BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

We’ve gone around the buoy a million times on by far the biggest issue - ticketing.

People have mentioned the piss poor food and drink options.

But off the top of my head - fix the tannoys, currently they are either broke or ear splittingly loud. Sort the hilariously bad fanzone big screen out. Have some kits in stock in the club shop later than about fecking October, as you know there is quite a big footfall on a match day… oh and give the place a deep clean!

On their own are they massive issues? Not particularly.  Am I personally impacted by most of them? Not really. Do they stop me getting caught up in a good game of football and cheering on the team? Also no. 

But should the club have a bit of professional bloody pride and sort them anyway? Absolutely!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Like Santa's wish list.

Tannoys, Travis postcards, nicer beer...

Slightly pointless for the many who won't set foot in the place.

Owners (if they are not bothering to leave) to start investing in a proper Venky legacy at our club and engaging with supporters.

Notice they still didn't replace the pitch (3rd year since it was knocked back) which is nothing to do with FFP.

Notice they never rocked up in spring.

How about some investment in the Town ?

• Like 1

None of it is ‘pointless’, of course the attendances and the pitch are far more important than a less pixelated big screen or a nice pint of a local ale. Getting decent players in and competing for promotion is the most important of all.

But my point is it all of it adds to a match day for some. A dilapidated, grubby ground nicely sums up how the club is run away from the football side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that the attitude shared by the club that "people come for the game" is stupid, obviously they do but there should still be an objective to make the overall experience as good as possible.

Food yes, drink yes, just an overall re-think. Open the outside areas to allow smoking/extra bars at half times, pre-pour drinks, use the bottle bars, maintain the stadium and have some professional pride.

But people come to watch Rovers play, People don't come for the food or drink or live music. Yes granted people who attend will want some food or drink before or during the game. 

Where are the extra bars coming from? 

11 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Unless it was the Four Pennies performing (Again!)

who? 

Again non of it makes sense when you consider PNE can afford drastic ST price cuts to boost gates but we can't.  Despite them allegedly having a larger football staff wage bill last season, no billionaire owners an no big player or training ground sales and no cup run nor regular tv money.

Skint Bolton with several seasons in league one can do it AND invest in their ground.

Rovers NEED to do these things but have people who won't do it or just plain can't be bothered imo as always under this distanced ownership it's don't rock the boat protect your position and grab your wages.

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

None of it is ‘pointless’, of course the attendances and the pitch are far more important than a less pixelated big screen or a nice pint of a local ale. Getting decent players in and competing for promotion is the most important of all.

But my point is it all of it adds to a match day for some. A dilapidated, grubby ground nicely sums up how the club is run away from the football side.

I am not disagreeing at all but also lets not fool ourselves into thinking the ground is that grubby. Lets not forget the 80s, the mud behind the Riverside or the trees growing out of the urinals.

We only have this grubby stadium thanks to Jack who invested in the club and the town.

Now Venkys are perfectly able to do the same if they choose. Nothing to do with FFP at all.

There is no togetherness at the club because they are simply not in it for us. 

Jack took us away from the 80s. Go to other stadiums and even now you realise that the new Ewood was built to a superb standard, so how hard is it to give it a jet wash once in a while? 

Obviously it all comes from the very top, but there has to be an element of blame for those on the ground - where’s the professional pride?

• Like 2

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,174 (+8)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But people come to watch Rovers play, People don't come for the food or drink or live music. Yes granted people who attend will want some food or drink before or during the game. 

who? 

IMG_1076.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who? 

Urgh. Why not remove the toilets and let people piss and shit everywhere too. People come for the football, don't they?

Improving the overall package might not make a big difference in terms of numbers, but there is scope for extra income and it makes people look forward to coming more. Have a bit of bloody pride.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Urgh. Why not remove the toilets and let people piss and shit everywhere too. People come for the football, don't they?

no need to get stupid. 

I asked a fair question and you reply with stupid comment. The concourse is busy as hell at half time, so why not use the fan zone area as extra area for people to get beer from at half time. 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Improving the overall package might not make a big difference in terms of numbers, but there is scope for extra income and it makes people look forward to coming more. Have a bit of bloody pride.

I agree on the pride bit but no extra income comes from food and drink cos Rovers outsourced which would one of the first thing I would sort out straight away if I was in charge. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no need to get stupid. 

I asked a fair question and you reply with stupid comment. The concourse is busy as hell at half time, so why not use the fan zone area as extra area for people to get beer from at half time. 

I agree on the pride bit but no extra income comes from food and drink cos Rovers outsourced which would one of the first thing I would sort out straight away if I was in charge. 

The fan zone idea is exactly the sort of idea I am thinking of. Lets people have a smoke too plus reduces queues and reduces the numbers and crowding down in the concourses.

Agree on not outsourcing the food and drink too. Money to be made there plus it also leaves more onus on us being proactive if our money is riding on it.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The fan zone idea is exactly the sort of idea I am thinking of.

fair enough 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agree on not outsourcing the food and drink too. Money to be made there plus it also leaves more onus on us being proactive if our money is riding on it.

Rovers should be offering different types of food whether its pizza slice or hot baguette or hot Sausage roll for example 

On 16/06/2023 at 08:04, Upside Down said:

We've just made an exciting signing. Imagine how many tickets that would have sold had the price not been a complete piss take.

Maybe we wouldn't of been able to make the signing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough 

Rovers should be offering different types of food whether its pizza slice or hot baguette or hot Sausage roll for example 

Hmmm EG Group rather than Sodexo.

Can't see them bringing it all back in house and the overheads that go with it.

Didn't we make all none essential staff redundant when they brought KPMG in to do a root and branch audit, instead of administration.

But there will be more imaginative offerings out there than Sodexo.

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hmmm EG Group rather than Sodexo.

Can't see them bringing it all back in house and the overheads that go with it.

They do hot baguettes in the blues bar. 

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Didn't we make all none essential staff redundant when they brought KPMG in to do a root and branch audit, instead of administration.

Did we? 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough 

Hot sausage rolls lol. Bloody hell Chaddy you’ve got your finger on the pulse of modern street food. My grandad got them in Borneo in 1942! Why not have spam and eggs ha ha