BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

35 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

did you find the missing thread?

Found it. Tried to merge the two... i've created some sort of half thread. But its here. Its all a learning curve, folks.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Sounds like there'll be changes tonight going off those Mowbray quotes in the side article. Funny how the Dingles seem to pick the same 11 for every game.

Keep telling players they're tired and you're giving them a ready made excuse not to perform. Especially when you're bigging up the opposition at the same time. Bill Shankly would have had a fit. " You're playing Man United tomorrow lads, they 're all crap ! "

Just trying to justify his own (or the clubs) needless rotation policy.

Only debate should be Evans or Whittingham & who starts maybe instead of Nuttall, personally when  something has worked well and given a 3 nil win I wouldn't change a thing. He's got options and a bench most would die for in this league so use it if and when you need to not just for the sake of it !

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just trying to justify his own (our the clubs) needless rotation policy.

Only debate should be Evans or Whittingham & who starts maybe instead of Nuttall, personally when  something has worked well and given a 3 nil win I wouldn't change a thing. He's got options and a bench most would die for in this league so use it if and when you need to not just for the sake of it !

Tony talks about consistancy how consistant is Tony we shall see over to him.

A one nil ugly win is all we need tonight.

I only get to one or two games each season these days and almost all of those for the last few years have been pretty depressing experiences  - really hoping that will change tonight.

The presence of Faz, even on the opposing  side, will kindle some very happy memories of 74-75 - which for me is still the most enjoyable season in my time watching Rovers (since the early 70s).

40 minutes ago, TonyM said:

I only get to one or two games each season these days and almost all of those for the last few years have been pretty depressing experiences  - really hoping that will change tonight.

The presence of Faz, even on the opposing  side, will kindle some very happy memories of 74-75 - which for me is still the most enjoyable season in my time watching Rovers (since the early 70s).

Hope the team put in a committed performance and you see us pick up 3 points.Enjoy

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

A couple of hundred left of the 993 allocation, so with pay on the day maybe looking at around 900 or just under 1k, another fantastic effort.

Very good away numbers this year, do you think its the novelty of being in League 1 though? Maybe a bit pessimistic but I reckon we'd struggle to shift those kind of numbers if we were here this time next year?

9 minutes ago, JAL said:

Mowbray says let's take the good vibe into the Oxford game . What ? 

What a load of wishy washy claptrap from the manager just get the job done Tony less talking balls more positive actions on the pitch please.

It's called marketing, no need for the pessimism. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

EVANS Smallwood

Bennett Dack Antonsson

Nuttall

Subs: Jayson Leutwiler, Paul Caddis, Elliott Ward, Rekeem Harper, Peter Whittingham, Danny Graham, Dominic Samuel

Why is Ward on the bench at the expense of Wharton?Maybe would have started Samuel ahead of Nuttall but can't complain with the line up

Just now, islander200 said:

Why is Ward on the bench at the expense of Wharton?Maybe would have started Samuel ahead of Nuttall but can't complain with the line up

I think Wharton played last night (?) and Mowbray was saying in the LT that he needs games for the U'23's as he's been injured. I would post the LT article but our aggressive German friend gets upset when LT articles are posted. He thinks it's 'boring'. I don't want to upset him;)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I think Wharton played last night (?) and Mowbray was saying in the LT that he needs games for the U'23's as he's been injured. I would post the LT article but our aggressive German friend gets upset when LT articles are posted. He thinks it's 'boring'. I don't want to upset him;)

Hmmm fills me with dread the thought of Downing or Mulgrew getting injured and having to call on Elliott Ward

5 hours ago, TonyM said:

Hello Tony, how are things in The Chalfonts? I remember some crazy times on the old Blackburn End with you & Jock & Joberti and Bunny O'Hare...Jock eh? I wonder if he is still with us, or back in his old coal bunker on Buncer Lane :)

Catch up later :) (PM me!)

Archived