BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

This WC feels wrong in every aspect (time of year, host, corruption etc) and I have never before been this un-interested in a WC before. Don’t care who plays the opening game, don’t care who wins etc….just want it to be over so we can get back to club-football. The WC and EC are supposed to be little DLCs to be played every other year after the main game is completed - not some lootbox you don’t really need, but have to buy to proceed. Ohh…and it will be a hoot when star players start picking up injuries in the heat. This will be a real shitshow….

• Like 2

This could be fun ......

"the 2022 World Cup will introduce a radical new semi-automated offside detection system. The new technology, trialled at the FIFA Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi and at the Arab Cup in Qatar, utilises a limb-tracking camera system to track player movements and a sensor in the ball. It then quickly shows 3D images on stadium screens at the tournament to help fans understand the referee’s call.

Each stadium in Qatar will have 12 cameras beneath the roof, synchronised to track 29 data points on each player’s body 50 times per second. Data is processed with artificial intelligence to create a 3D offside line that is alerted to the team of VAR officials"

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2022/10/20/key-questions-answered-one-month-before-world-cup-2022

BTW .. the weather should not be too hot in Qatar mid Nov to mid Dec. It can be a bit windy.

Any way this WC is worth a shite load of dollars to Beckham so it must be ok .....🤔and Turkey and Pakistan are sending loads of security officers and 'troops' to assist the Qataris ..... let me think about that one .............

Qatar in a relatively small place and the WC is being held in a small area of the country. It will run very smoothly or be a complete and utter shambles if anything kicks off.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

For those looking forward to watching it, who are people's tips to win it? Hard to look past the South Americans (Brazil and Argentina) for me. Weather will help, whilst the Brazilians have the best squad IMO. Argentina are unbeaten in 35(?) games - so they'll be a tough nut to crack for anyone and have some real match winners.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

For those looking forward to watching it, who are people's tips to win it? Hard to look past the South Americans (Brazil and Argentina) for me. Weather will help, whilst the Brazilians have the best squad IMO. Argentina are unbeaten in 35(?) games - so they'll be a tough nut to crack for anyone and have some real match winners.

I would have thought that the weather is very different between Brazil / Argentina, very humid. And Qatar, very dry. 

Still not interested in the world cup yet. I will be able to watch all games if I wish to but I will pick and choose the games I will watch. 

31 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I would say Germany, Spain, Argentina and Brazil will be favourites for it. Tho England might surprise contender depending on form and how we take to conditions

• Like 1

It's a total joke really. The entire world cup is being played in an area about as big as and  with the rough population of Yorkshire, and the indentured labour practices are horrific.

The international football community needs to figure out how travesties like this world cup or awarding Russia last time can be avoided.

I've got no problem with new territories getting world cups providing they hit some base level of size - 30M people? And have respectable human rights records. This needs to be part of the selection criteria. If not democracies need to be willing to walk away from FIFA.

I fear we are not far away from a world cup in China - obviously will qualify on the size aspect, but human rights are totally unacceptable. How does the west handle that?

Ill do my best to get enthused by Qatar but its going to be tough going. I hope the players use the platform to protest.

On 24/10/2022 at 12:28, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don't think Brazil or Argentinas squad are all that. Yes they are both playing well but that's Down to team chemistry. France have by far the best squad followed by England Brazil Argentina Portugal etc. Brazils fullback options are poor.  Their forward options aren't particularly great.  Argentina don't possess Any outstanding players apart from messi