BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

Sad to lose 1-0 at such late junction in the match. I speak to a friend in Preston who say Dack is holding injury, this is reason for poor form.

I am in UK for Peterborough game, I hope for 3 point and nerve calming win.

In Tony we trust.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move on folks look ahead to Thursday 

brizzle are looking to the play offs so a point is a point.

posh have the same ideals so the game might be a bit more open. Rovers have to re group change the line up and keep Conway out of the starting 11. We need some pace down the left so bring in bell, 3-4-2-1 is the way I would go.

BRfCS is not Ainsworth place for doom mongers and muppets. Stop whining and look forward, you know it makes sense

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We can talk about tiredness or missed chances or players out of form but the problem for me yesterday was the same problem that has existed since Mowbray arrived. If we go ahead in a game we almost immediately swing from being on top in a game to on the back foot. We sit back and adopt a counter attacking approach which involves allowing the opposition the freedom of the pitch, loads of possession and we end up camped in and around our area defending for our lives struggling to get a foothold in the game. More often than not we've got away with it and hung on and on a few occasions gone down the other end and notched a 2nd goal, but yesterday, like Rotherham, we were punished for it. Southend we were very nearly punished for it. We keep giving the opposition encouragement to come at us and with such a slender lead they will sooner or later have a chance to equalise.

I posted last night that Mowbray used his substitutes far to early in my opinion. The double change left him with no escape route and could have left us vulnerable. Or what about making the third change in stoppage time to help kill the game off. it was naive for a manager who says he is tactically astute and experienced.

I think Mowbray will view the last two matches as good results. Come may 5th that may well be the case but at the moment for me it's points dropped.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't see Blueboy's comment has he on ignore for good reasons. We didn't know how both would have played from the start as the game might have been very different, we just never know. But we know that Dack, Graham, Armstrong, Payne and Samuel didn't have their best game. Dack and Graham miss good chances. Payne no impact, Samuel didn't get in behind their defence enough. 

disagree on it being a really poor performances as we created enough chances to score a second after we scored. Also Wigan and Shrewsbury performances have dropped off aswell. 

we didn't have any clear cut chances? really? what game were you watching? Graham 1st half when he pass instead, Dack shot. Second half Williams at back post, Armstrong shot from 20 yards which he put over when he should have bent in bottom corner, When we had 2 versus 1 in the last few minutes when a poor pass to Bennett cost us a one on one opportunity, Dack shot from about 12 yards out when he should have done better. 

nerves can get to the most experience players so really poor comment, as all 3 teams are getting nervous and struggling. 

Graham was very poor and looked knackered after 70 mins again. 3 starts in a week is too much him at this stage of his career. 

what you beef with Samuel yesterday? He showed yesterday he can hold the ball up and if he played further up the ball then we could have get him in more behind the defence. 

Moving Bennett as work as we keep clean sheets so it has worked defensively. 

we are lacking pace wide but they aren't that many pacey wingers out there at this level or below. Chapman at this stage would be massive bonus and would be having an impact for us

yesterday did feel like a defeat cos they scored in last minute but we did deserve win this game tho. we had more than enough chances

sorry but our tempo has dropped not because of Conway being starting but because teams have stopped Dack by man marking him and closing us down a lot more. 

Evans in recent games has been good so very unfair comment. 

In yesterday game, When Dack was man marked I was saying move him wide left and move Armstrong up front. give them a different problem to deal with. instead of being so easy to play against. 

I stand by my clear chances comment, apart from the Williams sitter, the others are half chances. I was watching the game that I set off at 8 on the coach to attend, so no need to patronise me.

Yes, nerves will affect everyone but we need to deal with them better, if that is the reason. Weve got plenty of experience in getting promotion, Mowbray, Conway, Williams, Smallwood, Payne, Bennett, plenty of other experience in Mulgrew, Graham, Evans, Whittingham etc. We need to find a way of handling it far better than we have this week, where we have dropped 4 points in 2 games we seemingly have played really poorly in.

You say there arent many pacy wingers solely because Mowbray hasnt signed any. Gavin Massey, Hakeeb Adelukun, Whalley (not blistering pace necessarily but enough to be direct), Jamal Lowe, Tarique Fosu, Sullay Kaikai, Ryan Coclough, Jon Taylor, lets not pretend theres a shortage.

,We didnt deserve the win, it had the feeling of an end of the season dead rubber and me and everyone around me admitted that we didnt do enough to win and didnt play well enough to win.

If we cant react to teams man marking Dack then we wont get far. Surely play Payne to give them a second problem to think of, rather than the more conservative Conway?

Also, any comments on Bennetts last 10 minutes, in general we tried to see the game out terribly, so undisciplined and naive, often going forward far quicker than they got back, but he stood out?

