BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Post Match & MOTM

With Fulham's two games in hand and Bournemouth on 49 points it would've been great to get the win today, but Huddersfield are a really tough side this season, proving that by beating Forest away recently, so you have to look at it as a point gained, especially when you find yourself playing against the ref as well.

Incredible that we are currently 2nd in the table at the start of the year! This is the most likeable group of players we've had in a long time and they are throwing everything they've got at it this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Any news on the Pickering injury? Like everyone he wasn't at his best today and was no better going forward than Nyambe, but any absence would be a blow as he has proved a very dependable addition to our team.

It looked like a calf injury to me which is what kept him out earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

If Buckley and Travis don’t get yellows in the first half then I think we go on to win that match. The Buckley yellow was just one of Stroud’s baffling to shocking decisions that ruined an otherwise competitive and relatively enjoyable game of football. Buckley has been booked a number of times in first halves this season and it has always led to a reduction in his presence in the second period. Huddersfield were rarely overran in the second half, unlike the first 20 minutes where I thought we were outstanding as they struggled to come to terms with the conditions and the tyro that is the ‘new’ Buckley was at his best. We didn’t create too much throughout but I put that down to a very solid defensive display from the Terriers.  The most influential person on the pitch was the referee and that tells you everything you need to know. He’ll be back in Huddersfield by now, genuflecting to his bust of Herbert Chapman. Twonk 

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

If Buckley and Travis don’t get yellows in the first half then I think we go on to win that match. The Buckley yellow was just one of Stroud’s baffling to shocking decisions that ruined an otherwise competitive and relatively enjoyable game of football. Buckley has been booked a number of times in first halves this season and it has always led to a reduction in his presence in the second period. Huddersfield were rarely overran in the second half, unlike the first 20 minutes where I thought we were outstanding as they struggled to come to terms with the conditions and the tyro that is the ‘new’ Buckley was at his best. We didn’t create too much throughout but I put that down to a very solid defensive display from the Terriers.  The most influential person on the pitch was the referee and that tells you everything you need to know. He’ll be back in Huddersfield by now, genuflecting to his bust of Herbert Chapman. Twonk 

The ref got plenty wrong, but the Buckley tackle was one of the clearer yellows you will see.

Buckley and Travis were both clear yellows to me. The Town lad and Van Hecke should have seen red for two yellows.

the BBD penalty shout first half, definite foul, to which correct advantage was played; however, one of those cases where the advantage puts you in a worse position sadly.

I thought Huddersfield were a well oiled unit so a decent point. They looked more likely to win at times. Whoever scored would have won 1-0. Frustrating that the pitch stifled Rothwell and Buckley games. TM made the right shout with Gallagher but should have put him more central and aimed for knockdowns.

the 3 centre halves were all excellent for me. Wharton or Lenihan MOTM. Wharton had no grace at all but crikey he does the job well.

an enjoyable visit to Ewood with a decent point and 2nd place. Happy new year!

Edited by SamTheShrew
  • Like 2

Stroud - Typical jumped up ex Prem ref wanting to 'run' the game rather than referee it.

How many times do we have to be on the wrong end of these idiots. That wasn't incompetence which is often the case. It was just downright ignorance and arrogance. Had the Rovers players incensed and having a go, had the crowd having a go, just decided to reply with his own petulance !

As for the game it was always going to be a tough one but we kept them down to very few chances even though we couldn't really create owt. Think they were more than happy to protect the point they started with if truth be told. We though do need to be able to shake things up with better use of substitutions. Like the last game the old TM is bubbling away not far under the surface he needs to be far more creative than repeating the same things.

Good crowd again all things considered, anyone saying otherwise is a bit of a clown imo.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Do you think I should avoid going to Ewood. Last time I went we got knocked out of the league Cup. Today we looked somewhat aimless, we got an appalling ref who helped neither side and seemed clueless, failed to capitalise on early pressure and ended up getting a 0-0. Im clearly a jinx

The referee interpreted this as reckless and cautioned for it. Not only that he passed the buck by holding his earpiece and looking at the AR in an effort to tell everyone he was advised by the AR to caution.

Shockingly poor.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The referee interpreted this as reckless and cautioned for it. Not only that he passed the buck by holding his earpiece and looking at the AR in an effort to tell everyone he was advised by the AR to caution.

Shockingly poor.

It looked like a red in real time and on repeat viewing looks like a deliberate assault and try at breaking Dolan's ankle. The ball isn't in the same Parish.

• Like 7

The consensus is that a number of players had an off day today, for a number of understandable reasons.

I just don't understand the overt personal criticism of Nyambe, though. 

No-one else since the Fulham game has been called 'abysmal' (see dictionary definition...), or been accused of having 'no clue...'

I just don't agree that he is sooo far behind the other 13 regulars. Seems to be a personal vendetta.

He's not perfect, but neither is BBD. 

Nyambe is streets ahead of Pickering at getting forward and being available in the opposing half, as well as 'always' being able to get back into defensive position. He creates just as many chances and goals as Pickering. They are both having a really good season.

Nyambe's energy levels are second to none. 

I think the personal abuse is over the top, unless also aimed at Rothwell and others.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The consensus is that a number of players had an off day today, for a number of understandable reasons.

I just don't understand the overt personal criticism of Nyambe, though. 

No-one else since the Fulham game has been called 'abysmal' (see dictionary definition...), or been accused of having 'no clue...'

I just don't agree that he is sooo far behind the other 13 regulars. Seems to be a personal vendetta.

He's not perfect, but neither is BBD. 

Nyambe is streets ahead of Pickering at getting forward and being available in the opposing half, as well as 'always' being able to get back into defensive position. He creates just as many chances and goals as Pickering. They are both having a really good season.

Nyambe's energy levels are second to none. 

I think the personal abuse is over the top, unless also aimed at Rothwell and others.

So you do not condone the level of personal abuse against one player, but think it should be negated by abuse of other players ?

2 hours ago, SamTheShrew said:

the BBD penalty shout first half, definite foul, to which correct advantage was played; however, one of those cases where the advantage puts you in a worse position 

Surely the whole point of an advantage is to see if there is an advantage then pull it back. The fouled side should not be disadvantaged. 

It literally cannot be an advantage if brereton doesn't fully regain his balance after the first foul.

I don't think it was an advantage that came to nothing it felt like he just missed it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Because?

'Because' no sooner do Rovers not carry on their incredible 6 game winning streak,  or score today when we've averaged over 2 goals per game at Ewood, they also continue to be the Championships 2nd highest scorers and you post asking for a new striker?

Wow.....

Edited by damo100

8 hours ago, Tony Rover said:

Pitch was a disgrace, totally stopped us playing our game. Whatever happens it needs addressing come the end of the season. Normally a big fan of Nyambe but big disappointment today, too many opportunities wasted. Maybe harsh to single him out as there were a few not firing on all cylinders, including the ref! End of the day clean sheet on a miserable day, 2nd in the league. Would of snapped your arm off if you had said that at the start of the season.

Oh no, make no mistake about it, Nyambe was rotten today. Brutal decision making, and lethargic for me. 

Fortunately, that’s the worst he has played all year. 

Edited by Fraserkirky