BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Expectations - Will Eustace be backed? [POLL]

Summer Expectations - Will Eustace be backed? [POLL]  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Eustace will have some cash to play with? If so, how much?

• No - It'll be frees and loans.
    • Up to £2m
    • Up to £5m
    • Up to £10m
    • Up to £15m
    • Up to £20m

JDT was sold a dream that turned out to be just a wet dream…… and bullshit. So he got off…. And rightly so. Anyone who thinks this manager will get anything different regarding this new manager or any new manager after eustace then you keep on dreaming them wet dreams 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is the fact that the Wharton payment will be in installments relevant?

Surely basically all deals are in installments, so if we sold him for 22m in 4 installments and bought someone for say 4m in 4 installments, its just a debtor on our balance sheet and a much smaller creditor.

You’re correct…I was highlighting that we won’t have the £22.5m available in the summer that the original post stated 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScorpioRover said:

JDT was sold a dream that turned out to be just a wet dream…… and bullshit. So he got off…. And rightly so. Anyone who thinks this manager will get anything different regarding this new manager or any new manager after eustace then you keep on dreaming them wet dreams 

The real testing time for Eustace will be the Summer transfer window when, at the whim of an Indian court he is likely to have his budget slashed for both wages and transfers. I don't believe anything will change and if his is misled or is  ambitious it will frustrate him as it did Tomasson. 

Thee name on the managers door can change but we still have the elephants in the room.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

The real testing time for Eustace will be the Summer transfer window when, at the whim of an Indian court he is likely to have his budget slashed for both wages and transfers. I don't believe anything will change and if his is misled or is  ambitious it will frustrate him as it did Tomasson. 

Thee name on the managers door can change but we still have the elephants in the room.

Can we afford the structural work needed in order to support the weight of the elephants ? 

• Like 2

The correct answer is no idea.

But external factors have resulted in promises to Lambert and JDT being reneiged on so it is a good job Eustace believes he already has the tools to do the job.

Reverting to pre March 2023 Venkynomics and behaviour, we would be looking at a Gregg budget of around 15m.

March 2023 feels like a lifetime ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

The correct answer is no idea.

But external factors have resulted in promises to Lambert and JDT being reneiged on so it is a good job Eustace believes he already has the tools to do the job.

Reverting to pre March 2023 Venkynomics and behaviour, we would be looking at a Gregg budget of around 15m.

March 2023 feels like a lifetime ago.

😂 of course.

On 12/02/2024 at 21:20, chaddyrovers said:

We will receive the Raya money which I hope we use to buy a couple of players with it plus maybe more depends on sales

We've just seen them bring in £20+ mil and as you rightly say the Raya money will come.

We should be buying more than a couple of players before we sell anyone else, we were well short prior to Wharton leaving and anyone we've picked up since are on short contracts or go back to other clubs.

The key question that everyone needs to be asking and getting an honest answer to is: 

Will the owners be going back to Court in March as originally envisaged to ask for permission to transfer more money for funding?

Or will we just rely on the first installment of the Wharton money to tide us over?

I expect the latter. Then come June the Raya money plus another modest sale should tide us over for another four or five months. Rinse and repeat.

Either way given an embargo was seemingly placed on permanent transfers for money whilst Mcguire was mid flight, I cant see there being any change to that policy unless unless the owners resolve their issues with the Indian Authorities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The key question that everyone needs to be asking and getting an honest answer to is: 

Will the owners be going back to Court in March as originally envisaged to ask for permission to transfer more money for funding?

Or will we just rely on the first installment of the Wharton money to tide us over?

I expect the latter. Then come June the Raya money plus another modest sale should tide us over for another four or five months. Rinse and repeat.

Either way given an embargo was seemingly placed on permanent transfers for money whilst Mcguire was mid flight, I cant see there being any change to that policy unless unless the owners resolve their issues with the Indian Authorities.

The court date is scheduled bit could easily be postponed. A lot of them have been already. 

If they say they don't need to send over money they may risk the court refusing their requests in future. The ED are very strongly against allowing them to send the money over and have said that the investigation is only in the very early stages.

On 12/02/2024 at 15:22, J*B said:

Court case against the owners won’t have been finalised by then, limited budget. 

The Wharton money will be swallowed up to cover running costs and then the Indian court will say "spending money on new players is not an existing contractual liability so no more funds can be sent over until the transfer income runs out". A starvation diet that only lead to relegation but the Indian courts won't either understand or give a f**k about that. Its worse than being in UK administration.

13 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The court date is scheduled bit could easily be postponed. A lot of them have been already. 

If they say they don't need to send over money they may risk the court refusing their requests in future. The ED are very strongly against allowing them to send the money over and have said that the investigation is only in the very early stages.

It took the Indian authorities 10 years to discover and take action against the Cheshire mansion scam so how long is looking through the last 14 years of remittances likely to take? The club will be playing in the National League North before they reach a conclusion. The Indian legal/tax system makes the UK look a model of speed and efficiency. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alcd said:

It took the Indian authorities 10 years to discover and take action against the Cheshire mansion scam so how long is looking through the last 14 years of remittances likely to take? The club will be playing in the National League North before they reach a conclusion. The Indian legal/tax system makes the UK look a model of speed and efficiency. 

The investigation started in 2021, funnily enough that's when the extreme penny pinching started to come into effect.

I wouldn't expect the government to start picking a fight they wouldn't win.

The impression I got from reading the court documents was that the ED were vehemently opposed to allow venkys to send money overseas.

I wouldn't expect Eustice to come out criticising the hierarchy but he strikes me as fresh faced and just happy to be here. Given that he's supposedly Waggotts man, I'm expecting him to smile whilst all around him crumbles. 

The reduced pressure from the manager means the slim liklihood of investment and him being backed has reduced when comparing with JDT.

It would be an absolute disgrace if Eustace got any significant amount of money to spend, whilst JDT and GB were forced to work on a budget of 3 Tic Tacs, a tangerine and some white dog poo.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

It would be an absolute disgrace if Eustace got any significant amount of money to spend, whilst JDT and GB were forced to work on a budget of 3 Tic Tacs, a tangerine and some white dog poo.

Bit harsh.

If any manager gets worthwhile money to spend then we'd be better off than if he didn't.

Having GB spending it would worry me though. Szmodics apart it's been a pretty sorry tale.

All likely to be an academic argument as its likely to be loans and frees until they resolve their issues with the Indian authorities imo.

That's if they ever do.

• Like 2