BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

34 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Interesting to see what Swag does after the early bird deadline ends when he realises only 5k have been shifted. 

Has he actually told anyone about it?  I seem to remember the nobbers getting the feet on the ground last summer with posting season ticket offers across Preston, SR, etc...they sold about 12k...what does the marketing department do?

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Has he actually told anyone about it?  I seem to remember the nobbers getting the feet on the ground last summer with posting season ticket offers across Preston, SR, etc...they sold about 12k...what does the marketing department do?

Play with crayons until next April and if we are doing well they might dream up a 15 quid ticket offer against some small away following opposition.

• Like 1

Do we even have a marketing department? All I ever see are posts on Facebook etc and a template email that mentions tickets being on sale every now and then. Surely the social media team sorts that kind of stuff out.

Tinpot commercial operation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Do we even have a marketing department? All I ever see are posts on Facebook etc and a template email that mentions tickets being on sale every now and then. Surely the social media team sorts that kind of stuff out.

Tinpot commercial operation.

I think we do but the office door is a revolving one. The turnover of staff is alarming and earlier this year, after only a really short period in the job a senior commercial employee left to join FC United. That's how far we have dropped and the band just played on and on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So they are still planning to hike prices by £50 tomorrow.

This club 🤦‍♂️

Have they not lowered prices up until tomorrow, I got mine for £20 cheaper yesterday? 

The price goes from £379-£474 to £429-£529 from midnight, ergo up £50 for a product that is already not selling well by all accounts.

How many more do they actually now expect to sell from tomorrow when the exact same ticket (already the dearest in the area) will be considerably more expensive?

Edited by Mattyblue

I don't see it as prices going up, it was the same argument last season. The price was lowered as a bonus for existing ticket holders, I renewed mine yesterday. 

If they halved the prices, there isn't a chance we'd get twice as many in, we wouldn't "sell" out if they literally gave them away. 

There have been poor attendances over the last few weeks, despite the team being in the play offs virtually all season. That's despite the club nigh on giving them away. 

Waggott is scratting around for a couple more thousand who may or may not buy a season ticket,those people won't come flooding back until the club delivers the Premier league football that enticed them years ago. 

Then they can all sing "Rovers till I die" like they did against United in the Cup a few years back. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think we do but the office door is a revolving one. The turnover of staff is alarming and earlier this year, after only a really short period in the job a senior commercial employee left to join FC United. That's how far we have dropped and the band just played on and on.

It’s really depressing 🙈

10,787 unavailable seats is the current count. My last count was 10,403 on Monday lunch time, so there appears to have been 64 new season ticket sales per day. Would expect a sizeable increase once midnight has passed.

I'm not sure if we'll get a real picture of the numbers tomorrow, i.e., when the seats of those who haven't renewed turn from unavailable to available. There could be a huge drop once that count is done, but we'll see. You would expect anybody intending to renew to have done so by the end of today, or it's another £50+ or so thereafter.

Have the club said anything about a "reserve your seat" period? Or is it part of the Super Saver period?

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't see it as prices going up, it was the same argument last season. The price was lowered as a bonus for existing ticket holders, I renewed mine yesterday. 

If they halved the prices, there isn't a chance we'd get twice as many in, we wouldn't "sell" out if they literally gave them away. 

There have been poor attendances over the last few weeks, despite the team being in the play offs virtually all season. That's despite the club nigh on giving them away. 

Waggott is scratting around for a couple more thousand who may or may not buy a season ticket,those people won't come flooding back until the club delivers the Premier league football that enticed them years ago. 

Then they can all sing "Rovers till I die" like they did against United in the Cup a few years back. 

How do you explain Bolton and Preston hugely out selling us then.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

Miles off the mark.

£20 off, wow! Roll up, roll up.

We’ve 9k ST holders that’s why the crowds haven’t been massive in recent weeks. We have had 6/7k buying match tickets, which is plenty, but it still doesn’t move the dial much with so few ST holders as your base… but you know what, maybe don’t have season tickets double the price of Bolton’s, £100+ more than PNE  if you want to sell more!

Edited by Mattyblue

17 minutes ago, goozburger said:

10,787 unavailable seats is the current count. My last count was 10,403 on Monday lunch time, so there appears to have been 64 new season ticket sales per day. Would expect a sizeable increase once midnight has passed.

I'm not sure if we'll get a real picture of the numbers tomorrow, i.e., when the seats of those who haven't renewed turn from unavailable to available. There could be a huge drop once that count is done, but we'll see. You would expect anybody intending to renew to have done so by the end of today, or it's another £50+ or so thereafter.

Have the club said anything about a "reserve your seat" period? Or is it part of the Super Saver period?

So I’m theory that’s around 1.5k new purchasers, but is that ‘unavailable’ figure including the middle blocks of the JWU that aren’t ever purchasable?

Edited by Mattyblue

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So I’m theory that’s around 1.5k new purchasers, but is that ‘unavailable’ figure including the middle blocks of the JWU that aren’t ever purchasable?

No. They are corporate seats. I only include the following blocks:

• E01
  • E02
  • E03
  • E04
  • N01
  • N02
  • N03
  • N04
  • N05
  • W01 (minus 159 non-purchasable seats)
  • W02
  • W03
  • W04
  • W05
  • W06
  • W07
  • W08W
  • W08C
  • W11C
  • W11W
  • W12

This is what the spreadsheet looks like. I basically "glean" the number of available seats from the seat map and enter them in column C. The other columns do the rest.

seats.jpg

Edited by goozburger

Cheers.

So, if accurate we can afford to lose c1.5k existing ST holders to tread water, if we are losing more than 1.5k out of a mere 9.3k we’ve got bigger issues as it would be heading towards a 20% non renewal figure, which would be pretty worrying.

53 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't think two home turnouts of 16k in the space of a week for a team in poor form results wise and for the second season sliding OUT of the top 6 can be described as poor at all by our standards.

Combined cost at least £50 for an adult.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So, if accurate we can afford to lose c1.5k existing ST holders to tread water, if we are losing more than 1.5k out of a mere 9.3k we’ve got bigger issues as it would be heading towards a 20% non renewal figure, which would be pretty worrying.

Last season, we had 7,035 unavailable seats on 15th June (my first count). This morning, we've got 10,787 unavailable seats. So there is a much bigger head start than last season, I would say.

Tomorrow's count should hopefully let us see the real picture unless the club decides to keep all seats as unavailable with a view to extending the Super Saver period.

The last reasonable count I could make last season was 8,197 on 12th July because match-day tickets went on sale the day after and skewed any further counts for season ticket sales. I estimated 8,622 by the first game of the season, based on the daily average sales figure. I don't think it was far off in the end, but I would like to think we can easily smash that this time around.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

How do you explain Bolton and Preston hugely out selling us then.

Exactly.

This past couple of years all of thos piss poor bullshit excuses have been shown up for what they are.

"We can't expect decent attendance figures"

So why can Preston, Bolton and Burnley?

"We can't compete because of parachute payments"

Millwall, Forest, Luton.

"But but but, FFP"

You mean just like every other club in the division?

All nothing other than total bollocks.

Stop making excuses for these people who have destroyed this club.

• Like 6