BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Post Match & MOTM

I know the mods do a great job, but does setting up a new topic for post match discussion disrupt the flow a bit? I was going to respond to someone on the match thread? 

Anyhoo... What I was intending to say in response to commentary around Nyambe..

When JRC is fit enough to be able to bring him on even for 30 mins will make a big difference. There's just no quality delivery from the right and in a second half like today where the pitch is a mess you want to be able to send the ball in the air from both sides.

Nyambe has to be the best one on one full backs in the league but also one of the worst deliveries. All he can really do is the cutback.

JRC hasn't got Nyambes outstanding pace or power, but when we are on top he offers a lot more. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I know the mods do a great job, but does setting up a new topic for post match discussion disrupt the flow a bit? I was going to respond to someone on the match thread? 

Anyhoo... What I was intending to say in response to commentary around Nyambe..

When JRC is fit enough to be able to bring him on even for 30 mins will make a big difference. There's just no quality delivery from the right and in a second half like today where the pitch is a mess you want to be able to send the ball in the air from both sides.

Nyambe has to be the best one on one full backs in the league but also one of the worst deliveries. All he can really do is the cutback.

JRC hasn't got Nyambes outstanding pace or power, but when we are on top he offers a lot more. 

I don't get it either.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Where on earth do you get that from?.  He's light years behind Ryan.  Probably one of best in the division at the moment in my opinion. Did you not see him set up Bucko the other day ?

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Pitch was a disgrace, totally stopped us playing our game. Whatever happens it needs addressing come the end of the season. Normally a big fan of Nyambe but big disappointment today, too many opportunities wasted. Maybe harsh to single him out as there were a few not firing on all cylinders, including the ref! End of the day clean sheet on a miserable day, 2nd in the league. Would of snapped your arm off if you had said that at the start of the season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mustard said:

I don't get it either.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It’s broke, there’s a long list of reasons why but it’s to the benefit of BRFCS. Or I think this will help, we will see. You can still reply to other comments in the other thread here, just visit that thread, quote the post, copy and the reply box, paste it here and reply. 

• Like 1

Didn't realise Mr Stroud was one of our mods. God help this site if that's the case lol. Agree about an earlier post that 2 million spent on a pitch doesn't equate with the jewels of the Premiership. Does anyone think the V's realise how close we are getting onboard that dream?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Where on earth do you get that from?.  He's light years behind Ryan.  Probably one of best in the division at the moment in my opinion. Did you not see him set up Bucko the other day ?

Players always get better when they don't play. A football given.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s broke, there’s a long list of reasons why but it’s to the benefit of BRFCS. Or I think this will help, we will see. You can still reply to other comments in the other thread here, just visit that thread, quote the post, copy and the reply box, paste it here and reply. 

Like that's going to happen.

• Like 3

Winning run ends but unbeaten run continues. Brave effort today. Watched Huddersfield's last match and predicted this was going to be a toughy. They stifled us and the pitch didn't help us. The ref, well what can you say, pathetic, but God loves a trier, maybe he'll improve though I doubt it.

If drawing is as bad as it gets this season then I'll be happy. Come on you Blues.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Like that's going to happen.

🤷‍♂️ I’m struggling for another fix unfortunately. If it’s really stressing anyone out send me a DM and I’ll explain why I’m doing it and the problem I’m trying to fix, open to any other suggestions!

• Like 1

Rovers started the first half well(first 20 mins) where we had a great opportunity to score with Khadra who shot hit the bar. Apart from that we didn't much throughout the entire game after that. It was one of those matches where it nil nil or side wins 1 nil. Kaminski made a good save in the first half and apart from that had very little to do. Both defences did their jobs very well and limited the other team chances to very little. 

Rovers defensive was very good all game. Attacking wise it just wasn't our day and they had very little opportunity to stamp their mark on it. 

Nyambe was very poor today in an attacking sense and where I like Rovers to strengthen in January by bringing in better attacking wing back. 

The referee's performance was shocking all game all game. Didn't have a clue to be honest. 

Another clean sheet and second place on the major positive out of today's game. Lets just win the next game and keep our unbeaten run going

Well done to over 14,000 Rovers fans on today support the club, players and Mowbray. We sang most of the time and its was good atmosphere in the Blackburn End.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

🤷‍♂️ I’m struggling for another fix unfortunately. If it’s really stressing anyone out send me a DM and I’ll explain why I’m doing it and the problem I’m trying to fix, open to any other suggestions!

We could just ban after match discussions?

A lot of the conversation and focus as is typical with football fans is focused on the referee, I don't think he was very good but we didn't win today because aside from the first 10/15 minutes we didn't play very well and never looked like scoring, we don't need the scapegoat of the referee. Got over the line v Barnsley but the same 11 repeatedly has correctly been played but seems to be tiring and will benefit from a week or even two off.

I thought when I saw the Brereton "foul" at the ground that he was fouled on the edge of the box, never regained his balance and then there was no second foul, more a case of him never regaining his balance and trying to buy a foul in the box, having seen it back I haven't seen much to change that opinion. The foul on Dolan was a red card but it wasn't really a game changing moment, nor was the Van Hecke clear second yellow.

We should have scored early through Khadra, brilliant pass by Buckley although his inability/unwillingness to shoot cost him (and us) at times, letting attacks fizzle out. Lenihan was man of the match for me, brilliant again. 

Also agree with others, don't see the point at all in the disruptive secondary match thread.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

Crack on, keep up the good work. Apologies for jumping in without knowing the facts.

• Like 1

The two things that Rovers couldn't control, the weather and the referee, were the major influences on the game which I thought we just shaded. The intensity and quality of passing was a few levels below where it's been but the pitch played a big part in that. I thought several players looked tired on the heavy pitch today notably Buckley, Travis, Brereton and Khadra who will all benefit from a few days off. What has become our real strength, our defence was generally solid and it was only when we were chasing the game that Huddersfield created a couple of chances from breakaways. The referee was out there with Pluto today and his lack of consistency infuriated pretty much everyone. I sometimes think referees like this are seeking attention as they continually draw unnecessary attention to themselves. I was always trained as a referee to keep a low profile wherever possible by trying to stay in the background. Given the nature of the job it's not always possible to do this but generally this current crop of Select Group 2 referees appear to thrive on the attention they get. There certainly seems to be some big egos amongst them which simply shouldn't be in the DNA of any referee.

• Like 3