https://dhcappl.nic.in/dhcorderportal/

1. click on ‘case wise’

2. change case type to WP (C)

3. Case number is 7966

4. change year to 2023

I can only get this

O R D E R
% 24.01.2024
In view of the scheduled Vigilance Committee meeting at 05:00 PM, this matter cannot not be taken up today.
List on 12.03.2024.
SUBRAMONIUM PRASAD, J

Edited by aletheia

11 minutes ago, aletheia said:

https://dhcappl.nic.in/dhcorderportal/

1. click on ‘case wise’

2. change case type to WP (C)

3. Case number is 7966

4. change year to 2023

I can only get this

O R D E R
% 24.01.2024
In view of the scheduled Vigilance Committee meeting at 05:00 PM, this matter cannot not be taken up today.
List on 12.03.2024.
SUBRAMONIUM PRASAD, J

So nothing happened?

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This is one of the many ways that the current rules around football club ownership fails the fans

The court case in India has a direct impact on the club and therefore on the fans and the town itself. Yet we are left in the dark. It's not exactly clear what is going to happen. Most supporters have had an interest in Rovers long before they "bought us". Why on earth do fans not have a right to know what is going on at the club? Everything is second hand, or whatever can be gleamed from the internet

This leaves the whole sport open to abuses. The authorities need to get a grip but they show no appetite. Whilst the money comes rolling in and HMRC keep getting their huge PL tax bills then the govt doesn't really care what happens to clubs like us

So true.

Yes we haven't invested millions but we have hundreds or thousands over the years and we care about the club we should be treated with more respect 

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So it looks like its been put back again ?

Well i never, why rush i mean we must have at least two grand of the first Wharton instalment left !

Don't think we can reach that conclusion just yet.

• Like 1

What i don't understand with this bs is that surely they have millions in cash and assets around the world outside of India that could be redirected to us if they really wanted to. 

I'm sure it was mentioned ages back in some article that like most "billionaires" they have a lot of cash tucked away in swiss banks and also in the past they've held business meetings in Switzerland 

The simple truth is that rovers isn't a top priority for them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This is one of the many ways that the current rules around football club ownership fails the fans

The court case in India has a direct impact on the club and therefore on the fans and the town itself. Yet we are left in the dark. It's not exactly clear what is going to happen. Most supporters have had an interest in Rovers long before they "bought us". Why on earth do fans not have a right to know what is going on at the club? Everything is second hand, or whatever can be gleamed from the internet

This leaves the whole sport open to abuses. The authorities need to get a grip but they show no appetite. Whilst the money comes rolling in and HMRC keep getting their huge PL tax bills then the govt doesn't really care what happens to clubs like us

This is why I think fit and proper testing should be done every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

What i don't understand with this bs is that surely they have millions in cash and assets around the world outside of India that could be redirected to us if they really wanted to. 

I'm sure it was mentioned ages back in some article that like most "billionaires" they have a lot of cash tucked away in swiss banks and also in the past they've held business meetings in Switzerland 

The simple truth is that rovers isn't a top priority for them

Something i touched on in the past but it's not the way they do it which is why i'm convinced it's number crunching the head company accounts that suits them losing a certain amount each year.

Like all these mega wealthy types they run things on huge debt and bleed out into their own pockets avoiding tax along the way which is fine when you have a massive turnover and acres of land to secure borrowings against.

Non of their other businesses could sustain the loses it takes to run Rovers and they'll never use their personal stash because they'd never be able to get it back.

A one off cash donation now and again wouldn't do any harm though !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

So, if they can’t find us, they should be made to sell. 

Here’s hoping…

The end of the road has to be somewhere...

Feels like if we are continuing on life support or worse at mercy of the indian courts we must have a good case to take to the new incoming football regulator? This must be the sort of daft situation the regulator has been created to intervene in and manage before a crisis occurs.

Has anyone seen any terms of reference about what the regulator will get involved in and how they can be petitioned ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

The end of the road has to be somewhere...

