BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

Just been reading the club email as thoughts turn to parting with the hard-earned (as if I'm not going to, fool that I am).

You have to laugh:

To secure your seat, simply click below. We strongly advise booking online to avoid queues and inconvenience. 

Don't get knocked over in the rush! Queues if you please! About as big a queue as at a local election polling station at 10pm.

Barring some radical change both on and off the pitch, I won’t be renewing for next season. Been a season ticket holder since I was 8 years old but I can’t justify spending hundreds of pounds on something I simply don’t enjoy anymore.

I get the feeling that I’m far from the only person with this stance either.

32 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

Just been reading the club email as thoughts turn to parting with the hard-earned (as if I'm not going to, fool that I am).

You have to laugh:

To secure your seat, simply click below. We strongly advise booking online to avoid queues and inconvenience. 

Don't get knocked over in the rush! Queues if you please! About as big a queue as at a local election polling station at 10pm.

Presumably they advise booking online as they are charging an extra £2 to anyone who does. That and it saves them having to do it at the Club shop.

This post was put on here back in February when I know many fans had aired huge concerns regards the ever dwindling fanbase and high ST prices.

Local clubs offering some good cheap affordable and flexible pricing and received the benefits of over 15k ST sales.

Offering £20 discount early bird will only attract current ST holders who Swag knows will renew no matter what, we really need to push on and get the fair weather fans to commit and own there own seat ST Ewood.

We have yet again missed a huge opportunity again imo and sadly I really can't see anything changing whilst Steve Waggot is CEO.

Edited by damo100

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Presumably they advise booking online as they are charging an extra £2 to anyone who does. That and it saves them having to do it at the Club shop.

How pathetically petty that is. £18 discount then. If that's how they treat their friends eh? mind you we should expect nothing less from this regime as has been remarked upon ad nauseam.

I really must be stupid. But then as this Watford fan put it so very well:

"There will be some people, unfamiliar with the concept of paying to be repeatedly inconvenienced, miserable and cold, who do not understand how any kind of dilemma exists here. The idea of doing this to yourself is manifestly imbecilic. But for football supporters, turning your back on your team is treachery. Our job is not just to enjoy the good times but to endure the bad. Turning up to watch a successful team means nothing; it is buying expensive season tickets for rubbish ones that defines us. More than that, it is only by enduring the bad that we can appreciate the good. Misery is an investment in future happiness."

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Went down this afternoon to renew as I was passing Ewood. Pretty straight forward procedure & there are plenty of staff behind the counter should a rush occur.

However, due to a credit card manufacturing blunder my transaction declined. Neither the club nor me are at fault just an inadequate credit card company that failed to informed its customers that re-issued cards don't work and are being re-issued but there's no timescale. 

May end up paying the £2 online. 

I managed to renew my season ticket today. The V12 website is a bit clunky so I managed to complete it all in 10 minutes.

The wife hasn’t been to a game since Huddersfield at home. I’ve not renewed that season ticket, so a bit of a saving on the outgoings. 

11 hours ago, goozburger said:

Bit of a late count but there are 104 more unavailable seats compared to yesterday afternoon. 10,507 unavailable in total.

We desperately need those new buyers to try and offset what I fear will be some serious drop off of existing ST holders (obviously we won’t know how bad until after the claim your seat deadline).

Edited by Mattyblue

I think quite a number will wait and see how summer begins to unfold. JDT will hopefully stay on, which will help massively, but also we could do with some signings of intent.

On that note, I haven't really been keeping up to date with Rovers news, but I've seen people saying it's just loans and frees this summer. I'm not sure how much heed we should pay to the hearsay. A similar budget to last summer might be sensible and acceptable to all sides.

On 27/04/2023 at 10:53, Mellor Rover said:

On a side note, the standard of food and drink, and more importantly the standard of those serving it on match days is up there with the worst in the league. Needs urgently addressing as it SHOULD be a very good income source.

Prestons is worse, pies and hotdogs are minging plus drinks not served cold and only sugar free 

What I really can’t understand is why the riverside ain’t a cheap option stand, 379 for most areas is still expensive, once again waggot to understanding the geographical side, Blackburn is a small deprived town with more than its fair share of glory hunters yet the club does so little to help that, there will be many rovers fans who can’t afford a season ticket full stop or can’t get finance, the idea of making the riverside same price was to tempt them over to the Jack Walker lower instead to fill it up for the cameras, even then most views in those data are poor unless you are more central and higher up, riverside should be the budget stand, why not give fans the option ? 300 quid for a season ticket there ? It may just mean those who can’t afford a season ticket may just be able too ? The stand is an eyesore anyway and the thousands of empty seats make it worse, it holds nearly 6k yet it’s more than half empty so how many season tickets holders does it have ? Plus make match day prices cheaper for that stand too ? The club lacks initiative, somebody mentioned the poor catering standards which is correct but also the club shop is crap nowadays, poor stock levels, the leisure wear is poor plus other unofficial merchandises, they should be kitting the place out with more retro shirts that are timeless and sell all year long plus dvds if the good years gone by etc 

59 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We don't know if it will even drop off.

