BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Departure of Glyn Chamberlain - Head of European Scouting

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

Mowbray had been going on about building his scouting network up and what a great job having a Head of European Scout was doing for us. Wonder who will be next out the door. Surprised we brought in an Head of Player Recruitment in the first place! 

Mowbray man in IE worked together before and Glynn out. Mmm TM said it's about the connection, so I'll wager Chamberlain and TM didn't see eye to eye.  Pish poor Kaminski was a cracking find and who cares if they don't get on, as long as they can be adults and work together. TM clearly struggles with differing opinions/people as appears evident with player's too. Come Barry hurry up and sack the mong.

According to the sages of the LT comment section, it’s the fans fault anyway for these departures, not buying enough STs.

(I’m sensing some very fractious fan v fan rows this season… especially with those in my vicinity in the Blackburn End.)

• Like 2

It begs the question: why employ him in the first place? 

A lot of ‘staff turnover’ is usually a sign of something bad. There’s been a few coming and going this summer. It seems odd Chamberlain has gone when one of our better signings last year was a dirt cheap goalkeeper from Belgium. 

I would very much like Waggott to piss off now. His time running this club has amounted to nothing. Has he done anything he has set out to do? Couldn’t even get the bloody sale of Brockhall over the line 

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It begs the question: why employ him in the first place? 

A lot of ‘staff turnover’ is usually a sign of something bad. There’s been a few coming and going this summer. It seems odd Chamberlain has gone when one of our better signings last year was a dirt cheap goalkeeper from Belgium. 

I would very much like Waggott to piss off now. His time running this club has amounted to nothing. Has he done anything he has set out to do? Couldn’t even get the bloody sale of Brockhall over the line 

Well we could sign players from European clubs with points system when he was appointed. 

Mowbray failed to use this network properly and signed players who don't fit his tactics or style. 

On 04/08/2021 at 18:59, JWU-Andy said:

this was the departure I alluded to in the Billy Barr thread... will be interesting to see how the recruitment department is downsized restructured over the coming months.

Good shout Andy, thanks for tipping me off via p.m.

This to me makes the appointment of Park even more ludicrous. Brexit made Chamberlain's role largely redundant but why not just move him over as head of recruitment rather than dispense with him and bring someone else in?

Ah, I forgot, he isn't a mate of Mowbray's.

So that's the groundsman, Harvey, Barr, Cooper, Chamberlain gone.

Does anyone still work there apart from the Coventrio and a team of analysts churning out player recommendations from their lap tops who we then discover we can't afford?

Park probably has his own little network of scouts and agents so it's probably a sub contracting out job again. Not paying as many wages to full timers but get invoiced more when they do actually bring in a player.

That type of thing, which makes a mockery of what they've spent the last 3 years setting up and spending on.