BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

One that’s run by a bunch of amateurs.

chorley fc is run by volunteers and they make our lot  look worse than amateurs

swag to the office staff "get those season tickets sold before it becomes apparent the manager is`nt getting any money for new players,wack the price up before the end of may so they think they are getting a bargain"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’d not really considered the idea of Klarna and the like for season tickets. A quick google search shows Hibs, Celtic and Roma all have it as a payment option and It’s probably something every club will jump on soon. I can see them tightening (or implementing) regulation around this type of credit sooner rather than later though, no doubt Rovers will miss the boat.

I have to say that recently the discussions have been a lot more two way, and a lot better received. We should be able to announce some more detail in this soon and provide a lot more depth at our AGM in June. I wasn’t expecting anything remotely dynamic or revolutionary with this seasons offering. The timescales they seem to operate  on wouldn’t allow for it, and the “sign off from India” seem pretty arduous. The ultimate argument is always that failure to hit the revenue target is absolutely unthinkable, and there is a real fear of cutting prices. 

My personal point of view is we need to keep banging the drum and making suggestions (and back them up) over the next few months. If there isn’t a significant change in the clubs approach, and a far more varied/flexible offering for the 24/25 season, I’ll be disappointed.

Timescales wouldn't allow for anything too dynamic ? They only had a year from last seasons feedback and the pathetic sales. Next season there is no excuse, With all the extra TV money from the new deal they can afford to make season tickets cheaper, but the extra money will probably go straight to the players pockets unfortunately. As it will at most clubs.

13 minutes ago, Old Rover said:

Timescales wouldn't allow for anything too dynamic ? They only had a year from last seasons feedback and the pathetic sales. Next season there is no excuse, With all the extra TV money from the new deal they can afford to make season tickets cheaper, but the extra money will probably go straight to the players pockets unfortunately. As it will at most clubs.

Speaking from a Rovers Trust perspective, regular focused two way dialogue has only really started after their plans will have been broadly in place.

The main feedback the club took from last years sales were that revenue targets were hit and the figure was up on previous years.

If the Supporters Trust, fans forum, or any individual fan said to Waggott “reduce ticket prices”, he’d point to potentially missing revenue targets. We’ve spent recent meetings trying to prove that this wouldn’t happen and that there is enough appetite there from supporters to ensure that they can still meet these targets while growing the fanbase.

Bolton and PNE have come to our aid, because previously our fans would lap it up when the club stated reducing prices was a no-go

’Totally agree, no point we won’t sell anymore in this division anyway, load of glory hunters only want Prem’.

Other local clubs have well and truly busted that myth.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bolton and PNE have come to our aid, because previously our fans would lap it up when the club stated reducing prices was a no-go

’Totally agree, no point we won’t sell anymore in this division anyway, load of glory hunters only want Prem’.

Other local clubs have well and truly busted that myth.

Exactly this.

Nearly every reply under season ticket posts for the upcoming year is a negative one. In recent years it always felt more weighted towards agreeing with pricing

12 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I see in the LT Rich Sharpe confirms there will be another increase after phase 2 (structure TBC).

Blackmail pure and simple.

Is there a link for that,  I haven't seen it?

I wouldn't be suprised at all but two rises in one summer is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

12 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I see in the LT Rich Sharpe confirms there will be another increase after phase 2 (structure TBC).

Blackmail pure and simple.

Actually mind blowing. If I saw that my mates business was shifting significantly more product than me (not taking into account revenue here, just purely amount of sales), I'd probably look to mirror his pricing structure. I tell you what I absolutely wouldn't do, and that's double his prices, and then increase them... TWICE.

58 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Speaking from a Rovers Trust perspective, regular focused two way dialogue has only really started after their plans will have been broadly in place.

The main feedback the club took from last years sales were that revenue targets were hit and the figure was up on previous years.

If the Supporters Trust, fans forum, or any individual fan said to Waggott “reduce ticket prices”, he’d point to potentially missing revenue targets. We’ve spent recent meetings trying to prove that this wouldn’t happen and that there is enough appetite there from supporters to ensure that they can still meet these targets while growing the fanbase.

I notice that Blackburn Roves haven't done a Season Ticket video like last season. I wonder why? 

Revenue wouldn't drop if you drop ST prices to £299 for BBE or Riverside with this coming season for adults cos you would more than likely increase Season Ticket holders and potential more sales in the club shop. Plus as we discussed keep the same price all summer and keep them on sale all season. 

As I said yesterday Rovers management need to understand people job situation, local economy and the lack of Job security in some jobs sectors/companies out there. Not everyone can afford ST right now but people might get a new job which permanent or move to better job so these people shouldn't be penalised for this. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Is there a link for that,  I haven't seen it?

I wouldn't be suprised at all but two rises in one summer is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23514025.blackburn-rovers-notebook-junior-tchamadeu-season-ticket-sales/

The fact the club are trying to spin it as a success by saying we’ve ‘beaten the target of 6,000 by early bird deadline’ says it all. Absolutely pathetic operation down there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

The 24 year old man tasked with convincing you, Rovers fans, to part with your hard earned money. 

Systematic dumbing down from top to bottom. Promoted to Head of a Department after 12 months paid employment at Bournemouth. Incredible. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I notice that Blackburn Roves haven't done a Season Ticket video like last season. I wonder why? 

Revenue wouldn't drop if you drop ST prices to £299 for BBE or Riverside with this coming season for adults cos you would more than likely increase Season Ticket holders and potential more sales in the club shop. Plus as we discussed keep the same price all summer and keep them on sale all season. 

As I said yesterday Rovers management need to understand people job situation, local economy and the lack of Job security in some jobs sectors/companies out there. Not everyone can afford ST right now but people might get a new job which permanent or move to better job so these people shouldn't be penalised for this. 

It really isn't difficult. 

If only maggot showed the same enthusiasm for running this club as he did when he stole 30k from Andy Cole.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

The 24 year old man tasked with convincing you, Rovers fans, to part with your hard earned money. 

Systematic dumbing down from top to bottom. Promoted to Head of a Department after 12 months paid employment at Bournemouth. Incredible. 

didn't think he was 24 years old. 

Who did we have when John Williams and Tom Finn here? 

Thats quite remarkable having a 24 year old in a 'head of' role - I bet his salary doesn't reflect that type of role though.  There was a Marketing Assistant role advertised recently which I looked at to be nosey about the salary but it wasn't mentioned, it'll be another on the cheap though.

The below are listed as some of the responsibilities (for this junior role):

• To conduct competitive research and analyse benchmarking data against best practice (LOL)
  • To utilise marketing analytic techniques to gather important data for strategic decision-making (also LOL)
  • Identify database growth opportunities to increase our reach (this is getting silly now)
  • Analyse the supporter database to identify opportunities for better communications and engagement with supporters (I think you get the picture by now)

So there you have it........

What the Head of Marketing really needs is a unique selling point to try to push forward and use to broadcast the club around the world.

Something like having a Chile international playing for the Club.

Marketing response?

A couple of t-shirts on sale in the club shop a year or two ago.

• Like 1

The "head of marketing" looks like he just left school. 

He must be brilliant otherwise he wouldn't have got the job, or am I being cynical?

He could do worse than copy Bolton's example and study how they've managed to get the fans back in

It would be a start

• Like 1