No we don’t. Purely anecdotal from my point of view but I’ve not known so many saying they are not renewing since the summer Coyle was appointed and we lost around 2k that summer, from memory.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

No we don’t. Purely anecdotal from my point of view but I’ve not known so many saying they are not renewing since the summer Coyle was appointed and we lost around 2k that summer, from memory.

I was talking on Monday to 3 guys who sit near me in the JWU; all 3 have renewed already.

A chap who bought a half season ticket with his son has done the same.

All anecdotal of course though as you say, and the proof will be in the pudding.

My guess is that we'll see similar numbers to this season.

• Like 1

Hope so, end of the day there is always a ‘churn’ so the newbies coming in could well mean we end up around the same. But it was the club itself that also ‘hoped’ we’d get to 6k by the early bird deadline, so that tells me they aren’t selling like they were expecting.

Though the fact I ‘hope’ we sell a measly 9,000 ST says it all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

What I really can’t understand is why the riverside ain’t a cheap option stand, 379 for most areas is still expensive, once again waggot to understanding the geographical side, Blackburn is a small deprived town with more than its fair share of glory hunters yet the club does so little to help that, there will be many rovers fans who can’t afford a season ticket full stop or can’t get finance, the idea of making the riverside same price was to tempt them over to the Jack Walker lower instead to fill it up for the cameras, even then most views in those data are poor unless you are more central and higher up, riverside should be the budget stand, why not give fans the option ? 300 quid for a season ticket there ? It may just mean those who can’t afford a season ticket may just be able too ? The stand is an eyesore anyway and the thousands of empty seats make it worse, it holds nearly 6k yet it’s more than half empty so how many season tickets holders does it have ? Plus make match day prices cheaper for that stand too ? The club lacks initiative, somebody mentioned the poor catering standards which is correct but also the club shop is crap nowadays, poor stock levels, the leisure wear is poor plus other unofficial merchandises, they should be kitting the place out with more retro shirts that are timeless and sell all year long plus dvds if the good years gone by etc 

Most whispers/conversations anyone on here claims to have with people from within the club, myself included, suggest that Waggott wants those in the riverside to move over to the JW. It looks better on tv to have a full JW.

Me personally, I'd look into N01/N02 to be a'singing' and standing section, similar to Huddersfield. They generate a great atmosphere from that stand to the right of the away fans. I know people won't like to leave seats they've had for ages, and would need fair compensation, but our atmosphere at Ewood is poor. 2 Burnley supporting friends of mine I played golf with last night both said they couldn't believe how loud the Blackburn end was for their game, (came about because at Burnley the 'home end' is really poor atmosphere wise and they said it was good to see an opposing end with an atmosphere) and we need to be trying to generate that kind of support with the fans we do attract. 

I'd also shut the two blocks closest to the away fans in the Riverside and the closest block of the JW (until demand means we have to re open). Again, I understand the opposition to this move. We average 14k at home this season, including away fans. The 11-12k home fans we get on a Saturday should be concentrated in order to generate an atmosphere. Not spread out across a 31k seater stadium that is simply too big for us now.

On 28/04/2023 at 13:59, Mellor Rover said:

It's not just the prices either though. It's the whole matchday experience. It's shite. The songs played before the game are shite and bordering on deafening. The food is shite. The stewarding is shite. The bar staff are shite. The atmosphere is shite (no singing section STILL is mind blowing). The half time show is shite. I regularly get told to sit down from those behind me when standing up in anticipation of a goal. The ground is empty for the first ten mins, the end ten mins of the first half and the last ten mins of a game. Even the good ideas like the fanzone... two taps to get a pint from. If you're not there prior to 2pm, you aren't getting one in any sort of decent time.

The whole thing is rotten on a match day and needs a complete rethink. I've been to ten away grounds this season and every single one had a better matchday experience than that at Rovers on every single count of what's mentioned above.

The surround system that plays the music sounds horrid too, but I agree with everything you said there