BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Former Rovers players - Goal compilation thread

Most of these videos have been shared on here in various threads such as the Nostalgia one and the relevant player threads such as the Andy Cole, Brereton, Armstrong etc ones.

However, they may have got lost amongst new posts and subsequently been missed by visitors and members of the forum, new and longstanding alike.

Therefore, I've decided to create a specific thread for these compilation videos, where they can be easily found in one place and viewed by all Rovers fans on here. Any other compilations in the future will be added to this thread to make for easier viewing.

What memories and what brilliant times (in the main, before the takeover).

If any of the Rovers hierarchy are looking on at this thread, I have three words for you.

STANDARDS. RAISE. THEM.

There are nine videos in total (for now):

1. Andy Cole

2. Dwight Yorke

3. Jon Stead

4. Paul Dickov

5. Craig Bellamy

6. Bradley Dack

7. Ben Brereton Diaz

8. Adam Armstrong

9. Brad Friedel (Legend. Not a goal comp, but Brad has to be included)

• Like 8

Dickov's header v Norwich - there was a spell that season when Pedersen first came into the team when it felt like every one of his inswinging corners either had a good chance of going straight in or being glanced in like Dickov did. They were lethal. 

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Dickov's header v Norwich - there was a spell that season when Pedersen first came into the team when it felt like every one of his inswinging corners either had a good chance of going straight in or being glanced in like Dickov did. They were lethal. 

What a delivery from Pedersen. Love the whip he gets on that. He used to get wicked pace on them too. Excellent header from Dickov for the goal, made it look easy when it isn't in reality.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom
21 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Where’s the Luke Varney one?

Argh forgot his as I was going to combine it with the DJ Campbell one 

• Like 1

I was a big fan of Dickov - would love someone like him at the club now. Hard-worker, but a good footballer as well. Also a top bloke and he speaks very highly of Rovers. I was surprised watching that compilation that more than half of his goals were either headers or penalties. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hakan Şükür

Legendary Turkish forward signed for us for half a season, 2002/03, sustaining a broken leg at the start and then leaving after some sort of dispute or disagreement with the club. He scored two classy goals for us. This was the time Souness signed Hakan Unsal as well, at left back, who also left after a short spell.

He was past his best but if he had stayed, it could've been fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDc2JNv_NQ (low quality video)

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Hakan Şükür

Legendary Turkish forward signed for us for half a season, 2002/03, sustaining a broken leg at the start and then leaving after some sort of dispute or disagreement with the club. He scored two classy goals for us. This was the time Souness signed Hakan Unsal as well, at left back, who also left after a short spell.

He was past his best but if he had stayed, it could've been fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDc2JNv_NQ (low quality video)

A classy striker. The skill and composure he showed for both goals there. Fantastic. There really is a shortage of quality strikers these days. So much money in the game today, but not a lot of quality out there, imo.

I think Sukur is a taxi driver these days in America. I saw an article not so long ago where he was speaking fondly about his time at Rovers and he was saying that he wants to see Rovers back in the Prem. Good man!

• Like 1