BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Post Match & MOTM

• Backroom

Nyambe was solid as a rock today, yes he made the wrong decision attacking a couple of times but who didn’t? They were all guilty of indecision around the box and not being brave enough at times

Also the talk is of the blatant red for the foul on Dolan but huge credit has to go to Dolan there as is he isn’t alert it’s a goal for them it was actually a brilliant piece of tracking 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Nyambe was solid as a rock today, yes he made the wrong decision attacking a couple of times but who didn’t? They were all guilty of indecision around the box and not being brave enough at times

Also the talk is of the blatant red for the foul on Dolan but huge credit has to go to Dolan there as is he isn’t alert it’s a goal for them it was actually a brilliant piece of tracking 

Agreed mate, I thought that at the time but then went into full on verbal assault mode on that absolute shiny helmet of a ref after he failed to sufficiently punish one of the worst fouls I've seen at Ewood in a while (including that from JPvH).

Edited by windymiller7

Not strictly match related, but who the hell is the new 'stadium announcer' at Ewood for the last couple of games? He can't get half the players names right, shouts at a ridiculous volume down the mic & even called bellendinho "Mr Stroud" !

It's like a combination between that guy from X-Factor & a boxing MC! I honestly thought he was going to say "and in the red corner" at one point.

I know the normal bloke can be a bit blaze (no idea how to put an accent over the 'e') at times,  but come on! Calm down a bit mate, & it's Khadra not Kadara, Joe, not John Rothwell, & we're sponsored by Macron not Maracon! That's in 2 games FFS & the bits I was actually listening to!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slowmo said:

I think Nyambe is great at what he does , but lacks the final ball . 

He's picking up good positions, but it needs to be someone with an end product receiving it in those positions. 

I have to agree with this - I think Nyambes a great defender, a fantastic athlete, a consummate professional, all round good bloke, and a joy to watch as he consistently physically dominates the opposing winger defensively and offensively time and time again.

But he really can't cross a ball, and that's a problem when the opposition is sitting deep with six or seven in and around the area.

Its not a personal attack on Nyambe, just a observation about one of the areas we need to improve at the moment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I know the normal bloke can be a bit blaze (no idea how to put an accent over the 'e') at times,

On phone or tablet press on the e and hold it till the options come up and slide to the one you want é. On PC you usually have to have number lock on, hold down alt key and type 130 I think it is. The other accents are there too I think è is alt 138 but it's a long time since, as a French teacher, I used them regularly and I don't remember the numbers as well as I used to.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J*B said:

🤷‍♂️ I’m struggling for another fix unfortunately. If it’s really stressing anyone out send me a DM and I’ll explain why I’m doing it and the problem I’m trying to fix, open to any other suggestions!

I don't know if 'stressing out' is the right phrase, but I'm sure plenty of posters are confused and curious. Surely just explaining it once in here for everyone to see makes a lot more sense than soliciting a string of individual DMs to reply to. That's more hassle for you and for any posters who would like to know.

Just now, gumboots said:

On phone or tablet press on the e and hold it till the options come up and slide to the one you want é. On PC you usually have to have number lock on, hold down alt key and type 130 I think it is. The other accents are there too I think è is alt 138 but it's a long time since, as a French teacher, I used them regularly and I don't remember the numbers as well as I used to. 

Off topic too but why are they still playing that awful version of Wild Rover pre and post match? Build up music is all strong and then this jolly little ditty comes on. I havent been to Ewood in quite a while and did think someone would have ditched it in my absence

9 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Surely the whole point of an advantage is to see if there is an advantage then pull it back. The fouled side should not be disadvantaged. 

It literally cannot be an advantage if brereton doesn't fully regain his balance after the first foul.

I don't think it was an advantage that came to nothing it felt like he just missed it.

Advantage was the correct decision at the time I thought. My point was that because it then carried into the penalty area, this became a bigger shout that overtook the initial foul in the crowds and teams eyes which seemed to work against us rather than get the initial foul. SmHaving seen it back, it was not a penalty after it so should have been called back to initial foul just outside the area.

something similar happened in the second half as well on one occasion where we would have been better with the stoppage, although I can’t remember exactly what it was.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

Advantage was the correct decision at the time I thought. My point was that because it then carried into the penalty area, this became a bigger shout that overtook the initial foul in the crowds and teams eyes which seemed to work against us rather than get the initial foul. SmHaving seen it back, it was not a penalty after it so should have been called back to initial foul just outside the area.

something similar happened in the second half as well on one occasion where we would have been better with the stoppage, although I can’t remember exactly what it was.

