BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

No way would Allardyce done a better job than Southgate.  If Allardyce was still in the job we would still be seeing Joe Hart cahill Kevin Davies Rooney etc. Southgate did what no other England manager had the balls to do and that's bin off the underachieving old guard and invest in youth

Your opinion on Southgate seems to go from one extreme to another with each passing hour!

I very much doubt as strong as the reputation Allardyce unfairly has is that we would have a team full of retired players.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

No way would Allardyce done a better job than Southgate.  If Allardyce was still in the job we would still be seeing Joe Hart cahill Kevin Davies Rooney etc. Southgate did what no other England manager had the balls to do and that's bin off the underachieving old guard and invest in youth

What was it you said the other day? Something about Southgate not being able to get the best out of Messi?

Make your mind up!

You change your tune every day of the week, fella!

30 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Argentina needed to get a win last night to ensure they qualified.

They played Poland off the park when the pressure was on.

That's stepping up to me!

Messi went up a couple of gears with, imo, more to come. He wants this WC.

He will be messimeric in the games to come.

• Like 3

• Backroom

It seems churlish to suggest Argentina didn't step up last night. Yes Poland were abysmal, but it was still a masterclass of a performance from Argentina, penalty and subsequent penalty miss aside. Iran were shit when they played us, but I'd still say we stepped up and made a statement of intent with our performance. Just because the opposition is dire doesn't mean a team can't put on a great performance to make a point.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your opinion on Southgate seems to go from one extreme to another with each passing hour!

I very much doubt as strong as the reputation Allardyce unfairly has is that we would have a team full of retired players.

I never mentioned tactically. I said Allardyce wouldn't have got us to a final or semi final because hes tactically poor too. I have never wavered in my opinion that Southgate is tactically poor I just said that he's brought through youth. Something Allardyce wouldn't have done 

58 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Argentina needed to get a win last night to ensure they qualified.

They played Poland off the park when the pressure was on.

That's stepping up to me!

Poland basically like I said yesterday threw the towel in. There was no challenge.  We will see when they come up against a decent team. They haven't played anyone yet and I know England haven't either 

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

It seems churlish to suggest Argentina didn't step up last night. Yes Poland were abysmal, but it was still a masterclass of a performance from Argentina, penalty and subsequent penalty miss aside. Iran were shit when they played us, but I'd still say we stepped up and made a statement of intent with our performance. Just because the opposition is dire doesn't mean a team can't put on a great performance to make a point.

I agree with that. At least someone gives England some credit

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Allardyce worked with what he had available. The myth of hoofball persists and to dispel that look just at the quality players he brought in at Bolton.

He would have a solid base for sure but would have utilised the emerging youth like Foden and Grealish a lot more.

He's also a winner which helps.

I really can't imagine Allardyce dropping Rooney Hart cahill etc from the squad completely.  

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Wasn't offside.  The player in an offside position wasn't involved in play. Sick of the big nations getting favourable decisions 

One lad was offside but wasn't involved. Lovren was deemed to be because the edge of his shoulder was past the defender.

I think that they used the wrong VAR. I don't think that Carrasco touched the attacker's foot. 

Belgium look old.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Are we one of the "big" countries that get favourable decisions (thinking back to Sterling diving for the penalty that took us to the Euro final) or is it part of the agenda against us?

We very rarely get favourable decisions. 

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

One lad was offside but wasn't involved. Lovren was deemed to be because the edge of his shoulder was past the defender.

I think that they used the wrong VAR. I don't think that Carrasco touched the attacker's foot. 

Belgium look old.

Croatia not looking great either, honestly.

18 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I think that they used the wrong VAR. I don't think that Carrasco touched the attacker's foot

Belgium look old.

Me too. From Taylors position he probably thought he did.

VAR acted correctly and picked up on the first error, the offside.

BBC co commentator bitching about it but VAR was spot on, imo 

10 minutes ago, JohnD said:

A coin toss would be more exciting than this, Croatia v Belgium 😟

The first 90 seconds were ok, then it went downhill, fast.

Belgium captained by a guy who publically states that they are too old and can't be bothered to even mime their national anthem. Not a good look.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2