BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

Just now, lraC said:

It has to be an in going fight to expose this lot. It feels a lot like a crime committed against a family member and not being able to rest, until the perpetrator, has been brought to justice. People are still working hard, to get some answers and that fight will continue. Criminal activity has brought this about and we, as fans should  not rest until this club is cleansed. 

Tell 'em Valdez is coming lol

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lraC said:

It has to be an in going fight to expose this lot. It feels a lot like a crime committed against a family member and not being able to rest, until the perpetrator, has been brought to justice. People are still working hard, to get some answers and that fight will continue. Criminal activity has brought this about and we, as fans should  not rest until this club is cleansed. 

Criminal activity, really?

Venky's own the Club and thus far have made the wrong choices about who to advise them. There's no real sign that this has been fully rectified unfortunately.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

On the beeb they state that Bennett's first yellow was a bad foul how close was this to a red card Tony. The referee looks to be in a great position for Bennett's dive so how can we say he's not deceiving him, plus if he isn't what about the players actions losing possession by jumping out of the way of an oncoming challenge on the back of last amateurish kick out.

Then the manager goes on to talk about humility the hole just gets bigger. 

Your trying to defend the indefensible John. The referee got it wrong. Why? I don't know if he misread the situation or made an assumption but he was wrong. And the worse thing is there is no appeal against yellow cards so Bennett is now guilty of cheating because of the referees ineptitude. As for the lack of humility we don't know what was said to Mowbray, Cook or the players but the referees body language exuded arrogance.

Do you believe Bennett was deliberately attempting to deceive the referee?

Out of interest what does your comment about Mowbray mean? Each time I have met him (either refereed him or his teams) I have found him to be both humble and honest. This is borne out by all the people I have spoken to about him.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The very last thing we need is a DOF adding another layer of bureaucracy and uncertainty to proceedings. The only thing we need is a combination of a decent manager reporting directly to the owners backed with a sensible budget. Arguably we've never had that whilst Venky's have been in charge. It's either been the wrong man being backed (Kean, Bowyer, Mowbray?)or the wrong man not being backed (Coyle) or I suppose some might say the right man not being backed (Lambert). Although imo Lambert never had any intention of staying longer than 6 months.

The business needs a structure which manages the club as a whole. The shareholders ('owners') should provide a budget based on the needs of the business for that structure to deliver agreed and realistic targets.

You know that Rev. Mowbray is a first team football manager with questionable ability. He's certainly not a business turnaround guru into the bargain.

The whole bloody structure at the club is totally wrong, until that changes we're p1ssing in the wind.

For the record, I think Mowbray is poor too but I'd rather have him than whoever the know nowt crackpots dream up next.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Criminal activity, really?

Venky's own the Club and thus far have made the wrong choices about who to advise them. There's no real sign that this has been fully rectified unfortunately.

Sadly I don't believe that. May I ask did you read Glen Mullans blog and do you think there is any truth in them if you did?. If you did read them, you will note that the players lisaison officer under Kean, was paid a weekly amount in cash. No tax paid, the income not declared. That for starters is a criminal activity. Of course you can choose to ignore this as trivial, but I won't. That is only a minuscule insight into what has gone on and I repeat, criminal activity has brought this situation about. 

Just now, darrenrover said:

The business needs a structure which manages the club as a whole. The shareholders ('owners') should provide a budget based on the needs of the business for that structure to deliver agreed and realistic targets.

You know that Rev. Mowbray is a first team football manager with questionable ability. He's certainly not a business turnaround guru into the bargain.

Paragraph one seems to have been what happened in the summer. TM went out to India, it was agreed that promotion was the aim and TM identified his targets with that in mind and was given the budget to acquire them.  Paragraph two seems to be where it is currently stalling. TM doesn't need to have any particular business acumen whatsoever other than an ability to send a team out on the pitch to get the required results. At the moment he isn't doing that.

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Your trying to defend the indefensible John. The referee got it wrong. Why? I don't know if he misread the situation or made an assumption but he was wrong. And the worse thing is there is no appeal against yellow cards so Bennett is now guilty of cheating because of the referees ineptitude. As for the lack of humility we don't know what was said to Mowbray, Cook or the players but the referees body language exuded arrogance.

Do you believe Bennett was deliberately attempting to deceive the referee?

Out of interest what does your comment about Mowbray mean? Each time I have met him (either refereed him or his teams) I have found him to be both humble and honest. This is borne out by all the people I have spoken to about him.

