BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s and Mr Shaikh - the supporter protest thread

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Its a losing battle. Unlike most other clubs that have been run into the ground by negligent / dodgy owners, where the fanbases of those clubs were united in wanting rid of the orchestrators of their misery (Blackpool, Portsmouth, Coventry, Birmingham, Newcastle etc. etc.) here we have the opposite effect. What we have at Rovers is an extreme case of stockholm syndrome / indifference. It seems to me judging by the people I sit near and the comments online that the fanbase is predominantly made up either of people who think Venkys are either good or at the very least indispensable and then a large number who simply don't know or care about what happens at ownership or board level.

It is a fascinating situation in many ways, it seems purely through the passage of time and payment of bills they have attained respect / gratitude / appreciation from the majority. That's the losing battle part because if that is all it takes to overcome and make up for everything they have done and continue to do as owners then there is no hope. 

It is almost beyond belief that we are now roughly 8 years on from when the shadow man started effectively running the club on behalf of the owners in which time there has been no interview, no forum, no investigation of him or his background by media, a couple of photographs and minor references on official media. This might be of no importance to some but it is important to me.

I long since concluded there is no hope on this front with such a large number of people signed up to the Venky appreciation society. So the only way of dealing with this is to reduce my financial and emotional investment in this because ultimately it is doing me no good at all to carry on.

Every week I find myself getting very angry at fellow supporters. Reading comments after the game blaming JDT for the state we are in yet not a single mention of the real problem at the club and the second the subject moves to the owners they are 'off limits' as far as criticism goes.  People quite happy to spend their days lambasting JDT and the players for in game failings but completely unwilling to discuss or criticise the architects upstairs.

I genuinely share your same pain. Horrible seeing the slow and painful demise of our once proud and great club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gav said:

We lost the battle under king rat when the traditional hardcore decide it was more important to support the team, than to try and change the regime. 

It was left to a small band of warriors to fight the battle, whilst the rest sat and did nothing.

Sadly it was only going to end one way, £200m+ in debt and heading one way.

Like many, I tried and tried the protest route but folk wouldn’t listen.

• Like 5

On 24/09/2023 at 12:39, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I was part of those early protests Gav and one thing that sticks in my mind was the gormless,nay,clueless expressions of some of our fans as the protestors vented their spleens.

To those who chose to mock..you reap what you sow.

I was also one of those people. It was a miserable time. I was constantly conflicted between wanting the team to win and play well and knowing that any wins would be used as ammo by our scumbag manager to belittle the fans who were trying to expose the horrors behind the scenes. As well as knowing that winning the odd game of football was a minor battle and the real fight was in winning the soul of the club.

Every now and again I have thought the penny has dropped, but it always ends in tears. Waggott is the latest in a long line of shysters interested only in lining his own pockets whilst giving two fingers to the supporters. 

Looking back, I wish I was one of the supporters who just shrugged their shoulders. The frustration of the protests between 2010 and 2012, as well as the brief re-emergence under Coyle, were horrible, stressful and just felt like shouting into a void. I wish I cared less. 

• Like 5

this is very random, and has zero input into anything on this thread, but remember when the venkys got egged as they came to ewood park? I saw a pic of their car from that day. I sadly put the registration plate into MOT checker on google, There Mercedes Benz MOT ran out in 2020. I guess they either got a new car, or no longer have any interest in coming back to the UK again. 

As many have said, organised protests won't gain enough support from a fan base that has become numb to the reality of Venky's ineptitude and neglect.

Geurrilla tactics required to embarrass Venky's and draw attention to their recently exposed illegal business practices. Fit and proper my arse!

Watch this space.

image.jpeg.e868e752adc22af174ab4465595b5e6b.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, V for Venkys said:

As many have said, organised protests won't gain enough support from a fan base that has become numb to the reality of Venky's ineptitude and neglect.

Geurrilla tactics required to embarrass Venky's and draw attention to their recently exposed illegal business practices. Fit and proper my arse!

Watch this space.

image.jpeg.e868e752adc22af174ab4465595b5e6b.jpeg

Interesting. Are you a new member or an old member under a new name?

Can you expand on the watch this space statement?

Some saw this coming, others went into denial whilst some inexplicably turned against protests. In the not to distant future we will all be able reflect on what we did in the name of our club, as we look over the wreckage of the venky era. 

Personally I'm comfortable with my actions over this period. Some I fear will look back with regret.   

• Like 2

On 25/09/2023 at 14:22, ruggles1995 said:

this is very random, and has zero input into anything on this thread, but remember when the venkys got egged as they came to ewood park? I saw a pic of their car from that day. I sadly put the registration plate into MOT checker on google, There Mercedes Benz MOT ran out in 2020. I guess they either got a new car, or no longer have any interest in coming back to the UK again. 

Probably in the garage at the 6 million quid gold tapped mansion they never used either.

• 2 months later...

To Venkys....if the Indian Government refuse you permission to invest in our Football Club then the suffering fans implore you to put us up for sale and we ALL move on for the better.

This situation cannot be allowed to continue,your tenure of this famous and precious Club has been nothing short of disastrous.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 9

Why would you hear it? The majority see no issue with them.

Indeed JDT calling them out should lead to a few of them waking up to the root cause of this shambles of a football club, but you are far more likely to hear them telling him to ‘stop moaning and making excuses’.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Another game comes and goes,another poor result.

Again not one single dissenting voice aimed at our rank awful owners...13 shit years and counting.

Shit fans perhaps? 

Anyone who supports venkys certainly does not support Blackburn Rovers.