BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

Anybody on here want to do a World Cup prediction competition ? 

[BRFCS has some mugs that could be given to the winner…if we can persuade @J*B to help…]

I’m thinking for Phase 1 predict the England group game scores & the eight Quarter finalists…then back to score predictions for the QF, SF & final games.

Scoring: 3 points correct scoreline, 1 point for right outcome but wrong score, 2 points for each QF correctly predicted…

Like this post if you fancy it…if enough interest I’ll sort out an Excel spreadsheet…👍🏻

• Like 5

As a kid I used to enjoy doing the sticker books trying and failing to fill it (although have a fully completed italia 90 esso coin collection somewhere in the loft). Doing swaps on the playground/class, desperately searching for some randomer like Ludek Miklosko while having several baggios or Maldinis. So I thought would get the young un one.

Did not think that one through. Forgot there’s a ludicrous 32 teams and with 20 players each, pics of every crest, pics of the stadia, etc, etc, it’s about 700 bloody stickers. That’ll no doubt cost me a pretty penny. The World Cup and euros should go back to 24 team and 16 or 8 teams respectively, if for no other reason that the kiddies have manageable sticker albums. 

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

As a kid I used to enjoy doing the sticker books trying and failing to fill it (although have a fully completed italia 90 esso coin collection somewhere in the loft). Doing swaps on the playground/class, desperately searching for some randomer like Ludek Miklosko while having several baggios or Maldinis. So I thought would get the young un one.

Did not think that one through. Forgot there’s a ludicrous 32 teams and with 20 players each, pics of every crest, pics of the stadia, etc, etc, it’s about 700 bloody stickers. That’ll no doubt cost me a pretty penny. The World Cup and euros should go back to 24 team and 16 or 8 teams respectively, if for no other reason that the kiddies have manageable sticker albums. 

I had the Orbis World Cup 90 and Panini completed

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I've never been so disinterested in a world cup.  Not even bothered to watch it but will take in some games if I have nothing else to do.  Absolute disgrace of a tournament.  From the bribery, the unsuitability of the climate and country size, to the switch to winter to the migrant deaths etc...

• Like 3

Couldn't care less about a corrupted World Cup in a backward inverted shit hole of a country. The game at that level is an insult to all of us, and should be regarded as something to be shunned. 

I'm boycotting. Are you?

8 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Couldn't care less about a corrupted World Cup in a backward inverted shit hole of a country. The game at that level is an insult to all of us, and should be regarded as something to be shunned. 

I'm boycotting. Are you?

I'm certainly not boycotting- I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully England can do what we've just done in the cricket.

10 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I'm boycotting. Are you?

I'm going to Thailand.

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Yes but theres barely any televised games, suppose they'll probably be accessible on the iptv though.

The under 21's are playing Porto at Ewood on Wednesday with a 7 pm kick off and Aston Villa at Leyland on Saturday with a 1 pm start. Quite often these are better games than the first team and really enjoyable. It might satisfy your live football fix for a week of the Winter break.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The under 21's are playing Porto at Ewood on Wednesday with a 7 pm kick off

What’s the usual attendance at this level? I saw that fixture for a fiver and thought might head along unless something comes up. I’m guessing a couple of hundred   

I won't be boycotting but I won't be going out of my way to watch matches other than England's. The tournament and its organisers Fifa stink of corruption and the World Cup should never have been awarded to a country like Qatar and nor should it be taking place at this time of year.  So yes, I'll be involved and backing England but it's not the same because it's been tainted. Something else that was wonderful crucified on the altar of money

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rigger said:

I'm going to Thailand.

As am I for 6 weeks starting 6th December. From what I know the Thai government has refused or won't pay for any world Cup TV rights. 

Hope I'm wrong because the Thais love English football and to be among them when an England game is on is good fun. 

10 hours ago, matt83 said:

What’s the usual attendance at this level? I saw that fixture for a fiver and thought might head along unless something comes up. I’m guessing a couple of hundred   

It's normally a few hundred but we'll worth watching. For the match at Leyland it's free for season ticket holders.