Mowbray's comments are a dig at the referee whilst its his player, under his authority that has allowed this situation to occur.Keep asking how bad was that first foul from Bennett.

Just now, lraC said:

Sadly I don't believe that. May I ask did you read Glen Mullans blog and do you think there is any truth in them if you did?. If you did read them, you will note that the players lisaison officer under Kean, was paid a weekly amount in cash. No tax paid, the income not declared. That for starters is a criminal activity. Of course you can choose to ignore this as trivial, but I won't. That is only a minuscule insight into what has gone on and I repeat, criminal activity has brought this situation about. 

No I haven't read Glen's blog, I wouldnt waste my time and effort.

Do you have actual proof that this person was allegedly paid in cash or are you just taking Glen's word for it? If it did happen I'm sure HMRC would be more than happy to investigate.

Off topic, but on the skulduggery theme I've always thought it very fishy that Steve Kean, a manager with Premier League experience on his CV, has been in the football backwater of Brunei since he left Ewood and never worked in this country since leaving Rovers. He's keeping his head down for some reason. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Do you have actual proof that this person was allegedly paid in cash or are you just taking Glen's word for it? If it did happen I'm sure HMRC would be more than happy to investigate.

I have to say I am quite surprised that you haven't read them and even more surprised, with your comment that you wouldn't waste your time and effort. It is people like Glen, whose efforts lead to Kean, eventually leaving. For what it's worth, Glen was threatened by some very dubious people involved with the club and had to make a statement to this effect to the police. This again is criminal activity. I have not relied solely on Glens blogs for information, like the guy being paid in cash, i have listened to plenty of people who are also aware of it. Some people are prepared to get stuck in and fight for the club and some aren't.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Off topic, but on the skulduggery theme I've always thought it very fishy that Steve Kean, a manager with Premier League experience on his CV, has been in the football backwater of Brunei since he left Ewood and never worked in this country since leaving Rovers. He's keeping his head down for some reason. 

Or maybe he's just crap? And that's being generous.

At best, if there was a plan afoot to replace Allardyce with Anderson's client Kean before the takeover then he'll be regarded as a bit of a snake in the grass within football circles. If he was a fantastic manager who won trophies then I don't suppose anyone would care less. Being a poor manager and a bit of an unsavoury character isnt a good mix.

Just now, lraC said:

I have to say I am quite surprised that you haven't read them and even more surprised, with your comment that you wouldn't waste your time and effort. It is people like Glen, whose efforts lead to Kean, eventually leaving. For what it's worth, Glen was threatened by some very dubious people involved with the club and had to make a statement to this effect to the police. This again is criminal activity. I have not relied solely on Glens blogs for information, like the guy being paid in cash, i have listened to plenty of people who are also aware of it. Some people are prepared to get stuck in and fight for the club and some aren't.

Oh come on. Kean's departure had nothing whatsoever to do with Glen. Other than that I'm not really prepared to go down the conspiracy route again, it's been done a zilliin times over the last seven years and still one one iota of hard evidence has come to light to back it up.

He

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Or maybe he's just crap? And that's being generous.

At best, if there was a plan afoot to replace Allardyce with Anderson's client Kean before the takeover then he'll be regarded as a bit of a snake in the grass within football circles. If he was a fantastic manager who won trophies then I don't suppose anyone would care less. Being a poor manager and a bit of an unsavoury character isnt a good mix.

There's more to it than that. There's not many managers who have 2 years Prem experience, plus more in the championship, who have subsequently disappeared out of sight. He either loves life in Brunei, or more likely, he's staying out of the limelight of English football because he needs to.  

Just now, jim mk2 said:

He's out there because that's his level.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh come on. Kean's departure had nothing whatsoever to do with Glen. Other than that I'm not really prepared to go down the conspiracy route again, it's been done a zilliin times over the last seven years and still one one iota of hard evidence has come to light to back it up.

Kean left after pressure was applied from various sources and was not solely down to one thing. Fan pressure helped and as you know only too well, organised protests, were a large part of this. Blackburn Rovers supporters were given a bad press by people who had an agenda. We were collectively accused as being racist amongst other things. Believe what you want, I don't really mind.

47 minutes ago, JAL said:

Mowbray's comments are a dig at the referee whilst its his player, under his authority that has allowed this situation to occur.Keep asking how bad was that first foul from Bennett.

