BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

5 hours ago, Al said:

A bit OTT don't you think? Nobody doubts that Chaddy is one of the keenest Rovers supporters in captivity.

How is that post OTT? I am just asking him to be clearer with his posts. No aggression, nothing personal.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tomphil said:

If Grahams contract runs out in summer then we might see a gut busting effort late in the season if he fancies trying to earn another one whether it's here or elsewhere.

Fingers crossed.

It shouldnt be that way though...busts a gut to get another year or two of money for a few games then reverts back to type once he gets it.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

If we had sacked Coyle earlier without a plan, we may well have stayed up.

As for Bowyer , so you supported him for 3 seasons but then decided it was time for him to go after his final game in charge. Sums it up really. ???

On Coyle, no-one knows if it would but thats Venkys for not authorising his sacking sooner..

On Bowyer, no one knows that would be his final game did we?

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

It shouldnt be that way though...busts a gut to get another year or two of money for a few games then reverts back to type once he gets it.

True but there's been a few examples and to be honest I think they go for broke for the contract but just can't keep it up especially on ageing legs. Conway was a good example of that and Graham was unreal under Lambert but he's never going to replicate that again now sadly given his age and rumours around from last season that he carries a problem that limits his training.

We could do with an experienced striker with a bit left in his legs to replace him though even if it costs decent wages, a talisman upfront is a must imo.

Just now, tomphil said:

True but there's been a few examples and to be honest I think they go for broke for the contract but just can't keep it up especially on ageing legs. Conway was a good example of that and Graham was unreal under Lambert but he's never going to replicate that again now sadly given his age and rumours around from last season that he carries a problem that limits his training.

We could do with an experienced striker with a bit left in his legs to replace him though even if it costs decent wages, a talisman upfront is a must imo.

Im in the same camp that we might as well keep him until his contract expires...not sure why anyone would want him gone this window. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Im in the same camp that we might as well keep him until his contract expires...not sure why anyone would want him gone this window. 

Yeah if I was him and I wanted to stay in the game i'd give it everything in the last few months otherwise he'll find it hard to get anything other than pay as you play or peanuts next season.

Never underestimate some of these agents though, all you need is a friendly manager :o

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey we still talking this. 

Give it rest

On Mowbray I agree that it would be ridiculous to get shut. Hopefully he can use the transfer window to address the obvious weaknesses and we can kick on.  I'm only pointing out that on Bowyer you backed him  until rumours were rife he was going (both Nixon and then Kamy had said as much) and then you decided he suddenly wasn't the man (after his final game had been played). Apologies if I've got that wrong.

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

I think we finished the discussion of the Rochdale game about page 10 of this thread.

By the way, the 15,150 attendance was about 1,000 above what I thought we would get. Encouraging.

It was encouraging. I didn't think we'd get 15k on until later in the season. Lots of people turn out for Boxing Day with their families though as a one-off.

How many did Rochdale bring? Was it officially released?

Archived