The second challenge is a penalty. How is it acceptable to shoulder an opponent in the back? If that happened anywhere outside the penalty area it's a free kick don't you agree?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Not strictly match related, but who the hell is the new 'stadium announcer' at Ewood for the last couple of games? He can't get half the players names right, shouts at a ridiculous volume down the mic & even called bellendinho "Mr Stroud" !

It's like a combination between that guy from X-Factor & a boxing MC! I honestly thought he was going to say "and in the red corner" at one point.

I know the normal bloke can be a bit blaze (no idea how to put an accent over the 'e') at times,  but come on! Calm down a bit mate, & it's Khadra not Kadara, Joe, not John Rothwell, & we're sponsored by Macron not Maracon! That's in 2 games FFS & the bits I was actually listening to!!

Also the announcing of the attendance to rapturous applause...what's that all about?

• Like 1

I suppose these kind of crowds are now a big deal, shows we’ve fallen a looonngg way fanbase wise this past decade.

All relative to what we have got used to. 16k now ‘feels’ like a big crowd, I.e tough to park, takes ages to get served in the Fox, packed concourses, an actual atmosphere, folk pointing at the Jack Walker in awe, mass of bodies walking up Livesey Branch at full time, yet this would obviously have been deemed a piss poor, Mary Celeste-esque of an attendance a decade ago 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Agreed, thought the exact same. After BBD’s winner against Barnsley he announced the goalscorer as just ‘Brereton Diaz’ - never heard a stadium announcer refer to a goalscorer by only his surname before. Unless of course he thought ‘Brereton’ is his first name which wouldn’t surprise me….

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, frosty said:

Agreed, thought the exact same. After BBD’s winner against Barnsley he announced the goalscorer as just ‘Brereton Diaz’ - never heard a stadium announcer refer to a goalscorer by only his surname before. Unless of course he thought ‘Brereton’ is his first name which wouldn’t surprise me….

Obviously parachuted in from some agency for PA announcers. 

Saw on Twitter that the usual fella is back next game.

• Like 2

It says a lot about how far we’ve come that a point against a team in the play offs which lifts us into the top 2, is underwhelming. What a remarkable season.

Re attendance. Yes, 16k would have been considered poor 10 years ago but we were getting only 9k earlier this season. It’s just good to see fans coming back to Ewood and hopefully (Covid permitting) we can continue to see an upward trend. 

• Like 3

I’ve no issue with the crowd. 6/7k buying match tickets just after new year at £30 to £36 a pop is a bloody good effort. But with such low ST numbers it has a limit and there’s nowt we can do about that now.

To really compound this increase and make the most of this piqued interest, we need to now start getting the ST base back on the rise from the summer - obviously we go up and that won’t be too challenging, but even if we have a glorious failure, there’s still every chance of a big rise for next season, as long as marketed and priced right…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this , but for me the weak link in our team is travis . Never been the same player since his injury. Always slows it down to much when the ball is given to him . 

Could see the difference today in quality between him and O'brien. 

Both do the same job but one can pass and move the ball efficiently.

His shithousery is great and he always gives his all . But for me if he had a ball winner who could pass we would be even more dangerous on the transition. Numerous times we could have broke yesterday and e either passed back or sideways or took 5 touches.

Also the majority of our offsides come from him holding onto the ball that few seconds too long before the pass comes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I suppose these kind of crowds are now a big deal, shows we’ve fallen a looonngg way fanbase wise this past decade.

All relative to what we have got used to. 16k now ‘feels’ like a big crowd, I.e tough to park, takes ages to get served in the Fox, packed concourses, an actual atmosphere, folk pointing at the Jack Walker in awe, mass of bodies walking up Livesey Branch at full time, yet this would obviously have been deemed a piss poor, Mary Celeste-esque of an attendance a decade ago 

It used to be that busy I would park at the services and walk to Ewood, as there was no point even trying to drive into the town.  16k is a good turn out given events of the last 11 years and hopefully it is a sign that we can get better attendances, if the club/team continues to perform.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this , but for me the weak link in our team is travis . Never been the same player since his injury. Always slows it down to much when the ball is given to him . 