I was at the other end from the Bennett first caution but it looked correct to me. Don't be so precious about the referee John. He made a mistake and if he is honest he will admit it. Rovers are now without a key player for tomorrow night now due to his ineptitude. I'll say it again for you, Bennett did not try to deceive the referee.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was at the other end from the Bennett first caution but it looked correct to me. Don't be so precious about the referee John. He made a mistake and if he is honest he will admit it. Rovers are now without a key player for tomorrow night now due to his ineptitude. I'll say it again for you, Bennett did not try to deceive the referee.

but Bennett did hurdle a knee high ,two footed, potentially leg breaking assault whilst almost clean through on goal. JAL is just mischief making.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Your hindsight will kick in one day.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

He

There's more to it than that. There's not many managers who have 2 years Prem experience, plus more in the championship, who have subsequently disappeared out of sight. He either loves life in Brunei, or more likely, he's staying out of the limelight of English football because he needs to.  

He's either guarding the investment fund from the ill gotten gains stashed over there or there's people after him over here, taxman or something maybe. I still wouldn't be surprised if some of the paths from Rovers this present day still lead back there and still involve that wretch.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just to play devil's advocate, whoever is appointing the managers appointed TM who you appear perfectly happy with, so there's no particular reason to suggest the the next appointment would be any worse.

If something clearly isn't working then the possibility that the next man might be worse is no reason at all for sticking with what you've got. If the remit this season is promotion, and I think it ought to be with the budget and squad we have, then I don't think we're going to achieve that unless TM completely revamps his philosophy. At the moment he's sending us out as if the goal is to attain 50 points and survive. As such the players seem to be turning up when they feel like it and only winning enough to keep things looking respectable. Look what happened when we knew we had to win the final two games last season to have a chance of staying up. We played much better and if he'd only adopted a similar positive attitude 5 or 6 games earlier during that run when we went 7 without a win we might well have stayed up.

Paul Senior appointed Mowbray and he's long gone.

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Paul Senior appointed Mowbray and he's long gone.

Senior would have recommended him PB but the ultimate decision on whether to hire him or not would have been made in India. And i think the jury must at this point still be out on whether he was a good appointment or a nice man with great integrity who sadly isnt quite up to the job. 

We might come good. I hope so, but I don't really see it at this stage. Really hope I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's either guarding the investment fund from the ill gotten gains stashed over there or there's people after him over here, taxman or something maybe. I still wouldn't be surprised if some of the paths from Rovers this present day still lead back there and still involve that wretch.

Think it is reasonable to say that whilst the club are still paying out for decisions made under Venky's business partner administration of the club , some of it will be finding its way to North London and other places. Venky;s being family orientated all credit to them for looking after just like  family members. These percentages add up to a "nice little earner" in the words of loveable cockney rogue Athurome Daley and her son

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Think it is reasonable to say that whilst the club are still paying out for decisions made under Venky's business partner administration of the club , some of it will be finding its way to North London and other places. Venky;s being family orientated all credit to them for looking after just like  family members. These percentages add up to a "nice little earner" in the words of loveable cockney rogue Athurome Daley and her son

I'm sure some people think it's all above board and innocent and just a case of a family taking wrong advice a few times. They still keep on going back to the same advisers though, but surely that's normal isn't it?

i can't remember if it was in his blog, but the phone call made to Glen by one of Venkys advisers was interesting. Glen had the foresight to record it, so that other people had the chance to listen to it. Of course some people probably don't want to waste  their time, listening to something like that, as it proves nothing. All the little things add to a lot  though. Perhaps I should see if I can get on Sky sports and have a little crying episode, as that will grab some attention.

14 hours ago, JAL said:

Should we not be careful of jumping onto the one and only side of this story when in fact for second week running a Rovers player has overstepped the mark with regards to playing to the Laws of the game.

One player violently and deliberately kicks an opponent to get sent off then another jumps out the way of an oncoming challenge.

I can’t disagree regarding Samuel’s dismissal though I’d argue his kick was petulant rather than violent.

Like the majority of Rovers fans I was at the wrong end to judge Bennett’s first booking but did have a clear view of the second. For me he was in with a good chance on goal, was tackled from the side and came down. The idea he jumped is new to me but these things happen quickly. 

Can you explain how jumping or leaping over a tackle is against the laws of the game. Surely the objective is to push the ball beyond the defender’s reach and then avoid the challenge to be free to shoot, pass etc. 

I’m happy to be wrong but I can’t see how getting out the way of a tackle is illegal. 

Archived