BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Post Match & MOTM

As many have pointed out, my takeaway from the Huddersfield game is that we will need at least 2 quality players in during January is we're to stay in the top 6.

The team has done extraordinarily well to get so high in the table but to keep up that sort of form for another 20 games or so is unrealistic given that we'll inevitable suffer injuries/fatigue/individual and collective loss of form and occasionally some bad luck

As it stands, this team could finish in the top 6 but I'd say the odds are still against us given the relatively small size of the squad

• Like 3

There was a moment about 25 minutes in when the away fans first sang 'you're not fit to referee', and then for the next 5 to 10 minutes he gave them everything leading up to Mowbray booking. It was the most clear case of the crowd influencing the ref's decisions Ive seen in a long while. Once the home fans got on his back as well he didn't know what to do so basically just got most things wrong.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

It 

It happens all over the pitch, not all are given.  Less likely to be given in the area as well - just the way it is.

Not a penalty for me, but the initial foul definitely was one which was a shame it didn’t work out to our favour. 

would you have been happy had the same penalty been given against us?

I don’t think the referee had a great game by all accounts - certainly lots of frustrating things. However, I don’t think he got everything wrong as Mowbray is suggesting. Not an easy game on that surface, so a decent point.

I would absolutely accept that as a penalty against us. It wasn't too dissimilar to the one not given for a push by a Spurs player on Jota recently. That was almost universally accepted as wrong.

The main thing a referee can offer in any one game is consistency then everyone knows where they stand. Yesterday the only consistency was his inconsistency as some free kicks were allowed to be taken yards from the incident and on others he insisted on the blade of grass where the incident occurred. Similarly what was a foul one minute wasn't the next. And this was for both teams.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I know the mods do a great job, but does setting up a new topic for post match discussion disrupt the flow a bit? I was going to respond to someone on the match thread? 

Agree, I don't like it.  I don't always come on right after the game and was wanting to make a comment or two on the other thread and couldn't.  I hear other posters breathing a sigh if relief they dodged my wisdom.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I would absolutely accept that as a penalty against us. It wasn't too dissimilar to the one not given for a push by a Spurs player on Jota recently. That was almost universally accepted as wrong.

The main thing a referee can offer in any one game is consistency then everyone knows where they stand. Yesterday the only consistency was his inconsistency as some free kicks were allowed to be taken yards from the incident and on others he insisted on the blade of grass where the incident occurred. Similarly what was a foul one minute wasn't the next. And this was for both teams.

I certainly agree on the inconsistencies. Seemed to be advantages for us, but immediate whistles for small things on their players which were questionable in the first place. Certainly disrupted the flow of the game after first 20 minutes.

Edited by SamTheShrew
  • Like 1

Ref definately poor, Van Hecke was lucky at the end not tonwalk.  He has to watch that side of his game.  By the same token the reckless lunge from behind should have seen the terriers player walk.  You could see after about 30 mins our lads looked tired, they all need a break for the cup.

Can we please give Khadra another shit at freekicks and corners.  He was iutstanding with then against Sheff U, not seen him take anything since.  Give him another shot, some real quality deliveries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Agree, I don't like it.  I don't always come on right after the game and was wanting to make a comment or two on the other thread and couldn't.  I hear other posters breathing a sigh if relief they dodged my wisdom.

OK, let’s try this differently. Like this post if this is a terrible idea and I need to find an alternative. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’m ambivalent about it, I’ve noticed some other forums do it.

So what’s the rationale?

Long story short it really helps Google (and in turn people finding us, generating new members) and opens significantly more advertising opportunities.

Longer version: At the moment the forum is viable and earns enough money that I know it’ll never go under. But not enough money to do what I want to do. I dream of big things, I’d LOVE to put on a free BRFCS bus to Wembley if we got to the playoff final, for example, but to do that I need to get people using the front page of the website or I’ll never earn enough to do it without risking the website. The forum is maxed out for revenue, I’ve got pop up ads running (although we don’t accept ads for the big funders - betting companies, vaping companies and the sex industry) and some great sponsors in The Terrace and The Rovers Trust. So the only way to get to the next stage is to generate more money from the front page, which is what I’m trying to do by starting a new thread and encouraging people to use the MOTM feature. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I see. Take it you can’t just add an MOTM poll and link to the existing thread?

I can but that doesn’t get any more traction on the front page which is where the revenue comes from. 

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can but that doesn’t get any more traction on the front page which is where the revenue comes from. 

I have no problem with it and to be extremely blunt, nor should anyone else, Given we enjoy its pleasure for free. Anyway what Rover would not mind 1 more thread to have that giant billboard erected 🤔

• Like 4

12 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Not strictly match related, but who the hell is the new 'stadium announcer' at Ewood for the last couple of games? He can't get half the players names right, shouts at a ridiculous volume down the mic & even called bellendinho "Mr Stroud" !

It's like a combination between that guy from X-Factor & a boxing MC! I honestly thought he was going to say "and in the red corner" at one point.

I know the normal bloke can be a bit blaze (no idea how to put an accent over the 'e') at times,  but come on! Calm down a bit mate, & it's Khadra not Kadara, Joe, not John Rothwell, & we're sponsored by Macron not Maracon! That's in 2 games FFS & the bits I was actually listening to!!

Matt who usually does it has had COVID, and the team in general is a bit depleted at the minute. Someone filling in who's obviously less versed in Rovers knowledge.

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I have no problem with it and to be extremely blunt, nor should anyone else, Given we enjoy its pleasure for free. Anyway what Rover would not mind 1 more thread to have that giant billboard erected 🤔

Thanks Ulrich.

And to recap, if I could encourage everyone to use the front page of BRFCS (BRFCS.com) for all their latest rovers news, fixtures, read the fantastic articles, use the incredible match centre (which is quicker and in more detail than BBC sport, for example) and vote for their MOTM after every game that would be superb and very helpful. This ends my TedTalk. 

• Like 5

J*B, thanks for the explanation. I thought someone had spoken out of turn. I didn't know it was to do with advertising income for the site.

I didn't know about the Match Centre which I shall try instead of BBC Sport.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I suppose these kind of crowds are now a big deal, shows we’ve fallen a looonngg way fanbase wise this past decade.

All relative to what we have got used to. 16k now ‘feels’ like a big crowd, I.e tough to park, takes ages to get served in the Fox, packed concourses, an actual atmosphere, folk pointing at the Jack Walker in awe, mass of bodies walking up Livesey Branch at full time, yet this would obviously have been deemed a piss poor, Mary Celeste-esque of an attendance a decade ago 

It was below average this time 20 years ago. 

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Thanks Ulrich.

And to recap, if I could encourage everyone to use the front page of BRFCS (BRFCS.com) for all their latest rovers news, fixtures, read the fantastic articles, use the incredible match centre (which is quicker and in more detail than BBC sport, for example) and vote for their MOTM after every game that would be superb and very helpful. This ends my TedTalk. 

Sorry @J*B, but just to clarify, if I click back to the home page from time to time, it helps the site? Absolutely no problem in doing so btw.

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Sorry @J*B, but just to clarify, if I click back to the home page from time to time, it helps the site? Absolutely no problem in doing so btw.

Absolutely it helps the site. In an ideal world you’d enjoy reading an article, use the match centre and use the other features, but as a bare minimum navigating to BRFCS.com then going to the forum via the main page helps. 

• Like 4