BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks at the players sales fees to money spent on players transfers in. They have brought in more money then spent over 5 season

Maybe. And as people often like to remind me on here there is more to FFP than transfer fees alone. 

For example - we are roughly break even on fees spent/received under Mowbray

Also you are ignoring wages spent. I will bet their wage bill is substantially greater than ours and growing with Balogon and co. joining

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Maybe. And as people often like to remind me on here there is more to FFP than transfer fees alone. 

For example - we are roughly break even on fees spent/received under Mowbray

Also you are ignoring wages spent. I will bet their wage bill is substantially greater than ours and growing with Balogon and co. joining

I reckon the wage bill will be less than last season

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-losses-middlesbrough-reasons-positive-20208544

Stoke closing in on Lewis Baker from Chelsea on loan and Phil Jagielka 

Reading FC manager Veljko Paunovic is expected to stay at the club until the end of the season but is almost certain to depart upon the expiry of his contract this summer, the Chronicle understands.

Reading FC manager Paunovic 'expected' to stay at club until end of season | Reading Chronicle

I find it a little bit frustrating that clubs had no income for such a long time due to COVID and it seems the rules haven't been relaxed to take this into consideration. 

Not sure how that works or if it's fair to be honest.

Also, I thought it was just a transfer ban not points deduction for breaking these rules? 

• Like 2

Mitrovic hat-trick in just the first half against Bristol takes him to 27 for the season.

In most seasons (most recently the 19/20 season, where the top scorer was...er, Mitrovic) that would be enough to finish as top scorer without any more goals. It's only mid-January!!

That's just ludicrous. The top scorer in 17/18 only got 21.

20/21 - 33 goals

19/20 - 26 goals

18/19 - 29 goals

17/18 - 21 goals

16/17 - 27 goals

15/16 - 25 goals

14/15 - 27 goals

It's outrageous that he has levelled or beaten most of those seasonal records by 15th January. If he doesn't finish with at least 40 I'll be stunned (or he'll have been injured).