BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 15/3/23, 7:45pm

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's were I disagree there. Everything is an opinion. That's it. 

But yet our scouting team thought he was right choice for the number 10 JDT wanted? Maybe our head coach is using his attributes in the right way. 

why we shouldnt used Peterborough fans opinions isnt it? 

Our scouting team's judgement can't be trusted unconditionally, none can. They thought that George Hirst was worthy of being the number 1 target to be our striker. They identified Clinton Mola as a genuine transfer target. Even Tyler Morton is overall an underwhelming signing.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Our scouting team's judgement can't be trusted unconditionally, none can. They thought that George Hirst was worthy of being the number 1 target to be our striker. They identified Clinton Mola as a genuine transfer target. Even Tyler Morton is overall an underwhelming signing.

Nowhere have I said that our scouting team judgement should be trusted unconditionally so I just don't understand the comments. 

Also don't think Morton is an underwhelming signing. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Morton isn't an underwhelming signing we aren't going to land lucky with the likes of Elliot very often. Problem with Tyler was when he lost his way JDT keep him in the starting line up which was wrong. 

That was righted eventually and it played a part in our upturn in form but he played his part earlier on. Not a bad player just needs using like any other young developing talent and we need him now.

Mola again he showed glimpses but he was used all wrong and is now remembered for his Burnley nightmare. I think there's a player in there but not sure what role he can offer us at the min.

Hirst was abysmal granted but he had some pedigree with Pompey last year so the failure is down to him. He didn't put the right amount of commitment in he played like a lad going through the motions trying not to get injured instead of one after a contract here.

GB was also trying to get O'Brien in so if that's a sign of things to come he's on the the right tracks now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Morton isn't an underwhelming signing we aren't going to land lucky with the likes of Elliot very often. Problem with Tyler was when he lost his way JDT keep him in the starting line up which was wrong. 

That was righted eventually and it played a part in our upturn in form but he played his part earlier on. Not a bad player just needs using like any other young developing talent and we need him now.

Mola again he showed glimpses but he was used all wrong and is now remembered for his Burnley nightmare. I think there's a player in there but not sure what role he can offer us at the min.

Hirst was abysmal granted but he had some pedigree with Pompey last year so the failure is down to him. He didn't put the right amount of commitment in he played like a lad going through the motions trying not to get injured instead of one after a contract here.

GB was also trying to get O'Brien in so if that's a sign of things to come he's on the the right tracks now.

I stand by my comment that Morton has been an underwhelming signing and that isn't based on the benchmark of Harvey Elliott. I do think Tomasson kept faith in him for too long but I said last summer that we needed experience in there so for me he was the wrong type of signing. We have Travis who is still quite young but experienced enough, we also have Buckley who had never played the position really at senior level and then at the time youngsters who had not played senior football. 

I don't see where the glimpses of Mola's quality have been, nor is it balanced to put the blame at Hirst's door for his failure. Both were well short of the quality needed and were poor judgements on behalf of the recruitment side. Just as Hyam was an excellent signing and Brittain and Szmodics have added to the team when fit. Some signings were good, some poor.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I stand by my comment that Morton has been an underwhelming signing and that isn't based on the benchmark of Harvey Elliott. I do think Tomasson kept faith in him for too long but I said last summer that we needed experience in there so for me he was the wrong type of signing. We have Travis who is still quite young but experienced enough, we also have Buckley who had never played the position really at senior level and then at the time youngsters who had not played senior football. 

I don't see where the glimpses of Mola's quality have been, nor is it balanced to put the blame at Hirst's door for his failure. Both were well short of the quality needed and were poor judgements on behalf of the recruitment side. Just as Hyam was an excellent signing and Brittain and Szmodics have added to the team when fit. Some signings were good, some poor.

Some good some poor is pretty much par for the course here as we saw it under Bowyer and father and Mowbray and Venus.

So they are your benchmark and GB and JDT are on course in one season to surpass both at Championship level. Not bad going imo although we all strive for perfection you show me that in football and i'll send you a hens tooth.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I just don't see how you can say Morton has been as underwhelmed signing given his overall season performance. He has had good games and some poor games but he was dropped rightly when he was. been a decent signing

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Some good some poor is pretty much par for the course here as we saw it under Bowyer and father and Mowbray and Venus.

So they are your benchmark and GB and JDT are on course in one season to surpass both at Championship level. Not bad going imo although we all strive for perfection you show me that in football and i'll send you a hens tooth.

Of course, we can never expect a perfect transfer record. One signing has been excellent and two others have definitely added to the team. Equally, I think Morton was not what was needed and has underwhelmed, and the other two summer loanees were nowhere near good enough, the individuals don't shield our recruitment team (mainly Broughton) of criticism/blame by taking it themselves or it being put down to an unfortunate set of circumstances, they reflect poorly on Broughton just as the main 3 reflect well on him.

I would expect in time that the new structure with a big appointment taking a large salary will lead to a much higher success rate though, otherwise we may aswell scrap it. But at the moment, "some good some poor" is a fair summary.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just don't see how you can say Morton has been as underwhelmed signing given his overall season performance. He has had good games and some poor games but he was dropped rightly when he was. been a decent signing

Because firstly, I felt that we needed a more experienced player in there so in my opinion, he wasn't the right type of player. And quality wise, I don't think he gets into our first team when everyone is fit, I think his general level of performance has been not particularly good and I think that central midfield has often been a weakness in our side, an area in which he was a regular up until the majority of our recent upturn in form.

He hasn't been appalling like Mola and Hirst, hence the description of "underwhelming."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Because firstly, I felt that we needed a more experienced player in there so in my opinion, he wasn't the right type of player. And quality wise, I don't think he gets into our first team when everyone is fit, I think his general level of performance has been not particularly good and I think that central midfield has often been a weakness in our side, an area in which he was a regular up until the majority of our recent upturn in form.

I think its between Morton and Buckley to partner Travis on current form. On his signing I think overall its been decent enough signing who has an impact on our season. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasn't been appalling like Mola and Hirst, hence the description of "underwhelming."

No has mention Mola or Hirst tho has been anything but disappointing and not a successful here

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its between Morton and Buckley to partner Travis on current form. On his signing I think overall its been decent enough signing who has an impact on our season. 

No has mention Mola or Hirst tho has been anything but disappointing and not a successful here

Hirst scored for Ipswich today.