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I posted last night that Mowbray used his substitutes far to early in my opinion. The double change left him with no escape route and could have left us vulnerable. Or what about making the third change in stoppage time to help kill the game off. it was naive for a manager who says he is tactically astute and experienced.

I think Mowbray will view the last two matches as good results. Come may 5th that may well be the case but at the moment for me it's points dropped.

Tony has used substitutions well for Bradford City game and much more this season. All fans are looking for reasons for away draw, we are not destined wining every game, but we do almost win all games as League will show.

Just now, Mark45 said:

Tony has used substitutions well for Bradford City game and much more this season. All fans are looking for reasons for away draw, we are not destined wining every game, but we do almost win all games as League will show.

You weren't there, the person who posted was. I'll trust his judgement over yours.

Just now, Mark45 said:

I'm not sure that good use of the substitutes against Bradford has any relevance to the use of them yesterday.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You weren't there, the person who posted was. I'll trust his judgement over yours.

I do not said I was in Bristol, I said Tony makes good substitutions for Bradford game and many others, is that so wrong?

You post to antagonize, argue and fight only.

How do I put moodboy3333 on ignore? 

Just now, Mark45 said:

I do not said I was in Bristol, I said Tony makes good substitutions for Bradford game and many others, is that so wrong?

You post to antagonize, argue and fight only.

How do I put moodboy3333 on ignore? 

LOL. A bit touchy this morning. If you read your posting history you appear to be quite an angry man.

Anyway, the poster you were responding to was talking about the Bristol R game. Not Bradford.

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

LOL. A bit touchy this morning. If you read your posting history you appear to be quite an angry man.

Anyway, the poster you were responding to was talking about the Bristol R game. Not Bradford.

Irritating other posters as usual I see. Could you not take Sunday off? 

Some might laugh but one of the key reasons our form has dipped is the injury to Nyambe.  He really developed, was a good option and helped with the balance. Above all, it allowed Bennett to energize a lethargic midfield.  Caddis isn't the simple solution though, he's not up to scratch.

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Some might laugh but one of the key reasons our form has dipped is the injury to Nyambe.  He really developed, was a good option and helped with the balance. Above all, it allowed Bennett to energize a lethargic midfield.  Caddis isn't the simple solution though, he's not up to scratch.

As one of Nyambes biggest crtics at one point, Id agree that hes been missed.

That said, Bennett has been good at right back and was shocking in midfield yesterday, his ball retention and decision making were not that of a competent and experienced player.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Speaking of Caddis I noticed he wasn't on the bench yesterday (neither was Travis, the only other recognised and fit right back and other positions). Does anybody why Caddis was missing?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I'm not sure that good use of the substitutes against Bradford has any relevance to the use of them yesterday.

My apologize I got caught with moodboy3333.

I have seen Tony critisized on substitutions many times in brfcs.com, I was thinking it was a generalization, nones specific, sorry for making bad assumption. 

Can I please say - How was the Bristol ground? 

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think you are right. The reason is not Nyambe but as you say the imbalance that his absence has caused. Mowbray has three right backs at his disposal and only trusts the one who is injured. Johnson meanwhile has no such doubts about his first choice rb as the home in on the PL2 Div 2 title.

Taking Bennett out of a position where he has been very effective is a blow to the team. Mowbray’s at fault for this I’m afraid.

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Agreed. He's very underrated for some reason. JAL's poison doesn't help.

And Bennett, whether wide right or in the centre of midfield, allows us to press high with real tempo. Nobody else can do what he does.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That truly is a dreadful miss form Williams. The marking on the edge of the area is even worse when they score.

He must close his eyes for a second or so before he heads it. Absolutely bloody useless. I’d let him off if he was offering much else, but he isn’t. Time to give Bell a a couple of games, Tony.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He must close his eyes for a second or so before he heads it. Absolutely bloody useless. I’d let him off if he was offering much else, but he isn’t. Time to give Bell a a couple of games, Tony.

We were right behind the goal and I'd swear he closed his eyes.

8 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

My apologize I got caught with moodboy3333.

I have seen Tony critisized on substitutions many times in brfcs.com, I was thinking it was a generalization, nones specific, sorry for making bad assumption. 

Can I please say - How was the Bristol ground? 

I have been to their ground several times so I knew what to expect. It's actually a rugby ground with four sides which are all dissimilar so it has a lob sided appearance. Two sides of these have terraces. The pitch seemed very good though.

25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think you are right. The reason is not Nyambe but as you say the imbalance that his absence has caused. Mowbray has three right backs at his disposal and only trusts the one who is injured. Johnson meanwhile has no such doubts about his first choice rb as the home in on the PL2 Div 2 title.

Taking Bennett out of a position where he has been very effective is a blow to the team. Mowbray’s at fault for this I’m afraid.

I personally do think however that its important to factor Bennett has been probably our best player when playing at right back, and yesterday when he went back into the centre of midfield he was awful.

Archived