee high' tackle has come from? Bennett dives side-ways, he throws his body into a totally unnatural position.

I guess it goes to show, what a tough call it was. I wasn't there, so hard to say how the ref performed, but some are saying he was poor. Despite days of looking at it in slow motion, we still have a difference of opinion, so it goes to shoe how difficult it is to get these things right.

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Is there only me who thinks he quite clearly dives. Burn's foot went for the ball so I don't know where this evading a  'knee high' tackle has come from? Bennett dives side-ways, he throws his body into a totally unnatural position.

It's not only you - JAL agrees with the decision too.

Just now, arbitro said:

It's not only you - JAL agrees with the decision too.

I didn't say I agreed with the decision to give him a yellow because there is an element of doubt as to whether Burn's foot caught Bennett's foot/ankle. I'd have just waved play on, BUT in no way is what Bennett does a natural reaction unless he genuinely thought he was going to get clattered and was diving out of the way. Let's call it a preventative dive.

I notice you've mentioned you used to ref so what would you have done?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't say I agreed with the decision to give him a yellow because there is an element of doubt as to whether Burn's foot caught Bennett's foot/ankle. I'd have just waved play on, BUT in no way is what Bennett does a natural reaction unless he genuinely thought he was going to get clattered and was diving out of the way. Let's call it a preventative dive.

I notice you've mentioned you used to ref so what would you have done?

With any critical call you have to be 100% sure as invariably it effects the outcome of the game. This incident is shrouded in doubt and I genuinely think the referee panicked (evidenced by him showing the red card before the yellow). I actually think it's  a free kick to Rovers. Burn was slightly late and came in at speed which Bennett had to take evasive action from.

For the people who don't waste their time on such matters, don't bother clicking the link below. For those who do have the time and the inclination though, here is a reminder, of the sort of people Venkys rely on for advice and to this day, still go back to. Are Venkys really just guilty of taking the wrong advice, over and over again?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9462245.Agent_Jerome_Anderson_questions_Blackburn_Rovers_supporters/

Just now, lraC said:

For the people who don't waste their time on such matters, don't bother clicking the link below. For those who do have the time and the inclination though, here is a reminder, of the sort of people Venkys rely on for advice and to this day, still go back to. Are Venkys really just guilty of taking the wrong advice, over and over again?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9462245.Agent_Jerome_Anderson_questions_Blackburn_Rovers_supporters/

Seriously, start a new thread then people can decide if they want to bother or not. This is the Wigan match thread.

48 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Seriously, start a new thread then people can decide if they want to bother or not. This is the Wigan match thread.

I take your point, but it probably quite apt this being on the Wigan Match thread. Given what Dave Whelan had to say on the matter and he had absolutely no axe to grind with anyone.

Just now, lraC said:

I take your point, but it probably quite apt this being on the Wigan Match thread. Given what Dave Whelan had to say on the matter and he had absolutely no axe to grind with anyone.

My point was really that as Venky's/ownership is still an important issue (the most important) then why not give it it's own thread? Why hide it in the Wigan thread?

The second yellow should never have been a booking. Bennett played in Caddis(?) and jumped out of the way so he didn’t get his leg broken.

Alternatively, he could’ve passed the ball, got clattered and then what? We were playing on anyway. 

There was no benefit in getting a foul in that position, so it was totally different than someone diving in the box looking for a penalty.

Useless ref, as others have said the size of the game was too big for him.

5 hours ago, lraC said:

There is a journalist namely Nick Harris all over this and has published what he can. There is a super injunction in place preventing him from revealing what he does know, which I am sure, is very explosive. 

Yep. Well aware of everything you say there and have been for sometime.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

The judgement I am making is that if it is public knowledge and correct I would expect HMRC to be all over it.

If you’re so sure can I be confident you’ll be presenting the evidence to HMRC? If not why not? I imagine an HMRC investigation would be a very positive thing in relation to all that has gone on at the club.

As for it being on here I don’t read every thread as I don’t have the time. 

3 hours ago, lraC said:

I read this five years ago along with many other things. You’re not in a position to judge what I may or may not have read.

You may not approve but I’ve realised the chances of progress on ousting Venkys are virtually zero unless or until someone presents evidence to incriminate them and others.

I see little point in allowing this to dominate my life, which for a long period it did. Made me thoroughly miserable at the time. 

Archived