BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The " Ticker " Clock on the home page ....

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You reckon if a few Rovers fans joined UTC they would get a fair hearing, get to debate and become long standing members?

I didn't get any trouble when I did it. It's not really about who you are, it's about how you are. I could probably go on there and make another post without any issues.

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Three of us could start a thread saying how great all things BRFC are page after page with little grief?

Aye ok!

You asked the question. I answered, and "I'll do so without the usual petulance, cheers".

Furthermore, our two guests certainly don't ram it down our throats how good they are at the moment. There's a banter-like smattering of it, but it's all fair game. You're the one inserting the above silly clause, which of course I wouldn't expect to be accepted in reverse on a Dingle message board. So please don't twist my simple answer and add a stupid exaggeration of your own.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

we've won the following ...

Championship/2nd Division (Tier 2)

• Winners:  1972-73, 2015-16, 2022-23 ( pending ! )
  • Play-off winners: 2008-09

Second Division/Third Division (Tier 3)

• Winners: 1981-82
  • Play-off winners: 1993-94

Fourth Division (Tier 4)

• Winners: 1991-92

Cup

FA Charity Shield

• Winners: 1960 (shared), 1973

Anglo Scottish Cup

• Winners: 1978-1979

giphy.gif.4f0816001e49bea23a175ece2c7253d7.gif

Edited by booth

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You reckon if a few Rovers fans joined UTC they would get a fair hearing, get to debate and become long standing members?

Who cares what happens on their forum? 

That's not a benchmark we aspire to surely.

In fact, if we're doing the opposite of them, sounds good to me. 

• Like 1

Not saying it isn’t, my point was more to sympatheticclaret bemoaning the level of debate on here, when it’s a million times better than what you’d see if it was the other way round on UTC.

Really good forum this, for all the grief it gets…

Edited by Mattyblue

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They're Burnley fans. As always they have nothing better to do than go over the pages of a Rovers website with a fine tooth comb.

One has to take a break from staring in disbelief at the Championship table occasionally .... not to check that we're still top, but to wonder how the side that performed so abjectly at Turf Moor in November, is still in a play-off spot !!

• Like 1

I was an occasional poster on claretsmad for many years. Some people would spit feathers if you so much as posted, others would often actually come to your defense. 

The key is to be respectful and self depreciating. No one minds you having a pop and defending your club as long as you didn't start it. However no one wants an opposition rival coming on and rubbing your nose in it or being abusive. 

Sympatheticclaret and longers have been fine on here and are good sports. There have been other dingles on here who have been the opposite and are rightfully and quickly banned

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

One has to take a break from staring in disbelief at the Championship table occasionally .... not to check that we're still top, but to wonder how the side that performed so abjectly at Turf Moor in November, is still in a play-off spot !!

Hard work, positivity and if we'd spent £40m we'd be fighting for you for it.

Tbh, we only needed to sign a decent striker last Summer along with a midfielder in January. We're only 9 points off second so we'd have definitely been challenging for an automatic spot.

9 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm just as bemused as you by that one.

• Like 1