BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

And of course Bolton signed most of their fans up at £219 back when we were asking for a mere £379 (and that was minimum, it’s always been up to £474 in the JW, now £529).

Compete insanity.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

Blackburn Rovers now £429!! Four Hundred and Twenty Nine Pounds. 

Current prices for our Lancashire rivals below (some were even cheaper prior)

Burnley: WAITING LIST!

Bolton: £299 (sold over 15k!)

PNE: £280 (until June 5th!)

Huddersfield: £249 (not really rivals but similar demographic / finances) - until 30th June

So we are now £180 more expensive than Huddersfield and £149 more expensive than PNE for the next month

What a waste of space Waggot truly is! Early bird expiring 1 or 2 months ahead of everyone else.

1 Adult + 10 year old at Rovers now £489 vs £368 Bolton, £298 Huddersfield, £280 PNE!

Thanks Venkys, as Waggott is always quick to point out that without their support and benevolence none of this would be possible

• Like 1

Absolute suicide from Waggot, if he actually got of his arse and used his initiative we surely wouldn't be sat here now hoping to match last year's 8-9k.

It's embarrassing, oh how I wish Steve Waggot would leave .

Edited by damo100
  • Like 5

They want to hit their own targets and just guarantee their own wages and that's about it with these lot it's been the same for years.

The sell less charge more formula is their comfort zone.

• Like 1

Shame Chaddy ain’t a millionaire, they could sell him a golden ticket for £3million sitting next to GB (not Swag, he’d be WFH) and they could close down the rest of Ewood, think of the savings along with revenue quantum’s being hit all over the shop…

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Shame Chaddy ain’t a millionaire, they could sell him a golden ticket for £3million sitting next to GB (not Swag, he’d be WFH) and they could close down the rest of Ewood, think of the savings along with revenue quantum’s being hit all over the shop…

Only £130k per game to be fair, decent value.

'Around' 7000 almost certainly means 'less than'.

Better than expected after the horror of the 'hoping for' close to 6000 announced last week but still weary numbers all things considered. Less than 50% of what Bolton have shifted in League One.

With the price now going up you wonder just how many people there are who haven't gone in at the lower price but will then sign up for the higher price.

So considering gooze said we were almost up to 11k ‘unavailable’ seats yesterday which included new buyers for 23/24 and existing 22/23 ST holders. A figure of 7k now says 4,000 have not renewed, that’s an enormous amount when you only had 9.3k to start with - 43% non renewal, Christ.

So the solution is… hike the prices by £50… and then hike them again in three weeks 🤦‍♂️ 

Back to 10/11k gates it is then. But at least the club are ‘pleased’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

This early bird price deadline is ridiculous. 

Just lost me and my uncle as a ST holder. 

I’ve not been able to commit to a season ticket at the moment due to my partner not starting her new job yet, so I’ve not got a spare £379 as living off one salary. 

Now they’ve increased the prices I won’t be renewing on principal. 

• Like 1

Hiking it now has pretty much put paid to any more sales… in May. Even though they’ve obviously known for weeks that numbers are down on last summer. They should have come to their senses (ha!) over the past few weeks and scrapped any ‘phases’ (I.e price rises). 

It is unfathomable the commercial operation down there it really is.

(Of course, it’s not too late, if any odd nutter has bought one today at those obscene prices they can be reimbursed the difference and they can revert to the original price immediately - which is what they ended up doing last season by the way).

Edited by Mattyblue

21 minutes ago, rover23 said:

This early bird price deadline is ridiculous. 

Just lost me and my uncle as a ST holder. 

I’ve not been able to commit to a season ticket at the moment due to my partner not starting her new job yet, so I’ve not got a spare £379 as living off one salary. 

Now they’ve increased the prices I won’t be renewing on principal. 

Likewise,

Was going to get mine at end of the month and bring 2 of my kids too,

However the increase has just done the unthinkable for me.

I won't be renewing this season.

49 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I'm not paying EB prices, let alone £640 now for me and my lad.

I'd rather pick and choose, particularly how Sky move everything at the expense of true fans.

SW hasn't got a clue.

Same here mate, I’ve not renewed

The 'super saver' period not exactly delivered the results that you might expect from 'super savings' then has it?

Another failed policy from Waggott....yet on he continues. Not a very good track record has he?

Of course it wasn't a 'super saver' at all. It was a 5% reduction IF you bought early (before the end of the season) and in doing so you lose the £15 club cash that has been added over the last few years.

I also note the usual silence from the Club on 1875 membership for 2023-24. Last year they made no reference to a membership scheme when releasing season tickets, only suddenly announcing 1875 membership at the 11th hour after most people had signed up for their season tickets. This then had the effect of forcing anyone who wanted priority on away tickets to cough up additional money. A cynical underhand money grabbing stunt.

No news on whether the same will happen again this summer but I think it is important to know when buying a season ticket whether that purchase is going to put me in a position of priority on away tickets or whether that is going to be taken away from me by the late introduction of a membership scheme.

• Like 1

Have conversations around customer database with certain people from the club as part of my job, and speak to almost every other club in the country on the topic too. I can safely say Rovers are the least interested in actually doing anything with it. They just aren't arsed. Doesn't help that the head of marketing is a child.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Have conversations around customer database with certain people from the club as part of my job, and speak to almost every other club in the country on the topic too. I can safely say Rovers are the least interested in actually doing anything with it. They just aren't arsed. Doesn't help that the head of marketing is a child.

What's that in Latin? It should be the new club motto.

• Like 3