BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Gavrover said:

Rothwell played in any Bournemouth friendlies? Not seen owt? 

Played in one the other day where they got beat by Bristol City. Consensus from their fans seems to be that they’re going straight back down. I’m inclined to agree

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How is Parker a "fraud" ?

His two promotions have been with teams who have spent millions and they’ve scraped over the line both times. The amount of scrappy late wins they got against poor teams last season… Fulham fans think he’s awful, a good chunk of Bournemouth fans do too

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

His two promotions have been with teams who have spent millions and they’ve scraped over the line both times. The amount of scrappy late wins they got against poor teams last season… Fulham fans think he’s awful, a good chunk of Bournemouth fans do too

Nothing there justifies the use of the word "fraud".  Most teams who get promoted from the Championship have spent millions because the parachute payments system gives them that advantage - albeit often they will have raised millions in transfer fees through sales of their 2 or 3 best players. All the manager can do is get his team promoted, which is what Parker has done in his 2 seasons in the Championship. Good managers do get late wins - Paisley and Ferguson were masters at it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt call him a fraud,smart arse ****,fanny football connoiseur and generally not a good manager are better descriptions

He was the same at Fulham for two seasons before joining Bournemouth. Never understood why he's so highly rated as a manager.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Not sure how somebody who wants promotion and holds that as the standard is seen as trying to wind people up now. Not everybody is buying into this youth project, a project which means we can likely forget about promotion for a few more years.

IMO, it's ridiculous the amount of stick that is being aimed at posters who refuse to parrott club propaganda and go along with the "all is rosy in the garden" narrative. We've already had "it's not 1994 anymore", "he's a dingle", "he's a Preston fan" and "I can't take you seriously". All aimed at fans who demand better.

Promotion is the standard, it damn well should be anyway, and Carter and the rest of the kids aren't up to that standard. Simple as, for me.

At this moment in time, it's blind hope that JDT and Broughton will sort it out, in my opinion. Imagine this pair weren't here right now and we had Mowbray/Adkins/Ferguson in the dugout, with one signing through the door and the season days away.

You can imagine how different the reaction and concern would be on here...yet there's no need to stress and we should chill as Broughton is here? Yeah, right. Broughton has it all to do, in a role he has never worked in before. We need some realism here.

When people are slating the academy and not wanting to use players from it despite it being the backbone of our club since our heavy spending days in the 90s then yeah I think it’s a wind up, just looking for reactions.

you are demanding better by not wanting us to use our academy? I’d love some logic for that! 

promotion is the standard based on what? 10 years of mid table finishes and 1 relegation? People like me are willing to give this new process a chance because it might lay the foundations for us challenging at the right end of the table so yeah if it was adkins I would be fuming because I would believe we had no direction or game plan. There is a clear direction and structure in place and I for one am happy to give them time to see how they get on before running to ewood with pitchforks after 4 weeks and zero games played which you seem to want to do. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

They shouldn’t be 

Upset, maybe not albeit I did put that in quotation marks. Frustrated/worried that we are going into the season with only one signing having lost half of our starting 11 before considering other squad members, is that fair? I would say so personally.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Nothing there justifies the use of the word "fraud".  Most teams who get promoted from the Championship have spent millions because the parachute payments system gives them that advantage - albeit often they will have raised millions in transfer fees through sales of their 2 or 3 best players. All the manager can do is get his team promoted, which is what Parker has done in his 2 seasons in the Championship. Good managers do get late wins - Paisley and Ferguson were masters at it.

Perhaps fraud is strong. I would certainly say he’s been very fortunate though. A good manager would have been able to keep Fulham up with the money he was allowed to spend there. I expect Bournemouth this season to be up there as one of the worst performing premier league teams this decade 

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with untold millions to achieve it,which he only just did

How many millions was that ? As I pointed out, parachute payment clubs have an advantage - you don't hold that against the manager and call them a fraud.

Dalglish had a huge financial advantage managing us in the Second Division but had to rely on the play-offs to get promoted. Was he a "fraud" as well ?

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How many millions was that ? As I pointed out, parachute payment clubs have an advantage - you don't hold that against the manager and call them a fraud.

Dalglish had a huge financial advantage managing us in the Second Division but had to rely on the play-offs to get promoted. Was he a "fraud" as well ?

i did`nt call him a fraud so you are misquoting me here

49 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How is Parker a "fraud" ?

His fulham team was the best man for man team I’ve ever seen at this level, and he took two seasons to get them up. And even then it was playoffs!

Transfer related - just not Rovers.
This reminds me of the day we welcomed Richard Brown to the club 🤣

When the fans come together it’s a strong power, as in this clip. We need that this season. If only the Blackburn end could sing together 🤣🤪

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I didn't disagree on Brittain, I like you have seemingly not seen him very often and ultimately do not have a firm opinion either way, cautiously optimistic to see how he does

Well if you haven't seen him much fine but I have seen more than enough to know we make an quality signing there. 

9 hours ago, roverstdt said:

The fact is the starting 11 hasn't drastically changed: 

------------------Kaminski (SAME)-------------------

Brittain (NEW)------Ayala (NEW if you want)--------Wharton (Same)------Pickering (Same)

-----------------Travis (Same)----------Buckley (SAME)

Dolan/Markanday/Hedges (Same)-------Dack (Same)----------Diaz (Same)

-------------------------------Gallagher (Same)----------------------

Rothwell didn't start every game, neither did Khadra, I just don't get this panic 

Again, no panic, merely appropriate concern.

7 hours ago, phili said:

Yep they can increase to £20m a season without needing to sell the rest of the training ground etc.

The issue will be the wage budget and keeping it under control or substantially increasing turnover in the next couple of years.

I have no faith that Waggot can increase turnover. Only a genuine promotion bid will do that.

• Like 1