Could see the difference today in quality between him and O'brien. 

Both do the same job but one can pass and move the ball efficiently.

His shithousery is great and he always gives his all . But for me if he had a ball winner who could pass we would be even more dangerous on the transition. Numerous times we could have broke yesterday and e either passed back or sideways or took 5 touches.

Also the majority of our offsides come from him holding onto the ball that few seconds too long before the pass comes.

Seen this sort of view start to crop up a bit recently. Reminds me a bit of the stick Savage used to get.

We're better off having a Travis who can get stuck in and break down opposing attacks and pass the ball over than having another ball player who is less effective defensively. 

For me a huge part of our run so far has been down to the Travis and Rothwells excellent partnership. Id hesitate to change it.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Seen this sort of view start to crop up a bit recently. Reminds me a bit of the stick Savage used to get.

We're better off having a Travis who can get stuck in and break down opposing attacks and pass the ball over than having another ball player who is less effective defensively. 

For me a huge part of our run so far has been down to the Travis and Rothwells excellent partnership. Id hesitate to change it.

I like trav . Just feel he needs to stick to what he's good at. Think he's starting to think he's more of a footballer so to speak than he is. 

If he was quicker and just looked for rothwell or bucko straight away I think it would benefit us massively . He tries to go on little runs . Final ball is poor . And we either loose possession or he has slowed the move right down.

Nyambe is also guilty of this .

Savage used to get the ball and give it straight to tugay for example. He knew his limitations as a footballer.  And because of that it worked 

Also not saying we need another ball player. Just highlighting the difference between someone who can put a foot in but also uses the ball well.

Obv the reason he's linked with big money to the prem

Edited by Rochdale_rover

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Some muppets are still calling them poor crowds, i really do wonder at times about the grasp of reality of some of our lot.

Still the crowds getting applauded is better than back in the day when 4 reasonably packed terraces got announced as 10 or 12k. To the cries of '#### ###' from the BBE !

Bill Fox knew how to pinch a penny or two from Mrs T.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gumboots said:

Thanks Gumboots. Just tried the press & hold thing & they all come up. You learn something new every day!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, damo100 said:

'Because' no sooner do Rovers not carry on their incredible 6 game winning streak,  or score today when we've averaged over 2 goals per game at Ewood, they also continue to be the Championships 2nd highest scorers and you post asking for a new striker?

Wow.....

Wow.😂 You're a bit precious.  

I'm pretty certain that if you ask Mowbray, he'd want a new striker in.  We are clearly light on numbers. It's pointing out where we can improve, not assassinating the players we have. 

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wow.😂 You're a bit precious.  

I'm pretty certain that if you ask Mowbray, he'd want a new striker in.  We are clearly light on numbers. It's pointing out where we can improve, not assassinating the players we have. 

I think Mowbray has been thinking about a new striker since Poveda got that bad injury.

It 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The second challenge is a penalty. How is it acceptable to shoulder an opponent in the back? If that happened anywhere outside the penalty area it's a free kick don't you agree?

It happens all over the pitch, not all are given.  Less likely to be given in the area as well - just the way it is.

Not a penalty for me, but the initial foul definitely was one which was a shame it didn’t work out to our favour. 

would you have been happy had the same penalty been given against us?

I don’t think the referee had a great game by all accounts - certainly lots of frustrating things. However, I don’t think he got everything wrong as Mowbray is suggesting. Not an easy game on that surface, so a decent point.

2 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

It 

It happens all over the pitch, not all are given.  Less likely to be given in the area as well - just the way it is.

Not a penalty for me, but the initial foul definitely was one which was a shame it didn’t work out to our favour. 

would you have been happy had the same penalty been given against us?

I don’t think the referee had a great game by all accounts - certainly lots of frustrating things. However, I don’t think he got everything wrong as Mowbray is suggesting. Not an easy game on that surface, so a decent point.

He didn't send Van Hecke off---he easily could have. 

• Like 2