BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Post Match & MOTM

12 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wow.😂 You're a bit precious.  

I'm pretty certain that if you ask Mowbray, he'd want a new striker in.  We are clearly light on numbers. It's pointing out where we can improve, not assassinating the players we have. 

Not at all pal, on the contrary it's you who's precious I believe, seems you couldn't wait to post panic station stuff after witnessing a frustrating referee who tried his best to ruin the game, played on an awful pitch which was not far behind the pne  game.

That was a very drab affair (your post)

which is why I said 'poor post' because I think you where wrong.

You do realise this is a message board don't you, folk are allowed to respond and offer their own opinions without being told they're 'precious'

Chin up lad, Happy New Year..

Edited by damo100

18 hours ago, J*B said:

OK, let’s try this differently. Like this post if this is a terrible idea and I need to find an alternative. 

I will live with what makes life easy for you.  I prefer the single thread.but if it helps to have two then I can handle it.

18 hours ago, J*B said:

Long story short it really helps Google (and in turn people finding us, generating new members) and opens significantly more advertising opportunities.

Longer version: At the moment the forum is viable and earns enough money that I know it’ll never go under. But not enough money to do what I want to do. I dream of big things, I’d LOVE to put on a free BRFCS bus to Wembley if we got to the playoff final, for example, but to do that I need to get people using the front page of the website or I’ll never earn enough to do it without risking the website. The forum is maxed out for revenue, I’ve got pop up ads running (although we don’t accept ads for the big funders - betting companies, vaping companies and the sex industry) and some great sponsors in The Terrace and The Rovers Trust. So the only way to get to the next stage is to generate more money from the front page, which is what I’m trying to do by starting a new thread and encouraging people to use the MOTM feature. 

Put like that I can definitely deal with it.

6 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

I travelled from the South West for this one, for the second time in two months, having not been up in my first 30 years of being a fan. Yep, I’ve definitely caught the bug; and not the Greek-letter one. I felt even more excitement than I did during my first trip, I’m not sure if this was driven by the run we are on, the increasing feeling of belief, survival of the omnipresent threat of game postponement due to Covid, or weather, or of just being alive and here, 200+ miles from home on my own little (42-year-old child’s) adventure. I think I’m experiencing this even more strongly in my middle age and after so long of not being able to make the trip, or of feeling emotions quite right due to ill health. It means more now because of the knowledge of how fleeting sporting success (and health/life) can be and how close failure lurks, really (league one, anyone?) I loved the atmosphere on the day. The game itself was less great; the impact of the monumental deluge that seemed to follow me up the M6 was huge, as was the pitch drainage system seeming to be based on sponsorship by “Plenty” kitchen roll. Ultimately it might be testament to the surreal times we find ourselves in that a 0-0 draw felt to me like a fairly good result and also a totally worthwhile reason for my 470-mile round trip; just to look at the updated league table and see “Blackburn Rovers” in the top 2 of the Championship, and then to drive back out on Bolton Road and have my attention caught by a flag of St George flying high alongside the Chilean flag. These are not normal times. But, from a Rovers perspective, they are pretty damn good times.

Favourite moments of game: Defensive organisation, Kaminski save when defence breached, Travis glimpses of previous impact, Mowbray fuming at the terrible ref, an elderly fan beside me offering the best/worst mispronunciation of a name I have heard in a long while by passionately encouraging Reda: “Go on, Kedgeree”.
Least favourite moments: Ground conditions minimising the chance to enjoy Brereton, Khadra, Buckley & Rothwell running with the ball and dictating the play. Next time…
Most awkward moment: A bit stressed by the Covid pass check and the partially dissolved ticket in my pocket, accidentally calling a female turnstile steward ‘mate’, and then worrying, perhaps disproportionately, that I had committed a huge social faux pas and weighing up whether to calmly continue with the ‘equality’ approach by calling her ‘geezer’, or to over-compensate with ‘madam’.

PS Thank you, brfcs.com, for the help sourcing me a ticket for this one and getting me back to Ewood sooner than I had planned.

Keep attending and keep posting mate. Er I mean love 😉😂🍻💪💙🤍

• Like 2

On 04/01/2022 at 03:30, J*B said:

Long story short it really helps Google (and in turn people finding us, generating new members) and opens significantly more advertising opportunities.

Longer version: At the moment the forum is viable and earns enough money that I know it’ll never go under. But not enough money to do what I want to do. I dream of big things, I’d LOVE to put on a free BRFCS bus to Wembley if we got to the playoff final, for example, but to do that I need to get people using the front page of the website or I’ll never earn enough to do it without risking the website. The forum is maxed out for revenue, I’ve got pop up ads running (although we don’t accept ads for the big funders - betting companies, vaping companies and the sex industry) and some great sponsors in The Terrace and The Rovers Trust. So the only way to get to the next stage is to generate more money from the front page, which is what I’m trying to do by starting a new thread and encouraging people to use the MOTM feature. 

The front page is an essential stop on the way to the forum as it is the best way to access the latest and greatest articles that get posted. They are all well and truly excellent.

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic