BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s and Mr Shaikh - the supporter protest thread

The LT is always infested with the propaganda police and if on here there were calls for the gaffers head on there it woyuld be the opposite.

What i have noticed on the sewer aka twitter and faceache is one or two who often claim to be itk on transfers and stuff sticking the boot into JDT, not for the first time either. Wonder where that is being pushed from as you'd think the pro clubbers and plants would be pro the Head Coach !

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The LT is always infested with the propaganda police and if on here there were calls for the gaffers head on there it woyuld be the opposite.

What i have noticed on the sewer aka twitter and faceache is one or two who often claim to be itk on transfers and stuff sticking the boot into JDT, not for the first time either. Wonder where that is being pushed from as you'd think the pro clubbers and plants would be pro the Head Coach !

How does this theory sound?

They’re pro the head coach when he’s taking (some of the) attention away from what a shit show of a club we are.

They’re against him when poor performances/results start turning the attention back to what a shit show the club is.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How does this theory sound?

They’re pro the head coach when he’s taking (some of the) attention away from what a shit show of a club we are.

They’re against him when poor performances/results start turning the attention back to what a shit show the club is.

Nailed it.

In other words they are looking for the next fall guy to go under the wheels whilst certain teflon coated very well numerated duo's hide away.

I have come to the conclusion that the only thing we can do as fans is vote with your feet.This will hopefully, once again, bring matters to the attention of Local and Nation wide Media.

To those who shout (and there will be plenty,you watch) CANT DO THAT MATE,BEEN GOING FOR 40 YEARS,ROVERS N01 FAN ME!.. honestly deep down are you prepared to put your personal enjoyment before the well-being of the Club you purport to support?

Not enough being done by an apathetic and beaten down fanbase.Im fed up of it all tbh,the Club is being strangled to death.This is not how resposible Owners should act.

• Like 4

If the team continues to lose games and prices stay high (which they will) crowds will drop naturally next season as ST sales will decrease in the summer. There will be a hardcore that will always go but it will be minuscule numbers in a 30k stadium.

Most fans aren’t like us pouring over every bit of minutiae coming out of Venky Towers on an obscure message board, to them ‘the club’= the team, it’s eleven lads in blue and white running around Ewood once a fortnight, that’s it. A load of fans (followers?) don’t give Rovers much thought outside that, but they will stop bothering going if results are continually shite and it’s a dear do.

Indeed if they do think of the wider club at all, they’ve certainly no problem with Venky’s, it’s shit fans and that JDT who are having us struggling. These owners are the only thing stopping us from being Bury, just get behind ‘em FFS!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I have noticed this in a few places too. So called itk posters trying to go after JDT and deflecting criticism away from Swag and Co.

There were a couple on here doing that only recently. One was blaming JDT for wasting his funds on a midfielder and saying he shouldn't complain because it's his own fault. Another wasn't happy with JDT "speaking like that" when he openly called Swag out and said that the fans shouldn't be kept in the dark about the project changing.

I personally feel somebody, somewhere, is trying to engineer JDT's exit. Remember how the stories started being planted about "financial meltdown at Rovers, JDT about to quit" in the summer, at a time when optimism was in the air? That felt off to me.

The way the budgets have been cut, the nature of the squad, plus his own ambitious nature. It all feels like a piss take of a situation, where any ambitious manager would genuinely think about walking.

Why would somebody want him to walk? It could be because he is too ambitious for them, exposing the mess for what it is and making one or two uncomfortable in the process. Then you have the plants laying it all at JDT's door.

I think @wilsdenrover is on the money with his theory.

I think there has been an agenda for a while to keep the heat off certain people at the club. Which is where the plants and ultra pro club types come in trying to blame our fans, JDT, 1995, Shearer, Sutton and Football Manager for attendances, fan discontent and so on.

Nothing to do with the bastards who have ruined the club though and who remain in situ taking the piss. Oh no.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If the team continues to lose games and prices stay high (which they will) crowds will drop naturally next season as ST sales will decrease in the summer. There will be a hardcore that will always go but it will be minuscule numbers in a 30k stadium.

Most fans aren’t like us pouring over every bit of minutiae coming out of Venky Towers on an obscure message board, to them ‘the club’= the team, it’s eleven lads in blue and white running around Ewood once a fortnight, that’s it. A load of fans (followers?) don’t give Rovers much thought outside that, but they will stop bothering going if results are continually shite and it’s a dear do.

Indeed if they do think of the wider club at all, they’ve certainly no problem with Venky’s, it’s shit fans and that JDT who are having us struggling. These owners are the only thing stopping us from being Bury, just get behind ‘em FFS!

Yet most of them don't 'get behind them' in the stadium they sit and stand there mute as fed up as everyone else but then complain when people do make their frustrations known.

Maybe these types should practise what they preach but then again half of them probably stream it anyway.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I have noticed this in a few places too. So called itk posters trying to go after JDT and deflecting criticism away from Swag and Co.

There were a couple on here doing that only recently. One was blaming JDT for wasting his funds on a midfielder and saying he shouldn't complain because it's his own fault. Another wasn't happy with JDT "speaking like that" when he openly called Swag out and said that the fans shouldn't be kept in the dark about the project changing.

I personally feel somebody, somewhere, is trying to engineer JDT's exit. Remember how the stories started being planted about "financial meltdown at Rovers, JDT about to quit" in the summer, at a time when optimism was in the air? That felt off to me.

The way the budgets have been cut, the nature of the squad, plus his own ambitious nature. It all feels like a piss take of a situation, where any ambitious manager would genuinely think about walking.

Why would somebody want him to walk? It could be because he is too ambitious for them, exposing the mess for what it is and making one or two uncomfortable in the process. Then you have the plants laying it all at JDT's door.

I think @wilsdenrover is on the money with his theory.

I think there has been an agenda for a while to keep the heat off certain people at the club. Which is where the plants and ultra pro club types come in trying to blame our fans, JDT, 1995, Shearer, Sutton and Football Manager for attendances, fan discontent and so on.

Nothing to do with the bastards who have ruined the club though and who remain in situ taking the piss. Oh no.

Exactly the vibes i get from it giving off a whiff of a little clique trying to protect someone else and lay everything at the Head coaches door.

Now lets be right he has to shoulder some responsibility on match days and i'm the first to shout that but there is a different agenda from some.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CoconutGrove said:

I’m honestly at that stage now where I’m falling out of love with the club, rapidly. When you consider we’ve got some excellent young players (A Wharton), players who graft (Szmodics) and a manager who’s young and hungry, it’s a shame and quite frankly disgraceful that I’m not the only one in the same situation.

Can't argue with any of that, it's exactly how I feel.

Only thing I would say is there's probably more reasons to be pissed off that we can think of, but thirteen years is a long time, and s what you have listed is more than sufficient reason to long for the day when venkys bugger off