Feels like if we are continuing on life support or worse at mercy of the indian courts we must have a good case to take to the new incoming football regulator? This must be the sort of daft situation the regulator has been created to intervene in and manage before a crisis occurs.

Has anyone seen any terms of reference about what the regulator will get involved in and how they can be petitioned ?

This article suggests we are a few months away from the regulator getting through legislation but it does sound like our mental situation would be in scope

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-12/sunak-pushes-to-create-football-regulator-after-club-talks-fail?embedded-checkout=true

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Still no update on yesterday but whatever is happening next would appear to be happening on the 20th of August…

IMG_1566.jpeg

Good spot. Likelihood is that the funds have been approved as expected, and 20/08/24 is the date in which they'll have to request to send the next batch... conveniently, slap bang in the middle of the transfer window.

If we somehow manage to stay up this season, the owners won't do shit to assure that we're safe next season. Expect the usual circus in the summer...

- Most/all of the Wharton and Raya money will go towards bills.
- Tiny transfer pot if lucky, but can't be spent until after 20/08/24, due to "financial uncertainty".
- Free's and majorly cheap loans mainly.
- Relegation well on the cards, with 2 heavy dickings guaranteed from the dingles.

• Like 7

With no end in sight, and seemingly this becoming a twice-yearly occasion, you have to begin asking what is the point for us (as fans)? We know unequivocally there will be no positive aspirations whilst the owners are prevented conveniently not allowed to invest in a promotion push, and as everyone knows if you stand still in this league you go backwards. We know the outcome before another ball is kicked, what is the point?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Good spot. Likelihood is that the funds have been approved as expected, and 20/08/24 is the date in which they'll have to request to send the next batch... conveniently, slap bang in the middle of the transfer window.

If we somehow manage to stay up this season, the owners won't do shit to assure that we're safe next season. Expect the usual circus in the summer...

- Most/all of the Wharton and Raya money will go towards bills.
- Tiny transfer pot if lucky, but can't be spent until after 20/08/24, due to "financial uncertainty".
- Free's and majorly cheap loans mainly.
- Relegation well on the cards, with 2 heavy dickings guaranteed from the dingles.

Probably more likely that it's been postponed. If they'd have been granted permission to send over funds then that twat McGuire would be crowing about how great they are on twitter or whatever it's called nowadays.

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Probably more likely that it's been postponed. If they'd have been granted permission to send over funds then that twat McGuire would be crowing about how great they are on twitter or whatever it's called nowadays.

Highly doubt it's been postponed for 5 months

Looks like the boxes have been ticked and the next one set OR funds haven't been approved because they've been made aware of incoming transfer money and bills being paid so have said come back in August when that runs out !

Expect the next one to be moved back at some point as well it's way to positioned for a transfer window.

It will just rumble on for another 5 months. I suspect put back due to influx of cash from Adam Wharton which will keep the lights on until August.

What an utterly depressing existence they've reduced us to. 

Other than the points deduction I'm not sure how much worse administration would be than this. At least there would be an end and the prospect of a brighter future.

Relegation is inevitable. Even if we survive this season another window of cuts, sales and dross coming in will sink us from day 1 next season.

How on earth they expect to sell any season tickets this summer I don't know.

• Like 3

I think it more likely the payment has been approved given the next court date is scheduled for August as opposed to depending on the "Wharton money"

What makes this miserable situation worse is the Indian judiciary is known to be painfully slow. This could drag on for years. We are on life support right now. The best thing "Madame" could do for this club is to look to move it on to somebody who has the ability to fund effectively. As ever, they are not interested in what is best for the club, but only for themselves

After a brief period of positivity in Mowbray and JDT we are now looking at another period similar to that when Bowyer, Lambert and Coyle were at the club. Zero sums of money spent, zero ambition and a period which will more than likely result in a relegation

As this league moves forward in revenue and quality, we are left struggling to keep up and it is 100% down to the Rao family. They are scum. There's no better word

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 9