SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

He just looks distinctly average for this League, some players look distinctly average at every level they play at but it is quite unlikely. He makes some silly mistakes that will probably be punished at a higher level.

Can you remind me of a couple of his mistakes? Thanks 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray says that hopefully he will have the opportunity to test himself in the championship. Where is the quote saying he isn't sure that you reference? I can't seem to find it  

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He lost his man and the header that allowed the Rotherham lad to flick the ball on for their last minute equaliser in the last game.

Well that's proof enough that he couldn't cut it in the championship :rolleyes:

Any other examples? A number of posters are very sure that he wouldn't cut it,so there must be a vast amount of evidence. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray says that hopefully he will have the opportunity to test himself in the championship. Where is the quote saying he isn't sure that you reference? I can't seem to find it  

That kind of suggests that he does not know if he can cut it a league above and that Downing will have the opportunity to see if he can cut it.

The same one.

"I think his performances have been good enough to show that he warrants being able to see this campaign through for us and then the opportunity to see if he can cut the mustard in the next league up if we can get there" - Mowbray

Anything else?

Any other examples? A number of posters are very sure that he wouldn't cut it,so there must be a vast amount of evidence. 

I dont think any have said for sure he wont cut it. Just that they're not sure he will be able to. Do you know that he could?

Eh? You asked for examples of his mistakes. You didn't mention the Championship. You ok?

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The same one.

"I think his performances have been good enough to show that he warrants being able to see this campaign through for us and then the opportunity to see if he can cut the mustard in the next league up if we can get there" - Mowbray

Anything else?

Ya, he hasn't played in the championship ,so Mowbray would like him to test his myself at that level. You could suggest Mowbray thinks he could if he is willing to give him the opportunity. Why would he sign him otherwise? 

Ya, he hasn't played in the championship ,so Mowbray would like him to test his myself at that level. You could suggest Mowbray thinks he could if he is willing to give him the opportunity. Why would he sign him otherwise? 

So you agree Mowbray isn't sure, which is the point you were trying to argue against?

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bell starts for Fleetwood today against Leicester. Certainly can’t be that close.

That doesn't look too good for his chances of coming here. If there was a serious offer on the table it doesn't make any sense for Fleetwood to risk him getting injured.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That doesn't look too good for his chances of coming here. If there was a serious offer on the table it doesn't make any sense for Fleetwood to risk him getting injured.

Take it for what it’s worth but Nixon said it ‘should have been done by now’. Unlike our owners to p*ss about...

39 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

All these rumours and articles are based on the Bayes tweet.

But it has also been tweeted by a florist who works in the Ewood area (so as much itk equivalent to the red top funster ) and at least one other person that I can see on my timeline, making it at least four mentions in total , so going by the -four individual mentions is gospel - rules previously stated in the thread  its as much on the cards as the other transfer rumours.

Will DM the florist for an update :)

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Take it for what it’s worth but Nixon said it ‘should have been done by now’. Unlike our owners to p*ss about...

Well its either more Nixon bollocks or Fleetwood sticking two fingers up at us. Worth remembering too that we play Fleetwood in two weeks time.

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't say that, as you well know. You really are struggling today.

Others said he would struggle because of his mistakes at this level. You then interjected with examples of mistakes. So if you weren't joining the conversation,what were you doing? 

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I would imagine a low fee if he is out of contract in the summer. Probably other interest I would imagine. 

If every player linked with a move didn't play today,teams would be struggling to field 11 players :)

Archived